What do Black Police say about this?

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Ok, we've read plenty of alt right stormfront nonsense. What do Black Police say about this?

Black police chiefs express anger and dismay as they try to change their departments from within

Arelis Hernández, Scott Wilson
1591519755861.png

The day that George Floyd’s cries for his mother reverberated across the country, Chief William T. Riley III walked up to a group of his officers discussing the horror they had seen.

“You know, chief, we already know if anything like that happened with us, we wouldn’t have a job,” one officer said.

Riley, a black police chief who was hired to transform the force in Inkster, Mich., after the suburban Detroit city settled a police brutality lawsuit in 2015, had trouble hiding his delight. But he remained firm.

“You are right,” Riley said. “Not only would you not have a job, you’d be locked up.”

Ok, we've read plenty of alt right stormfront nonsense. What do Black Police say about this?

Black police chiefs express anger and dismay as they try to change their departments from within

View attachment 346937

The day that George Floyd’s cries for his mother reverberated across the country, Chief William T. Riley III walked up to a group of his officers discussing the horror they had seen.

“You know, chief, we already know if anything like that happened with us, we wouldn’t have a job,” one officer said.

Riley, a black police chief who was hired to transform the force in Inkster, Mich., after the suburban Detroit city settled a police brutality lawsuit in 2015, had trouble hiding his delight. But he remained firm.

“You are right,” Riley said. “Not only would you not have a job, you’d be locked up.”

Always the same from you liars.

Progressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

6c. attack your rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia

17. Fox News/ Alex Jones/ Brietbart/ Infowars/ Stormfront/ Gateway/ Hannity/ Rush

18. You can’t read.

19. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!

20. Science denier! But men can menstruate and have babies.

In any major American city, a Chief of Police, black, white, or other, is, primarily, a creature of local politics.

I'm more concerned to know what police officers on the line have to say about this.
If these were white cops you would listen to every word. The police chiefs have been on the streets so your excuse is invalid.

View attachment 346937

More black cops is not the answer here...more training, more community policing, etc is not the answer....the answer is clear.....every police department in this country know gotdamn well the rotten to the core cops they have on their force...they have the complaints, the data, the proof and they do nothing about it....UNTIL THESE DEPARTMENTS HAND THESE BASTARDS, JOB APPLICATIONS FOR ANOTHER LINE OF WORK, BLACK PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO BE ABUSED. JUST GET RID OF THESE MOTHERFUCKERS, END OF FUCKIN STORY!! WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND BEING A FUCKIN COP IS JUST A DAMN JOB....YOU DON'T LIKE IT, FIND ANOTHER GOTDAMN JOB, ITS THAT SIMPLE!! and from where I live and stand, black cops are no more better or worse than white cops...they don't live around us, most are married to white people, most don't give a damn about the community....those that do are filled with sugar water and candy...worthless

If these were white cops you would listen to every word.

I listen to all cops. However, Chiefs of Police, regardless of color, are very far from being cops, if they ever were. It's the views of cops on the line, regardless of color, that are most relevant to me.

You seem to have it in your mind that I, and millions just like me, see the color of a persons face before we listen to that person's words. Nothing could be more ridiculous.

I'm not going to try and dissuade you from your beliefs. They are heartfelt and beliefs are personal. I just feel sorry that your polarizing world view keeps you from hearing a lot of very valid opinions.

If these were white cops you would listen to every word.

I listen to all cops. However, Chiefs of Police, regardless of color, are very far from being cops, if they ever were. It's the views of cops on the line, regardless of color, that are most relevant to me.

You seem to have it in your mind that I, and millions just like me, see the color of a persons face before we listen to that person's words. Nothing could be more ridiculous.

I'm not going to try and dissuade you from your beliefs. They are heartfelt and beliefs are personal. I just feel sorry that your polarizing world view keeps you from hearing a lot of very valid opinions.
Don't give me that colorblind bullshit. Ok? That's a le you can't tell a black child. Police chiefs did not start off behind a desk. Especially police chiefs of color. They know what's happening on the streets because they have been there. And drop the cop out because my world view is just fine. I've worked and continue to work with people of all races. But what I have learned in places like this is it is the white racist who always talks about how they don't look at skin color.

I said what I did to you based on your opinion relative to issues of race that I have read from you since I got here, so don't start that whining about looking at somebody's color. It is those like you who are polarizing.

My guess is that their opinions are not monolithic.
Monolithic opinion or not, they all have faced white racism.
That makes it even MORE interesting. Different people, skin color irrelevant, react differently to different stimuli.
Why is it that people want to discuss a problem created because of skin color without considering skin color? That's like trying to solve a weight issue without considering food.

That makes it even MORE interesting. Different people, skin color irrelevant, react differently to different stimuli.
Why is it that people want to discuss a problem created because of skin color without considering skin color? That's like trying to solve a weight issue without considering food.
It was a general comment. I'd be very interested to see what black cops from around the country think about this. 30, 40, 50 of them from different areas. Put 'em all in a room and let 'em go.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

More importantly, in order to remain in good standing with their overwhelmingly White, male colleagues, they need to cover up institutional racism in the police, and the wrongdoing and brutality of racists in particular. That's why very few Black, rank and file police actually speak up, and that's why even Black chiefs talk very cautiously about racism and brutality within their ranks. And that's why police unions usually go along at best, and mostly stand behind even the most egregious examples of police racism. In a way, police need to have each others' back if push comes to shove - you plainly don't screw the one whom you would rely upon to save your life the next day, even if he needed screwing more than anything else. That also makes the whole problem more or less unsolvable.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

View attachment 346937

More black cops is not the answer here...more training, more community policing, etc is not the answer....the answer is clear.....every police department in this country know gotdamn well the rotten to the core cops they have on their force...they have the complaints, the data, the proof and they do nothing about it....UNTIL THESE DEPARTMENTS HAND THESE BASTARDS, JOB APPLICATIONS FOR ANOTHER LINE OF WORK, BLACK PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO BE ABUSED. JUST GET RID OF THESE MOTHERFUCKERS, END OF FUCKIN STORY!! WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND BEING A FUCKIN COP IS JUST A DAMN JOB....YOU DON'T LIKE IT, FIND ANOTHER GOTDAMN JOB, ITS THAT SIMPLE!! and from where I live and stand, black cops are no more better or worse than white cops...they don't live around us, most are married to white people, most don't give a damn about the community....those that do are filled with sugar water and candy...worthless
I understand your opinion but not all black cops fit that description. However, far, far too many do. And we do need to get rid of the bad ones no matter what the look like.

It was a general comment. I'd be very interested to see what black cops from around the country think about this. 30, 40, 50 of them from different areas. Put 'em all in a room and let 'em go.
I do agree with you on this one.

In any major American city, a Chief of Police, black, white, or other, is, primarily, a creature of local politics.

I'm more concerned to know what police officers on the line have to say about this.
If these were white cops you would listen to every word. The police chiefs have been on the streets so your excuse is invalid.
Maybe the problem is the black Police Chiefs themselves.

More importantly, in order to remain in good standing with their overwhelmingly White, male colleagues, they need to cover up institutional racism in the police, and the wrongdoing and brutality of racists in particular. That's why very few Black, rank and file police actually speak up, and that's why even Black chiefs talk very cautiously about racism and brutality within their ranks. And that's why police unions usually go along at best, and mostly stand behind even the most egregious examples of police racism. In a way, police need to have each others' back if push comes to shove - you plainly don't screw the one whom you would rely upon to save your life the next day, even if he needed screwing more than anything else. That also makes the whole problem more or less unsolvable.

Police have been known to take out cops who try getting rid of the bad ones. Frank Serpico is a real person. And there are a lot more.

Maybe the problem is the black Police Chiefs themselves.
You gotta figure a racist would make this statement.

Forum List

Back