What is your favorite little place to eat?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
I like D'egg Diner for breakfast. Everything is really good there and they have the best mimosas on earth. If you want a non alcoholic beverage the lemonade is dreamy. I usually get a sampler plate with 2 scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, and biscuit.

Even though I don't care for Mexican culture, they do have a way with dead critters. My favorite are those little taco joints that serve up three chicken tacos on corn tortillas, with cilantro and onions. But the only reason I like them is for the sauce: One squeeze bottle of red sauce, and one of green sauce.

I've tried to make that damned red sauce but never could get it exactly right, even using the recipe one of the cooks gave me. Those tacos used to be one dollar when I lived in Austin, TX back in the 80's, now they usually run $2.80 or $3.00 apiece.

We have two Mexican restaurants way up here in this small Wisconsin town, that serves those. I always eat three of them with a steaming side order of rice, sometimes beans. Then wash it down with a Jarrito soda or a Mexican Coke in a bottle.

Makes me want to go Catholic and have 20 kids.

Even though I don't care for Mexican culture, they do have a way with dead critters. My favorite are those little taco joints that serve up three chicken tacos on corn tortillas, with cilantro and onions. But the only reason I like them is for the sauce: One squeeze bottle of red sauce, and one of green sauce.

I've tried to make that damned red sauce but never could get it exactly right, even using the recipe one of the cooks gave me. Those tacos used to be one dollar when I lived in Austin, TX back in the 80's, now they usually run $2.80 or $3.00 apiece.

We have two Mexican restaurants way up here in this small Wisconsin town, that serves those. I always eat three of them with a steaming side order of rice, sometimes beans. Then wash it down with a Jarrito soda or a Mexican Coke in a bottle.

Makes me want to go there.

Don't. Your ass will burn for three days. :laughing0301:

My favorite place that won't be found anywhere else on the map is a place in my city named Hillbilly's Cabin. I was there today as usual.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This year marks the place's 40th anniversary actually. :) :) :)

I like D'egg Diner for breakfast. Everything is really good there and they have the best mimosas on earth. If you want a non alcoholic beverage the lemonade is dreamy. I usually get a sampler plate with 2 scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, and biscuit.
I can say something but it would not be appropriate for GD. Use your imagination

Bet he's really lit a lot of firecrackers over the years

Are you my brother? How else would you know that I had one go off in my fingers once? That fuckin' hurt.

And sorry for the firecracker fights we used to have. I didn't mean to throw that in your face. :laughing0301:

A little mom and pop Italian restaurant not far from me in Mt Sinai, NY called Renzos. Unbelievably good!

All-time favorite was a little German restaurant - Otto's - in Chester, Connecticut. Huge portions of excellent food at reasonable prices. Used to lead 3-5 others on Sunday noonish fly-in adventures. Father of a friend - his name was Reggie - was the airport manager. Used to keep an old VW van there and would let fly-in groups use it free for the 5-mile run into town He wouldn't accept tips or charge landing fees but was very pleased when all the airplanes topped off fuel before leaving.

Anybody else remember the original Otto's? There a pizza place by that name in Chester these days but it's not the same. I think the original closed sometime in the 70's or maybe 80's.

Are you my brother? How else would you know that I had one go off in my fingers once? That fuckin' hurt.

And sorry for the firecracker fights we used to have. I didn't mean to throw that in your face. :laughing0301:
I'm a Taco Hell lover. Shot some M80s off myself

2nd fave: Four Corner's Restaurant and Antiques, Hollis, New Hampshire. Mr. and Mrs. Newcombe - sole proprietors. She served; he cooked. They sang. They were in their 80s back then. Grew their own veggies; raised their ownchickens and the occasional pig. Parties with children under school age were not allowed in after one "little mommie" changed a baby on a table. They were long-retired music hall singers - she from Nantucket; he from Canada.

I'm a Taco Hell lover. Shot some M80s off myself

To a taco purist, Taco Bell is pure shit. But I love those damned things too. I can eat six hardshell taco supremes in one sitting, with 30 packets of the "Fire" sauce." I even pilfer two pockets full of those packets when I go there, it goes on anything.

I once told the manager how much I liked the Fire sauce and he gave be a Walmart bag full of the packets. Sometimes I even suck the sauce right out of the packets, like I'm gonna do right now.

:laughing0301:

There was a place called "Country Cookin" in western Va. that offered a modest salad buffet and a bland menu for a reasonable price. Covid put them out of business.

Home

Forum List

Back