What is the point of further debates.

I have a question. I know what a "V" recovery is on stocks, but Biden said, we didn't have a "V" recovery, it was a "K" recovery. WTH? Can someone explain that to me?
I believe a K shaped recovery, to put it simply, is one where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
This from 24/7 Wall St at Wallst.com.
Economists have traditionally used three letters to describe an economic recovery. A “V-shaped” one is a sharp decline in gross domestic product followed by a rapid recovery. The process takes a few months. In a “U-shaped” one, the bottom lasts longer, perhaps several quarters. In an “L-shaped” one, the bottom lasts for a very long period. More recently, there has been debate about a “K-shaped” recovery. This kind of recession is characterized by the fortunes of workers that go in one of two directions. The first segment of the population has its prospects recover from a downturn almost immediately. Another suffers much longer. The difference is between the rich and poor.
If the current recovery is K-shaped, it is because relatively few middle class and upper-class workers have lost jobs, compared to people who have very low incomes, and sometimes live below the poverty level. A look across the economy explains this may very well be the case. The services economy has been crippled badly. Hundreds of thousands of people who work in restaurants and hotels have lost work. Some of America’s largest retailers have breathed their last.

Really...does anyone care about Hunter Biden? But faced with a foundering economy, COVID 19, racial tension, etc... he wanted to talk about his opponent's son. WOW.

Yes we do.. That kind of nepotism is despicable.. Especially when you lie about it.. And it shouldn't be REWARDED with more power and responsibility.. But YOU vote for "winners".. No matter how deep you have to go to scrape the slime off the bottom of the ole pickle barrel to find them..

Same warning to Repubs. It's time to END the slow, bloody suicide of these 2 inept, corrupt DERANGED parties and their media advocates...

Really...does anyone care about Hunter Biden? But faced with a foundering economy, COVID 19, racial tension, etc... he wanted to talk about his opponent's son. WOW.

Yes we do.. That kind of nepotism is despicable.. Especially when you lie about it.. And it shouldn't be REWARDED with more power and responsibility.. But YOU vote for "winners".. No matter how deep you have to go to scrape the slime off the bottom of the ole pickle barrel to find them..

Same warning to Repubs. It's time to END the slow, bloody suicide of these 2 inept, corrupt DERANGED parties and their media advocates...
No the nepotist N chief out sums any in living memory, with his whole family working in the White House. Only the weak follow the slime to the bottom of the barrel. Sooner or later bad leadership will destroy and then you are screwed. Then it may be your turn in the barrel, just like the dirty joke.

No the nepotist N chief out sums any in living memory, with his whole family working in the White House. Only the weak follow the slime to the bottom of the barrel. Sooner or later bad leadership will destroy and then you are screwed. Then it may be your turn in the barrel, just like the dirty joke.

No the nepotist N chief out sums any in living memory, with his whole family working in the White House.

Sounds awful!!

What are their government salaries?

I dont consider that nepotism.. His family IS/WAS his team in the Trump business.. They are assets not leeches. Ivanka drives a Cat D40 bulldozer with the best of them.. Trust me on that.. ESPECIALLY when you're the FIRST OUTSIDER to get the Presidency in our lifetimes.. In the SWAMP -- they EAT outsiders for breakfast. Trump is just fortunate enough to have a "family business" and Kushner and Ivanka have individually made BIG accomplishments..

Didn't have a problem JFK bringing Bobbie in as AG -- don't have an issue with Ivanka or Jared.. But I DO have a HUGE ISSUE with pay to play and graft and mysterious FORTUNES MADE while in office for any politician's family..

Trump isn't even taking a salary.. He's losing a big percentage of his empire to do this.. I don't see an equivalency with taking $3.5Mill from the "first lady of Moscow" or getting board positions with foreign energy companies or handling venture capital in China because YOUR DAD is V.P when you're a recovering addict with little experience in ANY of that..

I dont consider that nepotism.. His family IS/WAS his team in the Trump business.. They are assets not leeches. Ivanka drives a Cat D40 bulldozer with the best of them.. Trust me on that.. ESPECIALLY when you're the FIRST OUTSIDER to get the Presidency in our lifetimes.. In the SWAMP -- they EAT outsiders for breakfast. Trump is just fortunate enough to have a "family business" and Kushner and Ivanka have individually made BIG accomplishments..

Didn't have a problem JFK bringing Bobbie in as AG -- don't have an issue with Ivanka or Jared.. But I DO have a HUGE ISSUE with pay to play and graft and mysterious FORTUNES MADE while in office for any politician's family..

Trump isn't even taking a salary.. He's losing a big percentage of his empire to do this.. I don't see an equivalency with taking $3.5Mill from the "first lady of Moscow" or getting board positions with foreign energy companies or handling venture capital in China because YOUR DAD is V.P when you're a recovering addict with little experience in ANY of that..
They just changed the name of the swamp to trump Inc. and are hastening us to a top down autocracy as the leader he most admires. I favor the representative republic form for all it's flaws and benefits. Now you got people thinking he should put Federal troops on the street and failing that see no problem with incorporating a secret police. If he says he was cheated when he loses, the little BLM BS isn;t going to look like $hit compare to what may come. You got idiots on here that advocate for civil war, mostly because they have not studied war except through war movies.
Makes me glad I am well provisioned, trained and equipped to take care of me and mine. Trump needs to lose big, for the good of the country.

Now you got people thinking he should put Federal troops on the street and failing that see no problem with incorporating a secret police.

Point one.. No federal troops required.. The Nat Guard are inactive military until they're called up.. And in OUR lifetime -- ACTUAL Fed troops have been deployed for much less cause. All in all about 17 times in the past 60 years for either Nat Guard or ACTUAL federal troops.. Nat Guard ACTUALLY TRAINS for these events. The active military does not.. Go look up the reasons for those 17 or so deployments.

Point two. This "secret police" is just the awful planning and execution of "scenario handbooks" that we pay MASSIVE NUMBERS of bureaucratic morons to painstakingly write up at HomeLand Security and DOJ and Treasury.. There was "secret police".. Only borrowed assets without VEHICLES stationed locally or uniforms that didn't say BATF or Treasury Agent or FEMA security on them.. Which would have been MORE confusing and berated by the Monday morning Q-backs..

Now when Obama used to talk about a National Citizen Police force -- THAT kinda set off major fires in my sensibilities.. Shouldn't EVER be anything National in terms of policing.. Maybe a FEW standards.. CERTAINLY never manpower or physical assets..

I'm tired of the partisan bickering.. Had enough of that tonight. THink I'll call it quits..

Biden won this debate. Joe is probably going to win the next two as well because the circus that has been going on for nearly 4 years was brought into sharp relief tonight. The blob is a sleazebag...he showed it tonight and likely turned off a great many people with his antics.

Anyway, I'm sure Joe is hoping for 2 more debates just like the one from tonight.
It was clear what would happen given Trump did nothing to prepare – after confirmation of Trump’s incompetence and corruption by Woodward and this weekend’s Times articles, Trump clearly decided his only recourse was to run the ‘debate’ into a ditch.

Trump is not only a disgrace, he’s a coward.

If you'd just drop the token partisan crap -- I might be interested in discussing with you.. But with that obvious mongo distortion about Trump ruining the economy -- I've got better things to do...

You were happy to give Trump the credit for the economy he inherited from Obama, but it was some other guy when it all came crashing down?

Even Mitt Romney called that claim BS.

The point is, the people who hired him thought he did a fine job. Hunter had a long history as a lobbyist he had to give up when his dad became vice president, and working for foriegn companies was the alternative.

If the remaining debates will just descend into this type of shit show then what is the point.

To give Vice President Biden a chance to show that he isn't a total A-Hole? Calling the Presidency of the United States a "clown" was embarrassing and totally unpresidential.

Sleepy Joe just isn't ready for the job and should go back to Wilmington and get ready for 2024.

Can you imagine someone like this representing our nation and calling real leaders from around the globe "clowns"?

I have a question. I know what a "V" recovery is on stocks, but Biden said, we didn't have a "V" recovery, it was a "K" recovery. WTH? Can someone explain that to me?
I believe a K shaped recovery, to put it simply, is one where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Like during the Obama Administration? No wonder it rang a bell with Joe!

Even Mitt Romney called that claim BS.

The point is, the people who hired him thought he did a fine job. Hunter had a long history as a lobbyist he had to give up when his dad became vice president, and working for foriegn companies was the alternative.
Hunter had a long history cashing in on his Dad's political positions...he's done it his entire adult life. The people that "hired" him couldn't have cared less what he actually did...he never set foot in the Ukraine the entire time he was on the board of Burisma but why would he have...it's not like he ever DID anything for the company! That money Hunter Biden received was nothing more than a bribe to curry favor with Joe Biden and anyone who thinks a drug addled loser like Hunter Biden would have received anything like that if his father WASN'T the Vice President is laughably naive!

To give Vice President Biden a chance to show that he isn't a total A-Hole? Calling the Presidency of the United States a "clown" was embarrassing and totally unpresidential.

Calling Trump a clown is an insult to clowns, most of whom are nice guys who want to entertain children.

Trump just give children and adults nightmares.

1601467663271.png

Sleepy Joe just isn't ready for the job and should go back to Wilmington and get ready for 2024.

Can you imagine someone like this representing our nation and calling real leaders from around the globe "clowns"?

Wait a minute, Trump has been calling leaders of other countries, including our ALLIES, much, much worse names for the last four years.

And NOW your are concerned Biden called Trump a clown?

Forum List

Back