What Have the Democrats or Republicans Done or Tried to Do to Help the Economy?

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Someone brought up something similar in another post but instead of just asking, they accused the GOP of intentionally trying to keep us from recovering.
Now that I think about it, I don't really know of anything either party has done or even tried to do in the last year. The Ryan plan wouldn't have reduced the deficit or had any immediate positve effect on the economy. I haven't seen anything from the Dems. So what have I missed in the last year?

Has your party:

Passed any bills?
Even Introduced any bills?

What direct effects did or would these have on the economy, when and how?

And of course, the weaklings will just point out the fault of "those other guys". Gee, amazing. Who cares. Make a case for your guys.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, I don't really know of anything either party has done or even tried to do in the last year.

That statement ended any desire on my part to respond to your thread. Get real...

10 Dem jobs bills being blocked by Pubs- hell, they won't pass anything since 1/2010. In a couple days, Obama will demand his jobs plan or some cooperation somewhere...them maybe the media will report the truth of their total obstruction of even their kind of jobs bills...

Someone brought up something similar in another post but instead of just asking, they accused the GOP of intentionally trying to keep us from recovering.
Now that I think about it, I don't really know of anything either party has done or even tried to do in the last year. The Ryan plan wouldn't have reduced the deficit or had any immediate positve effect on the economy. I haven't seen anything from the Dems. So what have I missed in the last year?

Has your party:

Passed any bills?

And of course, the weaklings will just point out the fault of "those other guys". Gee, amazing. Who cares. Make a case for your guys.

What do you expect them to do? We just watched the economic moron sitting in the White House borrow and spend 868 BILLION dollars to stimulate the private sector economy--and it flopped.

The ONLY thing the Federal Government can do is "encourage" private sector business to grow and expand and the ONLY way they can do that is by lowering the tax rate. Currently the United States has the highest corporate tax rate in the WORLD at 39%.

Has your party:

Passed any bills?

What do you expect them to do? We just watched the economic moron sitting in the White House borrow and spend 868 BILLION dollars to stimulate the private sector economy--and it flopped.

The ONLY thing the Federal Government can do is "encourage" private sector business to grow and expand and the ONLY way they can do that is by lowering the tax rate. Currently the United States has the highest corporate tax rate in the WORLD at 39%.

So basically, your assertation is that there is absolutely nothing that government can do about unemployment other than lower taxes. Yet, I think I've seen you post that GE (Obama's friends) didn't pay enough taxes. I could be wrong though.
Thus, the fact that when tax rates were higher, unemployment was lower, is to you, irrelevant because it doesn't support your position. Hmmm.
And you've never posted anything implying that Obama, who has yet to raise taxes one penny, is in any way responsible for our unemployment problem? Because you know, your last sentence and all would seem to contradict that.

Now that I think about it, I don't really know of anything either party has done or even tried to do in the last year.

That statement ended any desire on my part to respond to your thread. Get real...

Rather than get all b1tchy, why not educate me a bit. Post something relevant. Unlike many here, I don't claim to know all or be the authority on everything.

Forum List

Back