CDZ We're being used.

Last year was the year of the versus. Us verses them. Men verses women. Black verses white. Cops verses black. Religious liberty verses government control... etc...

So far, this seems to be the year of manipulation. We have republicans manipulating the base with a letter to Iran. We have democrats manipulating their base by pretending that the left has never done anything comparable or worse. We have Hillary Clinton manipulating emails and the press manipulating facts. We now have a coward shooting two Ferguson officers to manipulate racial unrest. The press manipulates while the press is being manipulated by cowards, politicians and other agenda driven ghouls.

We are chess pieces being moved by anger and anxiety.

The easiest way to gain control is not to fix the cracks in our society but to widen those cracks, build a podium on the debris and then scream about fixing those cracks. It's a circular destruction that solves nothing.

Being governed by a disconnected and self serving Washington is like living next to a crack house. You will be robbed eventually. I am referring to both Republicans and Democrats. A pox of both houses.

Calm reasoned voices are needed. Solutions must override passions and the individual must be valued, not demonized and destroyed for the sake of political convenience.

One things seems clear. Our Republic is being remodeled by corrupt and incompetent "carpenters" using inferior products to give the illusion of a sturdy structure. Of course, the press will report on the status of the newly refurbished porch as the rest of the house is crumbling down.

True that is John. But it's not new; both manipulation and versusing have been used from time immoral, indeed the latter is a subset of the former. And we could delve into myriad, copious aspects of these in politics, in culture, in media.

You are right on the money noting that calm reasoned voices are needed. To that end I'd like to humbly offer this thought:

1760.gif

The USA is the same in many ways today as 200 years ago. Problems and opportunities arise and change, but humanity stays the same.

Agree with the OP but on exception............they can only use us if we let them. We are being lied to? Yes. By both sides. Being played? Yes. But they can't "use" us as their pawns unless we allow them to.

They have learned masterfully how to isolate us from having any power. And they have done this through their media and political rules to keep good candidates from having a chance.

We have to stop believing that we must follow their rules. We can make the rules! And force them to follow our rules.

I would really like to see regular town hall meetings start to recur across America where everyone in a municipality, township, city, etc. is encouraged to attend and take part in discussions of local, state, and national problems. Citizens need to take and interest in their own governance! And I am not talking about meetings called by an elected representative. These meetings should be open and allow anyone to say their peace.

I fully agree. People believe that voting in a National Election makes a difference. I suppose to some small degree it may. However, the ONLY way to have REAL change in our Political System, and Government is to BEGIN at the local level and work up. Begin by electing local: City, County leaders who believe in our principles of Government, and support them, help them move up. Continue this process election cycle after election cycle, and as they move up, replace them with like minded individuals. This is the only way we will ever have real change............in my opinion.

We have met the enemy and he is us. Politicians act the way they do because it is how they get elected. Your fellow Americans are ignorant fools who care more about shopping or watching a football game than the future of their country. The paradox of representative government is that those who truly represent the public are unable to govern.

Considering the degree to which this very forum is populated by partisan hacks regurgitating the approved talking points as if it were gospel, I would say we are doing it to ourselves.

Until people free themselves from the notion that politics is tribe, they will be nothing but foot soldiers for somebody else's agenda.

We should be referring to IDEAS in terms of liberal, conservative and whatnot rather than people. Those who play the infantile game of cowboys and indians by forever pointing their finger at the bad guys are part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

The whole system of politics is to deceive and lead, what's new? You are either going to lead, follow or get the hell out of the whey...

Last year was the year of the versus. Us verses them. Men verses women. Black verses white. Cops verses black. Religious liberty verses government control... etc...

So far, this seems to be the year of manipulation. We have republicans manipulating the base with a letter to Iran. We have democrats manipulating their base by pretending that the left has never done anything comparable or worse. We have Hillary Clinton manipulating emails and the press manipulating facts. We now have a coward shooting two Ferguson officers to manipulate racial unrest. The press manipulates while the press is being manipulated by cowards, politicians and other agenda driven ghouls.

We are chess pieces being moved by anger and anxiety.

The easiest way to gain control is not to fix the cracks in our society but to widen those cracks, build a podium on the debris and then scream about fixing those cracks. It's a circular destruction that solves nothing.

Being governed by a disconnected and self serving Washington is like living next to a crack house. You will be robbed eventually. I am referring to both Republicans and Democrats. A pox of both houses.

Calm reasoned voices are needed. Solutions must override passions and the individual must be valued, not demonized and destroyed for the sake of political convenience.

One things seems clear. Our Republic is being remodeled by corrupt and incompetent "carpenters" using inferior products to give the illusion of a sturdy structure. Of course, the press will report on the status of the newly refurbished porch as the rest of the house is crumbling down.
There is nothing new in any of this.

There is nothing new under the sun as regards human nature and what we do to each other. Your feeling that things are worse then before reminds me of this:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only." ~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Hillary-2016-99551548597.png

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is our problem. Millions of people support her without any idea of what she stands for.

Hillary-2016-99551548597.png

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is our problem. Millions of people support her without any idea of what she stands for.

We're only given two choices, both picked by billionaires, and the republican heavy supreme court carved that in stone with citizens united ruling Still, if anyone will do something for the little guy now and then it will be a democrat. So Hillary has my vote, although I'd really like to see Bernie Sanders as President, with Alan Grayson as Attorney General, and Elizabeth Warren to head the Federal Reserve.

I haven't witnessed such a display of what shows all the characteristics of teenaged angst in a long time.

I believe yes we are cock roaches but what is troubling is this government does not get better with time and experience rather it insists on being further and further divided knowing this is perhaps the single most damaging thing that can happen to a democracy. When debate no longer is a pillar of our laws then it is over. The childish name calling on both sides is what my parents scolded me not to do. The Fact that our elected officials do not make any effort to make themselves appear to hold any qualities of leadership says it all.

if anyone will do something for the little guy now and then it will be a democrat. So Hillary has my vote, although I'd really like to see Bernie Sanders as President, with Alan Grayson as Attorney General, and Elizabeth Warren to head the Federal Reserve.

Perfect example of us-vs-them mentality.

Forum List

Back