What Kind of Scam is Joe Manchin Cooking Up?

Eat a bag of fresh dicks. Im not spiking the ball yet... lets be honest Manchin is now a verb for flip flopping... but if this holds what a great win for Biden, the Democrats, Americans, World Citizens, our environment, healthcare, inflation, drug affordability, tax fairness, and world peace.
How does this affect "World Citizens", "inflation" or "world peace"?

You people's problem is that you don't really know if you're winning or losing.

Let me define "losing" for you:

Gasoline rising to twice the price it was during 2018, a 9.1% inflation rate which is almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, a recession, and retirement accounts lost $3 trillion dollars just over the last year. The price of oil jumping up to $130 per barrel, having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil while draining our own strategic reserves, sporadic shortages on the store shelves, supply line disruptions, a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, an spiraling epidemic of violent crime and drugs, 4 million more illegals within the last two years, more COVID deaths than in 2020, a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan that cost 13 American soldiers their lives, a weakened, pussified military, Iran's nuclear program having enough nuclear material to build a bomb, a revitalized Russian oil industry, China being energy and militarily dominant, a war in Europe that could even go nuclear, and a bumbling, shuffling leader who can't even read a teleprompter without tripping over his lips.
Here's the deal. You are soooo into team sport politics that all you see are issues when you think your guy isnt in charge. One of the most revealing statistics of this mindset was in November of 2016 when republicans went from answering the "economy sucked" on surveys to "economy is great" overnight simply because their candidate won the election. That is crazy.

Now, here you are... ignoring the fact that the American economy has pulled its ass out of the difficulties of the pandemic to deliver an economy with the lowest level of unemployment in a century, the highest corporate profits ever, and best corporate balance sheets ever. Is there some energy inflation from Trump working with OPEC to cut oil output? Sure. But Trump didnt know OPEC was going to like the low output and profits so much that they wouldnt raise their output again when demand went up.

Here is our oil output.
1659024323292.png

Biden has been president under Covid twice as long as Trump so it's weird you'd say Covid deaths are higher... especially since you are counting the second he took over. Shows a lack of interest in understanding.

Biden has us in zero wars right now. He actually got us out of Afghanistan which Trump punted on. You'll never know how Trump would have done because he didnt.

On Wednesday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced he had struck a deal with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) It’s an agreement Manchin is calling “The Inflation Reduction Act”. The legislation is said to be “a sweeping $740 billion package to increase taxes on the wealthy and invest in climate and health care while also reducing the deficit.”

The White House is extremely pleased as the bill reinstates much of the Democratic domestic policy agenda that Manchin vetoed over the preceding months.

“‘Rather than risking more inflation with trillions in new spending, this bill will cut the inflation taxes Americans are paying, lower the cost of health insurance and prescription drugs, and ensure our country invests in the energy security and climate change solutions we need to remain a global superpower through innovation rather than elimination,’ Manchin said in a lengthy statement.”

For Manchin, the entire deal is uncharacteristically generous to average Americans, the segment of society Manchin, his moderate Democratic brethren, and the Republican Party hold in contempt. Manchin knows this piece of legislation is a dead-end, he has a legion of moderate Democrats prepared to join with the Senate Republicans to vote the bill down. (Or, kill it with the filibuster.)

Either way, there is no chance of a “wealth tax” or any attempt to mitigate climate change will ever be addressed by those congresspersons bought and paid for by Big Business and the billionaire class.

“The Inflation Reduction Act”, is nothing more an inside joke within “hallowed halls” of Washington D. C.

R.15a7164e483bb17c0f98b13c812a041c

On Wednesday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced he had struck a deal with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) It’s an agreement Manchin is calling “The Inflation Reduction Act”. The legislation is said to be “a sweeping $740 billion package to increase taxes on the wealthy and invest in climate and health care while also reducing the deficit.”

The White House is extremely pleased as the bill reinstates much of the Democratic domestic policy agenda that Manchin vetoed over the preceding months.

“‘Rather than risking more inflation with trillions in new spending, this bill will cut the inflation taxes Americans are paying, lower the cost of health insurance and prescription drugs, and ensure our country invests in the energy security and climate change solutions we need to remain a global superpower through innovation rather than elimination,’ Manchin said in a lengthy statement.”

For Manchin, the entire deal is uncharacteristically generous to average Americans, the segment of society Manchin, his moderate Democratic brethren, and the Republican Party hold in contempt. Manchin knows this piece of legislation is a dead-end, he has a legion of moderate Democrats prepared to join with the Senate Republicans to vote the bill down. (Or, kill it with the filibuster.)

Either way, there is no chance of a “wealth tax” or any attempt to mitigate climate change will ever be addressed by those congresspersons bought and paid for by Big Business and the billionaire class.

“The Inflation Reduction Act”, is nothing more an inside joke within “hallowed halls” of Washington D. C.

It is just more proof that Manchin is at heart a career Politician. He probably caved to the far left because he sees some personal benefit down the road. They are all corrupt in one way or another.

It is a budget reconciliation of H.R. 5376, you know as the Build Back Better Act that was passed by the House, already, and was blocked or stonewalled by Joe Manchin in the Senate. I did not even see a Senate bill number on it, as spending starts in the house, has to be passed there, then approved/reconciled in the Senate get final agreement from the house with it changes,etc.
Looks to me like another intermediate step. It depends on how Nancy likes it or not and how much political capital Joe Biden has with Nancy to get her to go with it.
This could just be a passing headline. It is only progress as Manchin had not stated before what it would take for him to go along with it to get his vote. At this point, I suspect Biden would go along with anything he can get through both houses and Manchin in the Senate has been the stumbling block.

Also, Sinema (D-AZ) has said she needs to "read the legislation first" before it gets her support. That woman takes little interest in being a Senator, and I highly doubt she reads any of these bills.

Of course there is something in it for Manchin, it's always politics as usual:

One possible clue to Mr. Manchin’s change of heart came in a line of his joint announcement with Mr. Schumer that they had secured a commitment from both Mr. Biden and Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California that Congress would approve a separate measure to address the permitting of energy infrastructure, potentially including natural gas pipelines, before the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30.

That could ease the way for a project in which Mr. Manchin has taken a personal interest, the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which would transport Appalachian shale gas from West Virginia to Virginia.

Democrats said the Senate could take up the legislation by next week, although a number of parliamentary and procedural hurdles remain. It must adhere to strict budgetary rules since Democrats plan to move it under the arcane budget process known as reconciliation that allows certain fiscal measures to pass with only a simple majority.

Manchin might look like a rebel but make no mistake about it, he is a tax and spend loyal democrat. He is caught in a bind between old Brandon's war on fossil fuel and his need to protect his constituent base that relies partly on coal production but he isn't afraid to join old Brandon in a fiscal freaking disaster if that's what it takes to advance the interests of the democrat party.

this is a terrible deal, and the Republicans have to kill it!

the geniuses that gave us the recession are the same geniuses that gave us the Afghan withdrawal

Here are a couple things from the Business Insider article, including full text of the draft legislation, release Wednesday night.
View attachment 675413
I love how these people call all spending "investments". It's never spending. Obama was great at that. For eight years he never spent a dime, everything was "investments".

I love how these people call all spending "investments". It's never spending. Obama was great at that. For eight years he never spent a dime, everything was "investments".
Very good point. Nothing like trying to project a positive mental (keyword MENTAL) attitude in political sales. :auiqs.jpg:

"this bill would be the most significant legislation ever to tackle the climate crisis and improve our energy security right away. a huge step forward!" - Biden just now

What specific issue do you have with the bill?
Actually, I am a Manchin fan. I believe in him. So, I'm not against this particular bill, so far. Most of the left are idiots to the maximum degree. I'm a right leaning conservative who's not against taxing some of the rich more if done properly and I'm not against the country going in the green direction, if done properly. And, if this bill actually does help reduce the deficit, I'm all for it. I don't really know enough about the prescription drug thing but I'm not against lower med prices, if done properly. Subsidizing more of Obamacare is one thing I am against because instead of just charging more money to Uncle Sam's charge card, I think we should be doing things to actually reduce the cost of medical care, something that both sides seem to be totally inept at because the right don't even seem to try and the left mistakenly think that if we just pay the big players less or get rid of the middle man the problem will just magically disappear.

The legislation is said to be “a sweeping $740 billion package to increase taxes on the wealthy and invest in climate and health care while also reducing the deficit.”
Which means they are still debt spending. They'll have to do better than that to impress me.

Manchin is an enigma to the cult because he reps his CONSTITUENTS and does not tongue Schumer’s asspipe.

Forum List

Back