Welp.....pretty much knew it was going to happen.

well look who got fucked....from texas

No big deal.
Like I said,we have insurance for these things. And as I said it was expected.
And being retired I dont have to worry about taking off work.
And considering this'll only be the second time in 55 years that I've had to deal with broken pipes.....
I bet you're really happy about all those poor blacks and mexicans that cant afford to deal with these type problems.

We have burst pipes in the attic.
Waiting to see how the pool plumbing fares. Fully expect some problems there as well.
And as expected you cant get through to a plumber to save your life,thank God for insurance.
At least we have plenty of drinking water and pool water to flush the shitter.
I know the feeling well, our pipes burst seven years ago--took five months to get back to normal--Sure was glad we had insurance. Good luck.

Waiting to see how the pool plumbing fares. Fully expect some problems there as well.
And as expected you cant get through to a plumber to save your life,thank God for insurance.
I know the feeling well, our pipes burst seven years ago--took five months to get back to normal--Sure was glad we had insurance. Good luck.

I'd bet 80% of the city if not more have plumbing problems at this point.
They dont build for this kinda weather down here.

I'd bet 80% of the city if not more have plumbing problems at this point.
They dont build for this kinda weather down here.
Yeah, I grew up in the deserts of TX, NM and AZ--they insulate for hot not cold. I remember having to run the tap for a few minutes to get water cool enough to drink in the summers.

i dont care about people who say fuck yall i am from texas...fuck them....as for the people struggling to stay warm and all i feel deeply for them and the animals that will die.....but do not expect me to feel for someone with that in their siggy...he was proud of it before.....i dont think i have to be all over giving him empathy or perhaps i am simply giving here...the empathy he deserves

no you are upset that i am telling him to fuck off....and giving him zero empathy

I'm not upset at all. I am just surprised that you of all people would show this level of contempt for the people who are suffering. You and I are political opposites, but I would never say "tough shit" to you if you were to suffer any sort of problem. In fact if you look back I have always been very empathetic to any problems you have, and have offered advice on how to deal with more than one of them over the years here.

I have never allowed my politics to change how I deal with people.

i dont care about people who say fuck yall i am from texas...fuck them....as for the people struggling to stay warm and all i feel deeply for them and the animals that will die.....but do not expect me to feel for someone with that in their siggy...he was proud of it before.....i dont think i have to be all over giving him empathy or perhaps i am simply giving here...the empathy he deserves

Fuck OFF!!!
I take care of my problems with no assistance from anyone I haven't paid.
If you somehow think i'll be hurt by this you're wrong,it's an inconvenience nothing more.
After hearing of your family problems I feel happy I dont have to deal with your shitty life you constantly complain about.

After 2 VERY cold days and one VERY cold night, our power finally came back on, and the wife and I are no longer freezing our asses off in the house (San Antonio). Apparently we still have some wintry shit to come tonight and tomorrow night though. I don't need to go this shit again, thank you. And those of you who believe in global warming, you may stick your GW BS up you know where.

Gas and power prices have spiked across the central U.S. while Texas regulators ordered rolling blackouts Monday as an Arctic blast has frozen wind turbines. Herein is the paradox of the left’s climate agenda: The less we use fossil fuels, the more we need them.

A mix of ice and snow swept across the country this weekend as temperatures plunged below zero in the upper Midwest and into the teens in Houston. Cold snaps happen—the U.S. also experienced a Polar Vortex in 2019—as do heat waves. Yet the power grid is becoming less reliable due to growing reliance on wind and solar, which can’t provide power 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

While Texas is normally awash in gas and oil, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which oversees the state’s wholesale power market, urged residents this weekend to conserve power to avoid power outages. Regulators rationed gas for commercial and industrial uses to ensure fuel for power plants and household heating.

Texas’s energy emergency could last all week as the weather is forecast to remain frigid. “My understanding is, the wind turbines are all frozen,” Public Utility Commission Chairman DeAnn Walker said Friday. “We are working already to try and ensure we have enough power but it’s taken a lot of coordination.”

Our prayers are with Texas today, after millions in the Lone Star state have found themselves without power amid freak winter weather. The unusually cold temperatures have led to widespread power outages, in part because windmills and other forms of much-lauded “green” energy froze and failed.

“My understanding is, the wind turbines are all frozen,” said Public Utility Commission Chairman DeAnn Walker.

“Coal and nuclear are the most reliable sources of power,” the Wall Street Journal editorial board argues. “But competition from heavily subsidized wind power and inexpensive natural gas, combined with stricter emissions regulation, has caused coal’s share of Texas’s electricity to plunge by more than half in a decade to 18%.”

“Liberals claim that prices of renewables and fossil fuels are now comparable, which may be true due to subsidies, but they are no free lunch, as this week’s energy emergency shows,” the Journal concludes.

Last edited:
i dont care about people who say fuck yall i am from texas...fuck them....as for the people struggling to stay warm and all i feel deeply for them and the animals that will die.....but do not expect me to feel for someone with that in
typical asshole....says shit but when he gets shit back he whines....

their siggy...he was proud of it before.....i dont think i have to be all over giving him empathy or perhaps i am simply giving here...the empathy he deserves
[/QUOTE

Who's whining ya old hag?
I am able to financially deal with this with zero problems and I expected it to happen.

After 2 VERY cold days and one VERY cold night, our power finally came back on, and the wife and I are no longer freezing our asses off in the house (San Antonio). Apparently we still have some wintry shit to come tomorrow night though. I don't need to go this shit again, thank you. And those of you who believe in global warming, you may stick your GW BS up you know where.

Our power never went off thank God!!
Stay warm.

Forum List

Back