What has Obama done for America during his term?

First, let's begin by saying this is going to be a very colossal post, so those with no patience or attention spans for that matter, need not proceed further.

Next, I'm going to show you a meme circulated by Occupy Democrats supposedly showing how much Obama has made America better, with a few corrections for chronological relevancy:

12310537_10153922105899767_5077534478032173054_n.jpg

Unemployment (Official U3):

Last year of Bush (as of January 2009): 7.8%
Today under Obama: 5.0%

Unemployment (Actual U6):

Last year of Bush (as of January 2009): 14.2%
Today under Obama: 9.9%

Cost of a gallon of gas:

Last year of Bush (as of July 2008): $4.12
Today under Obama (as of yesterday): $1.97

Uninsured rate:

Last year of Bush: 15.6%
Today under Obama (3rd Quarter of 2015): 11.6%

Teen Pregnancy rate per 1,000:

Last year of Bush: 34 per 1,000
Today under Obama (as of Dec 2014): 24 per 1,000

Iranian Centrifuges:

Last year of Bush: 19,000
Today under Obama (as of March 2015): 10,000

GDP growth:

Last year under Bush: -0.3%
Today under Obama: +3.7

Dow Jones Industrial Average:

Last year of Bush (January 20, 2009): 7,949.09
Today under Obama (as of yesterday): 16,516.22

What this graphic also leaves out is that we're $8 trillion in more debt since he took office. Obama has more than passed Bush in debt accrued in two terms in office. He has done well to cut the existing budget deficit by three quarters, but he has done nothing to address the nearly $19 trillion national debt we're already in. And it continues to grow.

Right now, our national debt is at 103% of our overall GDP. If it goes any higher the government will quickly get to the point where all of the money it gets has to be used to pay the interest on the debt. In other words, no money left to run critical government programs and agencies. In order to get people to continue to hold the debt you have to pay higher and higher interest rates and that leads to run away inflation.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

But here's what those Occupy Democrats aren't telling you. Let's go down the list:

First, the 5.1% unemployment rate. There are two types of indicators of unemployment in the US, the official (U3 unemployment) and actual (U6 unemployment):

As you can see, the U6 unemployment rate right now is 9.9%. The real truth of the matter is far worse than you are being led to believe.

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

The labor participation rate is the lowest it's been in almost 40 years, at 62.6 percent:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, 94,103,000 Americans are currently not in the workforce, not looking for work or intending to look for work. More people have left the workforce each year of Obama's presidency.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Beginning in the first full year of his term up until last month, 14 million Americans have left the workforce completely.

In all of Obama's term, nothing seems to have been done about anything regarding the economy or employment. A slew of factors led to the collapse, not specifically Bush. The U.S. economy is very complicated. Taking it to the point of collapse takes a great deal of cooperation. To say one person or thing was responsible for it is dishonest:

Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

The price of a gallon of gasoline

The cost per gallon of gas right now is about $1.97 a gallon. On January 19, 2009 (the last day Bush was in office) gas was $1.78 per gallon USD. The graphic only tells you what gas was right or around the time of the collapse, in July 2008 gas was 4.12 a gallon, but then sharply fell afterwards going into inauguration day.

ch.gaschart

The uninsured rate

It has in fact dropped. But don't expect that to last long. Obamacare is quickly disintegrating. The state co-ops, or the "non-profit" exchanges, offering a cheaper alternative government insured plan, are collapsing. Currently 11 of the 23 co-ops have collapsed. When the co-ops collapse, anyone on the plans offered by that co-op will be left without insurance. That could number in the thousands. The government made nearly $2 billion dollars in loans to startup insurers in the exchanges that it couldn't pay back, putting taxpayer money at risk. Even still, the co-ops manage to collapse, one by one.

ObamaCare’s Cascading Co-op Failures

Oil Imports

It is true we are importing less oil from abroad, but that has been in no way influenced by either Bush or Obama.

Bobby Scott: Low gas prices are the result of Obama policies

Teen Pregnancy

This statistic only goes to show you what happens when teenage girls a) show more abstinence regarding sexual intercourse, b) use birth control, or c) recognize the consequences of having an abortion. Another factor here is that abortion rates and pregnancy rates have been dropping since the 1990's. What bearing this has on a successful presidency I will never know.

Iran's Centrifuges

The Iran Nuclear treaty did get the country to reduce the number of centrifuges it had spinning. However, it blatantly violated the treaty by test firing short to mid range ballistic missiles. It doesn't matter how many centrifuges it has running. A breach is a breach. It is quite clear the treaty failed in its aim to tamp down Iran's nuclear ambitions:

Iran tests another mid-range ballistic missile in breach of UN resolutions | Fox News

America's GDP

As far as GDP growth is concerned, if you calculate the average GDP growth per quarter a president has been office, Bush averaged higher GDP growth per quarter in office than Obama has during his term:

Which Presidents Have Been Best for the Economy?

The Dow Jones

The movement of the Dow Jones Industrial Average can be affected by a number of things, such as the Federal Reserve Interest Rate, or the interest rate at which a depository institution lends funds maintained at the Federal Reserve to another depository institution overnight, which can cause gains or losses depending on whether the government raises the rate, lowers the rate or keeps it the same.

Another factor here is the world economy. While the US economy is the main stabilizing factor for the rest of the world's economies, it too is reliant on the stability of the worlds economies in turn. China right now is on the verge of a collapse. When China's economy goes, our markets will be adversely affected as well. No one president's policies can singlehandedly affect the movement of the stock market, though they can and will play a significant but equal role.

Final Thought

All in all, despite the many supposed achievements liberals will no doubt post in response to this thread in their defense of Obama, the reality is that America hasn't really changed much and if it has, it changed more in the sociopolitical area than anything else.

So what did Obama do for America during his term?

1. You fault Obama for not paying down the debt?

You're an idiot.

The national debt will always increase. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.
Wow. Please tell me this is a joke.
No joke, it's basic economics. If you don't believe me, how about reading this article from that "Commie rag", Forbes?

Everything the Hysterics Tell You About Budget Deficits Is Wrong

That's an opinion piece from Forbes...in other words it's someone's opinion, in fact the author is a Libertarian

Are we then saying to ourselves that the Democrats are very good at fixing a crisis, but once fixed can't get the economy back to where it needs to be when things return to normal?

Well, if we agree with that statement; and since every Democrat here tells us that things are good, no crisis is looming, then the logical conclusion is.............vote Republican this time around to get the boom back-)

So what did Obama do for America during his term?

would you and the demorat/libertards believe me when i tell you this irrefutable TRUTH??

Montage: 112 Unkept Promises from Earlier Obama SOTU Addresses
MONTAGE: 112 UNKEPT PROMISES FROM EARLIER OBAMA SOTU ADDRESSES.

i challenge any liberfool on this forum to dispute this list. :up:

Dispute a list that literrally includes that he "did not cure cancer "? Lol!!

The OP presented facts on objective criteria . The right responds wh opinions .

If you don't believe me, how about reading this article from that "Commie rag", Forbes?
The odds of Steve Forbes being a "Commie" are highly unlikely, faggot. Seek someone like Barack Obama for a closer comparo to an actual commie. Thanks.
Not too quick on the uptake, are you, Chef? Back to the kitchen where you belong. :laugh2:

The national debt will always increase. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.
No joke, it's basic economics. If you don't believe me, how about reading this article from that "Commie rag", Forbes? Everything the Hysterics Tell You About Budget Deficits Is Wrong
That's an opinion piece from Forbes...in other words it's someone's opinion, in fact the author is a Libertarian
Either it's right or wrong. You're just angry that you can't discount it out-of-hand, because it's not from HuffPo, MoveOn or the LSM.

Are we then saying to ourselves that the Democrats are very good at fixing a crisis, but once fixed can't get the economy back to where it needs to be when things return to normal?

Well, if we agree with that statement; and since every Democrat here tells us that things are good, no crisis is looming, then the logical conclusion is.............vote Republican this time around to get the boom back-)
NO!

VERY VERY BAD FOR OUR COUNTRY!

NO more fake bubbles and booms that republicans give us, only to BUST and kill all of our retirements, while shifting all wealth to the very wealthiest.

PLEASE think twice about what you are saying, FAKE manipulated BUBBLES to create a FAKE BOOM is bad for ALL OF US....on the right and left!!!!

NO!

VERY VERY BAD FOR OUR COUNTRY!

NO more fake bubbles and booms that republicans give us, only to BUST and kill all of our retirements, while shifting all wealth to the very wealthiest.

PLEASE think twice about what you are saying, FAKE manipulated BUBBLES to create a FAKE BOOM is bad for ALL OF US....on the right and left!!!!

Hmmm, didn't hear anyone complaining during at east 6 years of Reagan, and about 7 years of Clinton! That is about 13 years in a row if I am not mistaken. And if I remember correctly, the resulting downturn was mild afterwards............until 9-11 anyway. Bush 1 in the middle screwed it up. Clinton got it back on track, remember!

See, I am not going to sit here and proclaim that Bill Clinton's economy sucked, nor am I going to argue that it was the Republican congress. It was what it was, and kudos to all involved for making it happen. Same with Reagan, since for much of the time,(maybe all?) he had a Democratic congress. They did something interesting............they BALANCED their ideological wants with the needs of the country, and in the process, made things pretty damn good for all. Imagine if these 2 Presidents used their pen and phone where we would have been. IN THE TANK!

Who would have thunk it!

We have a wealth of $120 trillion and a debt of $19 trillion
At what point does debt become unmanageable

Now, I know you know the answer to that one RW. We have a bill of over 200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. That is what is actually screwing us.
That 200 trillion is Social Security and is fully funded over the next 50 years not today

The left wants you to take the last days of the Booooosh (as they call him) administration, then tell you how much better it is today. Ok, fair analogy! But, reasonable people should look at it differently.

At what point did the administration claim that the crisis was over, and we were on sound footing again? Was it Obama's 2nd or 3rd year? I really don't remember, so refresh my memory! In other words, the banking and economic crisis had past in the world according to them, and that is also, fair enough!

Now then, from that time in history, since there was no crisis, we were on firm ground, nothing magical had to happen, how has he done growing our economy?

TERRIBLE! Remember people, his own proclamation that everything was now fine, sinks him, because no extraordinary measures had to be taken from that point forward. All he had to do was do what all other Presidents did that succeeded in reviving an economy to get it booming again.

Check out the success of other Presidents when there WAS no banking crisis, as Obama insisted there wasn't at a certain point in time of his tenure. What they did, and their success rate, then look at Obama's success rate. AWFUL!

Let me give you an example of correlation to prove my point---------------> Country at war, that is why economy is NOT following historical path; war is a CRISIS.

War ends. A year later, economy should revert back to historical averages because crisis is no longer effecting its performance.

So, look what Obama's performance was after he proclaimed the crisis over! Insisting that Obama fixed a crisis that happened 8 years ago, but has under performed ever since by historical standards makes him a terrific President, is absurd, wouldn't you say!
Let me give you an example of correlation to prove my point-

Please.....don't.......you're an imbecile.......stop....

Forum List

Back