What pronouns should teachers in government schools use?

Should government schools require teachers to call students the pronoun of their choice?

• Yes, and any teacher who doesn't should be fired

• No but if the student asks the teacher politely, the teacher is an ass if they don't

• No, and the teacher should be fired for lying by calling the student anything but their birth gender

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
I would not fire teachers or compel speech, but I say the teacher is an ass if they aren't polite to their student and call them at a personal level what they want to be called. That isn't a political position, it's being a decent person.

It's not possible to list EVERY possibility in these polls. If none are perfect, please pick the closest answer to your view and explain in your post.

Last edited:
I feel this is getting into dangerous territory. What if democrat students get together and want to be called rat vomit, which seems likely to me. Should a teacher say "Rat vomit, can you come up front and recite Stalin's speech of Aug 11, 1949?

What if democrat students want to be called "Hair sniffers"? I also have a problem with the poll Q's. Why not add another option. Should all fascist dem teachers be fired and be replaced with decent people?

Instead of wasting time with this 'what pronoun would you prefer' crap and 'CRT' where kids are taught to hate each other and their country, how about we get back to teaching Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, Science, History, etc...?

Instead of wasting time with this 'what pronoun would you prefer' crap and 'CRT' where kids are taught to hate each other and their country, how about we get back to teaching Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, Science, History, etc...?

This is too challenging for teacher's anymore.

If the teacher wants respect they must give respect, the same for the student.
The problem is, that it appears that in order for a teacher to “give respect” to students these days, that it requires a 6,000 page political correctness manual and a junior G Man decoder ring just to do it.

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding what your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”

The problem is, that it appears that in order for a teacher to “give respect” to students these days, that it requires a 6,000 page political correctness manual and a junior G Man decoder ring just to do it.

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”
Nametags would help...I would simply refer to them as you or you all...

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”
Nametags would help...I would simply refer to them as you or you all...
Yeah except for the fact that most of the nonsense that students want to be called these days wouldn’t fit on a name tag, they’d need a billboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back