What does this accomplish?

Regurgitating crap from the media is a simplistic attack on peoples principles. People, more often than not, seek out that which validates their already held beliefs which basically means you have it backwards. The media (in this instance referring primarily to the pundits) regurgitate that which their viewer base tends to represent.

We know about the opposing party.
We saw their efforts in play during the anti Vietnam war protests.
We saw how they infiltrated, undermined, and eventually took over the Democratic Party's apparatus.
We have seen their tentacles reach into the media, whom the founders mistakenly envisionaged as truthful, unbiased, and the people defense, a bulwark against tyrrany, who now, along with their fellow collaborators and co conspirators in the Democratic Party seek to subvert the very mechanisms of this Democracy. We saw CBS and walter Cronkite aiding and abetting the anti war movement. We saw CBS, Dan Rather, and Mary Mapes produce the "fake but accurate" Texas Air National Guard Documents attempted hit piece against the campaign of George W Bush. We saw Obama's financial benefactor and mentor, George Soros make two separate economic attempts to take down John McCain's campaign against Barack Hussein Obama in 2008, the first an attempt to drive the price of a barrel of oil skyward, which imploded on the Democrats instead, and the second, Soros led coordinated effort making a run on the American Banking System that induced the bank panic that the country still suffers from today.
We are watching a country and an economy being inundated with tidal wave after tidal wave of rules, laws, and regulation that are designed to overburden and imprison the populace underneath.
We are simply trying to take our country back from imprisonment against overwhelming odds.

The main thing I have learned from seven years of participation in Internet political message board discussion is not at all what I came here for. I came here because as I was twirling my car radio dial in the spring of 2004, I chanced upon Sean Hannity. I paused to listen and came away amazed. I joined his Web site discussion forum that night. I went there to take on the kind of thinking that Hannity expressed in the radio show I had listened to.

I had no idea that I would come away with a realization of what comprises today's Republican. I won't go into what I think that is, but let me just say that I sincerely hope that there are Republicans out there who are not like the vast majority of those from the Right who post on boards such as this. I would like to think there are.

What drove you to seek out this discussion board or others like it? Did you come here to listen or to speak? To help or to hurt? I came here hoping to find some productive discussion about the issues facing our country, and instead found a microcosm of all that is wrong with it: we, as a country, have allowed our thoughts to be replaced by rhetoric.

Let us all agree that our views could be improved, the other party are not all idiots, and a completely Republican or Democrat America would be a worse one. If you disagree, you are not a true American, you are a facist. Look it up.

This is a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it we must, lest we become yet another example of a country destroyed from within by political bickering. Those of us who are not facists need to grow up, listen up, and own up instead of regurgitating crap from MSNBC or FOX. These discussion boards and those who care enough about our nation to participate in them are the last best chance we have at transcending the deepening rift ruining our country.

Heres a thought. Read about the opposing party. Understand it has its own strengths. Listen instead of speak. Stop posting one-sided questions as topics: it is as ignorant as it is unproductive. Participate in discussions to help, leave out the childish commentary intended to hurt. Use that squishy thing in your head to come up with solutions instead of using rhetoric to whine.

The internet is the only place we have left to discuss these issues plainly. This is the last place where a discussion can take place between Republican and Democrat without being had through pundits, politicians and the half-truths with which they speak. I believe that any well informed citizen can do the job of a politician as well, if not better than the politicians themselves. With the internet, with discussion boards like this and with people like you, we can prove once and for all that politicians are, at best, the secrataries to the collective voice of its people. I would love to see the Washington elite humbled by creative solutions yeilded through the anonymous collaboration of thousands, the guru's best ideas elementary in comparison. It can happen, it will happen, but only if we find the wisdom to admit error, the maturity to resist gloating, and the patience to understand one another.

This isn't a pep-talk, it's the game-plan. It's my two cents for the cure for a crumbling nation, it's not perfect, but there's not a person out there who can say it's not worth a shot. It's not genius, it is simple, and I believe it to be true. Optimistic, maybe, but optimism, like truth, is viral.

If you've read this all, thankyou. If you disagree, leave some feedback why, suggestions for improvement. If you agree, do your best to share it, to make it yours and live it, remembering is not enough.

You are wasting your breath on all but a handful on here.
Most are blindly partisan parrots.

:lmao: But you're not one of them, right? :lol:

blindly partisan? Nope.

What drove you to seek out this discussion board or others like it? Did you come here to listen or to speak? To help or to hurt? I came here hoping to find some productive discussion about the issues facing our country, and instead found a microcosm of all that is wrong with it: we, as a country, have allowed our thoughts to be replaced by rhetoric.

Let us all agree that our views could be improved, the other party are not all idiots, and a completely Republican or Democrat America would be a worse one. If you disagree, you are not a true American, you are a facist. Look it up.

This is a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it we must, lest we become yet another example of a country destroyed from within by political bickering. Those of us who are not facists need to grow up, listen up, and own up instead of regurgitating crap from MSNBC or FOX. These discussion boards and those who care enough about our nation to participate in them are the last best chance we have at transcending the deepening rift ruining our country.

Heres a thought. Read about the opposing party. Understand it has its own strengths. Listen instead of speak. Stop posting one-sided questions as topics: it is as ignorant as it is unproductive. Participate in discussions to help, leave out the childish commentary intended to hurt. Use that squishy thing in your head to come up with solutions instead of using rhetoric to whine.

The internet is the only place we have left to discuss these issues plainly. This is the last place where a discussion can take place between Republican and Democrat without being had through pundits, politicians and the half-truths with which they speak. I believe that any well informed citizen can do the job of a politician as well, if not better than the politicians themselves. With the internet, with discussion boards like this and with people like you, we can prove once and for all that politicians are, at best, the secrataries to the collective voice of its people. I would love to see the Washington elite humbled by creative solutions yeilded through the anonymous collaboration of thousands, the guru's best ideas elementary in comparison. It can happen, it will happen, but only if we find the wisdom to admit error, the maturity to resist gloating, and the patience to understand one another.

This isn't a pep-talk, it's the game-plan. It's my two cents for the cure for a crumbling nation, it's not perfect, but there's not a person out there who can say it's not worth a shot. It's not genius, it is simple, and I believe it to be true. Optimistic, maybe, but optimism, like truth, is viral.

If you've read this all, thankyou. If you disagree, leave some feedback why, suggestions for improvement. If you agree, do your best to share it, to make it yours and live it, remembering is not enough.

You've been listening to the rhetoric and believing it to be true. If the Republican and the Democratic parties were "just alike", you might have a point. The difference is the Republican Party is 90% white, mostly Christian and they are based in the Confederate south. The party is a party with a "fringe" on top. They are ruled by the most radical right wing elements in the country. They are against everything that makes this country great. They are against:
Diversity
Personal freedom
Fairness
Equality
Education
Science

Then you look at the Democratic Party. The only similarity is both parties have a white majority. But look closely at the Democratic Party. Among those whites are gays, feminists, atheists, college professors, teachers, scientists and also Christians and poor and rich. Everyone who isn't welcome in the Republican Party. Then you also have Muslims, Hindus, blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans, and many other groups including Union Members.

Now, Republicans will say, "Oh, but we welcome the gays". Then you look at the fact Republicans want a constitutional amendment to make sure gays will never get equal rights. If you look at individual Republican State Party Platforms, you might get some fairness in the Blue States, but then you have a state like Texas. They want to make gay marriage a felony and reinstate laws targeting gays. I only bring up the gays because Republicans have targeted the gays many times to drum up support for the GOP base which pretty much says it all. Then you look at the last year. Republicans have targeted at one time or another Muslims, Hispanics among others, and back to the gays.

I'm sure you spent some time thinking out your post. But with this "new" information, perhaps it's time to "review" your position.

The main thing I have learned from seven years of participation in Internet political message board discussion is not at all what I came here for. I came here because as I was twirling my car radio dial in the spring of 2004, I chanced upon Sean Hannity. I paused to listen and came away amazed. I joined his Web site discussion forum that night. I went there to take on the kind of thinking that Hannity expressed in the radio show I had listened to.

I had no idea that I would come away with a realization of what comprises today's Republican. I won't go into what I think that is, but let me just say that I sincerely hope that there are Republicans out there who are not like the vast majority of those from the Right who post on boards such as this. I would like to think there are.

We were a party of ideas and values. Now? The same only different is what I keep thinking. We look like the other side only different some how. We are fighting ourselves with the rise of, "the national mean beanies". Tea Party.

I came here ( The Forums), because I posted a blog about free trade being a political descision. Then it was made into an issue about the great & pure capitialisim and elevated to the most noble and high purpose of our federated republican experience. Unseating Human Rights and democracy.
Now they say it can give the world democracy and free people of all nations and make us more free and this the land of milk & honey by giving us all cheap dishwashers .
Well the more things change the more they stay the same I reckon.

Last edited:

Go fuck yourself

Go fuck yourself

Frank, Frank, Frank . . . I was just getting set to give you a thanks, a pos rep and a favorable reply comment on your post just above this one and then I saw this one.

You see, it's stuff like you have said here that is exactly what I am talking about. Yesterday's Republicans would never have told anyone to go fuck themselves. The Republicans of the 1950's were good, gentle people who genuinely wanted to create a society that was acceptable to live in - for everyone. I was a registered Republican from 1958 until 1991 when I could no longer stand what the Republican party has turned into.

You guys are always talking about learning from the past. It seems to me today's Republicans should take a page out of their own book and return to the standards, mores and manners they adhered to in the 1950's.

Last edited:

Perhaps you don't understand the underlying philosophical apriority and the structure of classical liberalism, my friend. In that case you might not appreciate the rhyme and the reason of the conclusions.

Just saying.

Forum List

Back