What American Accent Do You Have?

Ahahhahaha... I've never been to Philadelphia in my life!
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

85%
The South

80%
The Midland

76%
The Northeast

56%
The Inland North

31%
Boston

22%
The West

0%
North Central

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
That must be a screwed up quiz. I need to look for another. I have taken them that were on spot..

I didn't take the quiz but I know I have a midwestern accent. We called it "pop" in Ohio and when I moved to Md. they called it "soda". The cool kids called it "Coke". Old people called it "soft drinks" (I hated that term).

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

100%

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

73%
Philadelphia

70%
The Inland North

69%
The South

52%
The Northeast

49%
The West

31%
Boston

29%
North Central

I grew up in Detroit but I have lived in one of the areas they mentioned since graduating from college so 100% for The Midland sounds about right.

Before I take the quiz, I will say when I am up north (northern MD and north) I'm told I sound Southern.
When I'm south (NC and south) I'm told I sound Northern.

Time for the quiz.....

I lived in Maryland until I was 25
I lived in Virginia ever since.
My family all grew up in New York.

Your Result: The Northeast
77%

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

This summer, it will be 20 years that I have lived here in east Tennessee so a southern accent is what I have.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My accent is not as extreme as the one that so many other people here have though.

Your Result: The Northeast

100%

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

87%
Philadelphia

85%
The Inland North

60%
The Midland

54%
The South

44%
Boston

18%
The West