What are YOU doing to help stop terror?

Not that SUVs have anything to do with terrorism, but you would ban them for what reason?

You're no more conservative than Porky Pig - you just go with whatever flow you hope will protect you when you open your face and say something stupid.

Feeding money into countries which educate their children to be terrorists in madrassas or which then funnel money to terrorist organizations undermines our ability to take on terrorists. Removing money from those countries by breaking our dependence on OPEC oil is very much a security issue.

Y'all would rather defend SUVs than talk about how to keep the US safer from terror?

What kind of Americans are you? You should be ashamed.

I might ask just WHO you might presume to be making such a judgement? There really isn't a whole Hell of a lot one CAN do individually to combat terrrorism, unless you're suggesting a return to McCarthyism.

Do you honestly believe, in the scenario YOU described, you would have the wherewithall to react to a terrorist "running down your street" in time to stop him?

You would have to be able to immediately recognize who and what he was, and have immediate and ready access to a means of stopping him -- a firearm would be best -- and then score a lethal hit with your first shot. This would also require that you be reconning your street rather than parking yourself in front of the tube or PC.

I might ask just WHO you might presume to be making such a judgement? There really isn't a whole Hell of a lot one CAN do individually to combat terrrorism, unless you're suggesting a return to McCarthyism.

Do you honestly believe, in the scenario YOU described, you would have the wherewithall to react to a terrorist "running down your street" in time to stop him?

You would have to be able to immediately recognize who and what he was, and have immediate and ready access to a means of stopping him -- a firearm would be best -- and then score a lethal hit with your first shot. This would also require that you be reconning your street rather than parking yourself in front of the tube or PC.
Hey, I appreciate your trying to keep this thread on topic.

It's the snot-nosed, whiney-ass SUV-lovers who should be ashamed. ;)

Feeding money into countries which educate their children to be terrorists in madrassas or which then funnel money to terrorist organizations undermines our ability to take on terrorists. Removing money from those countries by breaking our dependence on OPEC oil is very much a security issue.

Then why not tell the tree huggers to shut up - allow the oil companied to drill where they need to for oil - let the oil companies build new refineries - and we can buy less foreign oil

I don't really have a problem with any of the above. (None of which has squat to do with McCarthyism, of course.)

Keep the firearms away from the felons and the insane, and I'm all for John and Jane Public learning how to handle them properly.

I have a problem, in relying honest reporting of what's going on in Iraq or Afghanistan. Truth is, I believe we will truly screw the brave in both, for the greater 'good' of the winning. Fuck those that tried to defeat tyranny. Let freedom, IE kiss ass, win.

I have a problem, in relying honest reporting of what's going on in Iraq or Afghanistan. Truth is, I believe we will truly screw the brave in both, for the greater 'good' of the winning. Fuck those that tried to defeat tyranny. Let freedom, IE kiss ass, win.
Okay, I read that several times in different sittings, and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say. :confused:

Well, I'm sure that God can and is intrigued by the whole thing... :eusa_angel:

I don't really have a problem with any of the above. (None of which has squat to do with McCarthyism, of course.)

Keep the firearms away from the felons and the insane, and I'm all for John and Jane Public learning how to handle them properly.

My comment on McCarthyism concerns just about ANY means of preemptive action. Someone points a finger and the accused has to PROVE he isn't a terrorist. Otherwise, the only way you're going to preempt it is through sheer luck.

No answer I see. "We should all stop using Arab oil" BUT damn it do not use nuclear either.... That about cover your opinion?

If we could use it without creating a biohazard I'm all for it if it would get us independent from Arab oil. That solves two problems:

One, the obvious, is our independence from Arab oil.

Two, a viable alternative makes the only reason Arabs have any importance or leverage in the world go away, and they slime back into unimportant.

If we could use it without creating a biohazard I'm all for it if it would get us independent from Arab oil. That solves two problems:

One, the obvious, is our independence from Arab oil.

Two, a viable alternative makes the only reason Arabs have any importance or leverage in the world go away, and they slime back into unimportant.

The safety record of even the old plants used in the US is impressive. And the safety features are getting better and better. The only catastraphic plant failure was in Russia on a design with almost NO safety features. I believe that only 2 people have ever died in the US due to a problem with a reactor, they died a LONG time ago in Idaho at a Navy plant as I recall.

Or Al Gore and his 5 homes, private jet use, and limos?

Libs love to tell the rest of us how to cut back our energy use - but ignore their own lectures
Much like the rightwads who tell us that we shouldn't have sex education in schools - but then say that the Bible, which is full of juicy sex scenes, is great reading at any age.

Forum List

Back