What Is the Worst Prediction From Climate Scientists

the last time they thought we were ice free was about 2.6 million years ago.

2.6 million years ago

Greenland completely green

Something like 5 million cubic miles of ice on North america down to Chicago and Indiana

About 80-90% of Antarctica's current ice cover was present

So, no, not even close to ice free. Jurassic was close to an ice free Earth, why it was WARMER and WETTER...

Much appreciated.

I have not paid much attention to the alarmists claims. What are they saying ?
What I run into is that it's hard to get clear info from those advocating AGW. Vast majority of the time there seems a shortage of clear thinking and a shortage of hard numbers.

I didn't ask the question to well. My apologies.

The chart in post #29 would seem to indicate that we, currently, are high as we have ever been (with one exception) in the last 775K years. This assumes that the negative numbers mean lower oceans levels.

In doing a little research, the last time they thought we were ice free was about 2.6 million years ago. Is that correct ?
No. 2.6 million years ago Antarctica still had a polar cap.

They are lying... about....

ocean rise
atmospheric warming
ocean warming
Co2 causing warming
ongoing net ice melt
breakout in canes

The ONLY THING the Co2 FRAUD has that is real is warming on the surface of growing urban areas due to Urban Heat Sink Effect, that's it.

I'll try to find the specifics for each of these.

Thank you for the list.

It may already be posted here.....I am somewhat ADHD

If we can speculate, then the worst climate change would be the collapse of our current 6-cell convection system down to a 2-cell circulation system ... air flow across Europe and the United States would become east-to-west, instead of our current west-to-east pattern ...

What does 200 inches of rain per year in Virginia look like? ... how about The Carolinas? ... 300 inches per year along the Hudson and Connecticut Rivers ... no more Gulf Stream-type sea surface currents; Europe, Korea and Japan all would ice up ...

Southern California would be a complete and total DESERT ... oh wait, it already is a desert ...
No no no, Southern California will become a RAIN FOREST ... may God have mercy on our souls ...

=====

Realistically ... global warming means longer growing seasons for farmers, but that's balanced against more weeds choking the combines ... fewer tax dollars will need to be spent keeping snow plow operators on standby, or plowing snow for that matter ... less snow is always a good thing except for career snow plow operators ...

But don't get your hopes up ... we've already seen half the warming expected by Year 2123 ... any bad weather because of warming will have to wait until Central America opens up that sea lane again and we return to normal temperatures ... 15º to 20ºC warmer than it has been these past 30 million years ...

When dinosaurs lived, the climate was tropical pole-to-pole ...

I'll try to find the specifics for each of these.

Thank you for the list.

It may already be posted here.....I am somewhat ADHD

Start here.

Why can't they show us a single photo of a landmark sinking if "the ice is melting" and oceans are "rising?"

Why is the record decade for canes the 1940s if the oceans have been "warming?"

If Antarctica is "melting" as they say, why is there NO LIQUID WATER THERE?

If we can speculate, then the worst climate change would be the collapse of our current 6-cell convection system down to a 2-cell circulation system ... air flow across Europe and the United States would become east-to-west, instead of our current west-to-east pattern ...

What does 200 inches of rain per year in Virginia look like? ... how about The Carolinas? ... 300 inches per year along the Hudson and Connecticut Rivers ... no more Gulf Stream-type sea surface currents; Europe, Korea and Japan all would ice up ...

Southern California would be a complete and total DESERT ... oh wait, it already is a desert ...
No no no, Southern California will become a RAIN FOREST ... may God have mercy on our souls ...

=====

Realistically ... global warming means longer growing seasons for farmers, but that's balanced against more weeds choking the combines ... fewer tax dollars will need to be spent keeping snow plow operators on standby, or plowing snow for that matter ... less snow is always a good thing except for career snow plow operators ...

But don't get your hopes up ... we've already seen half the warming expected by Year 2123 ... any bad weather because of warming will have to wait until Central America opens up that sea lane again and we return to normal temperatures ... 15º to 20ºC warmer than it has been these past 30 million years ...

When dinosaurs lived, the climate was tropical pole-to-pole ...

BULLSHIT

wind and ocean currents are weather, not climate.

Your side has NO CLIMATE CHANGE... from Co2 recently...

Start here.

Why can't they show us a single photo of a landmark sinking if "the ice is melting" and oceans are "rising?"

Why is the record decade for canes the 1940s if the oceans have been "warming?"

If Antarctica is "melting" as they say, why is there NO LIQUID WATER THERE?

I get that.

What I need to do is my own homework on getting charts together and finding out if they are the same charts you rely on.

The narrative if kind of spinning around in my head....but I need to sort it out.

Thanks for your help.

getting charts together and finding out if they are the same charts you rely on

That is a strategy of collecting "charts" that you did not prepare and do not understand how they were made. Take, for example, the issue of the atmosphere. The Co2 FRAUD claims Co2 is "warming" the atmosphere. They have fudge charts for idiots to cut and paste. But, in reality, we have TWO AND ONLY TWO MEASURES of atmospheric temps, satellites and balloons, which returned highly correlated data.

What was that data? ... and remember this is NBC spinning it for the Co2 FRAUD side....

"satellite and weather balloon data have actually suggested the opposite, that the atmosphere was cooling"

Gotta love that spin. "Suggested" Your outside thermometer "suggested" 85F today, but that was just a "suggestion," and after a conflicted taxpayer funded fudgebaking liar got through with it, the temperature reads 95F....

In reality, what the article calls "cooling" was really a flat line with modest up and down variance. Both satellites and balloons, for example showed a cooler than normal atmosphere in 1998, the first Bill Clinton "warmest year ever" claim....

What the warmers used to fudge the data is the most pathetic idiotic dishonest BS.

Satellites - "orbit wobble" was the claim, IR satellite data would not have changed at all

Balloons - "shade issues" that were constant the whole time. OK, so the "correction" would be a one time constant adjustment for all data, but somehow that changed a FLAT LINE into an UPWARD SLOPE....

The idiocy of the fraud

What is the evidence the atmosphere is "warming?" FUDGE

Is there ANY EVIDENCE that increasing atmospheric Co2 causes atmospheric "warming?" NO

This, of course, is something I need to learn more about.

I kept thinking about it when Al Gore was blathering about glaciers.

What should we be expecting in terms of water level increases.

Most of the charts I see, show 10" increase since 1880. I've seen some challenges to those numbers, but by-and-large that is what is being said.

How that is related to melting and past increases....I am not aware of (and need to learn).

I've seen statements that we are looking at 230 ft increase if all ice melts.

That's happened (the ice has melted) in the past. So I assume we increased sea levels by that much.
I'm puzzled why a denier like you would attempt to pretend he's being objective in these discussions. Are you embarrassed that your positions are so scientifically unsupportable? Are you trying to avoid looking as ignorant as such a position is bound to make you? Be a man. Stand up for yourself and your beliefs. That you can't objectively defend them is a problem for other people to worry about, right?

I'm puzzled why a denier like you would attempt to pretend he's being objective in these discussions. Are you embarrassed that your positions are so scientifically unsupportable? Are you trying to avoid looking as ignorant as such a position is bound to make you? Be a man. Stand up for yourself and your beliefs. That you can't objectively defend them is a problem for other people to worry about, right?

The Co2 FRAUD relies on

number of conflicted taxpayer funded liars, somehow 5k of them is more impressive than 10, or something like that
FUDGE - ocean temps, atmospheric temps, ocean rise claims, all FUDGE, no evidence in real data before fudging.
FRAUD - squirting bleach into coral and blaming it on "record ocean temps"

Funny, the claim of "record ocean temps" was before the first two canes hit that area, and NEITHER GOT TO A CAT 5 despite "warmest ever ocean temps...."

BULLSHIT!!!

He seems genuine to me.

The climate-change cult is setting fires all over the planet.
How can you care about the planet if you're trying to burn it down?

They've rendered our washing machines worthless.
They don't allow them to operate in a normal manner.
They simply get the cloths wet and then wring out the water at the end of the cycle.
Clothes still stink when they're done washing.

That's why they created perfume pellets to make your clothes smell decent when they're dried.
Somebody negged me for this post. Which part didn't they agree with?

Check it out. The recent surge in warming, which has convinced all the normal people how stupid deniers are, has got the denier losers here losing their crap more than they've ever lost it before. Reality is hurting them so badly, they're being forced to retreat into an entirely new alternate reality.

The actual climate scientists have been excellent with their predictions, and no amount of denier lying and gaslighting will change that record of success. They've gotten everything right for 40+ years. That's why the world assigns them such credibility.

In contrast, denier cranks have faceplanted spectaculary over that same 40+ years. That's why the world correclty classifies them as cult clowns. Deniers are still making the same "NEW ICE AGE TOMORROW!!!!!" predictions that they haven't stopped making since the 1970s, a time when almost all of the climate scientists were predicting warming.

If left-wing politics vanished, climate science wouldn't change a bit, because it's actual hard science.

If right-wing politics vanished, denialism would instantly vanish along with it, because denialism is 100% weird politics.

Check it out. The recent surge in warming, which has convinced all the normal people how stupid deniers are, has got the denier losers here losing their crap more than they've ever lost it before. Reality is hurting them so badly, they're being forced to retreat into an entirely new alternate reality.

The actual climate scientists have been excellent with their predictions, and no amount of denier lying and gaslighting will change that record of success. They've gotten everything right for 40+ years. That's why the world assigns them such credibility.

In contrast, denier cranks have faceplanted spectaculary over that same 40+ years. That's why the world correclty classifies them as cult clowns. Deniers are still making the same "NEW ICE AGE TOMORROW!!!!!" predictions that they haven't stopped making since the 1970s, a time when almost all of the climate scientists were predicting warming.

If left-wing politics vanished, climate science wouldn't change a bit, because it's actual hard science.

If right-wing politics vanished, denialism would instantly vanish along with it, because denialism is 100% weird politics.
It's called summertime, dummy.

Your side is claiming "warmest ocean water on record" this year.

So far only one cane has gotten to Cat 5 for a grand total of 15 hours before it melted down...

The hurricane season is REFUTING the claim of "warmest ever ocean water."

It seems that if the wind blows the wrong direction one day, it's all due to AGW.

We won't hit 100 in Phoenix today. We will get up there a little later. This is all normal.

But washing machines are still taking care of the soiled underpants of the alarmists over "Phoenix's record heat", which was only a record in terms of duration about 110. There was one day when the record for that day was broken And BTW, the previous record was set in the 1970's (50 years ago). Still waiting to hear about that.

But....for the sake of discussion, I'd like to know what is the worst projected "disaster" you have read about. Links would be much appreciated.

Lately it seems that some of the scientific community is coming out and saying "Global Warming Yes......Climate Crisis.....No). They have to have some rational for that thinking too. If you come across any, I'd love to hear.
Where is your link showing they were wrong …..wherever? BS artist.

It seems that if the wind blows the wrong direction one day, it's all due to AGW.

We won't hit 100 in Phoenix today. We will get up there a little later. This is all normal.

But washing machines are still taking care of the soiled underpants of the alarmists over "Phoenix's record heat", which was only a record in terms of duration about 110. There was one day when the record for that day was broken And BTW, the previous record was set in the 1970's (50 years ago). Still waiting to hear about that.

But....for the sake of discussion, I'd like to know what is the worst projected "disaster" you have read about. Links would be much appreciated.

Lately it seems that some of the scientific community is coming out and saying "Global Warming Yes......Climate Crisis.....No). They have to have some rational for that thinking too. If you come across any, I'd love to hear.
The sun is going to turn into a red giant and swell up larger than the orbit of Venus and maybe even the Earth. That will be a really bad day.

Forum List

Back