Well, I think it's going to be Perry vs. Romney

It's always amusing when Democrats pretend to be political analysts and can wisely predict who Republicans will vote for (of course, this is a respite from their typical mockery and judgment).

Romney's not going to win the nomination simply because he's not going to get the states that reliably vote Republican. The South sees Romney as an upper-crust, New England Republican (which is basically what he is). Democrats disgruntled with Obama may show up to vote for him, but he'll have the same issue McCain had in rallying the base writ-large and getting donations.

The problem is, of course, is that the nomination is fought in all states. Super Tuesday consists of a bunch of blue states that will probably not go Republican in November, 2012, but they will help pick the candidate. That's how the GOP got stuck with McCain last time. (That and they really didn't have anyone better running.)

Now where it might get interesting is will Democrats vote in Republican primaries this time. Why not? They aren't going to have a nominating fight.

this is how I see this 2012 election.

Obama running on a empty record.

the GOP running on pure stupidity and dogma.

which is worse, yikes.

this is how I see this 2012 election.

Obama running on a empty record.

the GOP running on pure stupidity and dogma.

which is worse, yikes.

[ A situation where a guy got a half a million votes less, but only won because his brother was governor of a key state and pulled all sorts of shennanigans to eek out a razor thin win, well, that's nuts.

LOL @ the bitter little lefty. It was over a decade ago. Get the fuck over it! And try studying some history and maybe it will eventually get into your pea-brain why we have an electoral college.

[

And this is before the MSM and the Obama campaign get about reminding us all of Romney's "Weird" (read MORMON) aspects, which they are just itching to do after he secures the nomination.

Remember when they say "Weird", they'll mean Mormon. Not that those words aren't pretty much interchangeable.

This is before it comes down to two candidates and one is your guy with a sackload of failures on his back and unemployment above 8%.

Remember, when I say "bigot" I mean hateful little fuckers like you.

[ A situation where a guy got a half a million votes less, but only won because his brother was governor of a key state and pulled all sorts of shennanigans to eek out a razor thin win, well, that's nuts.

LOL @ the bitter little lefty. It was over a decade ago. Get the fuck over it! And try studying some history and maybe it will eventually get into your pea-brain why we have an electoral college.

Im sure the Cuban vote had nothing to do with the loss in floriduh back then.

:eusa_whistle:

We have an electoral college because the Founding Slave-rapists really didn't trust democracy and thought the franchise should only be held by white, male landowners. Really, less than 10% of the population. We've evolved beyond that.

Or, maybe not so much. Despite the fact I acknowledge the reality that Bush really lost the election (i.e. the popular vote, the only one that should count) the choice between Bush and Gore was really a choice between two privilaged sons who have nothing in common with the rest of us. These guys never got dirt under their fingernails and never knew the problems of having to pay monthly bills.

For me, I don't really mourn the loss, but I do note it. The GOP's main problem is that it is seen as the political arm of the big corporations that are screwing Joe Sixpack. (The reality is, the Democrats have sold out just about as much, they just aren't as obvious about it.) As a result, even with truly horrible candidates, they WON four of the last five popular votes. And the only one that they won in the last five cycles is where they had everything going in the right direction- an incumbant, a war that wasn't unpopular yet, an okay economy, a weak Democratic opponent who didn't fight back. And with all the wind at their backs, Bush won legit in 2004- with a little less than 51% of the vote.

(The last time an incumbant won by that thin of a margin was 1916!)

But if you guys have your way, you'll nominate another guy who can't tell you how many mansions he owns, because he's lost count. And you'll wonder why he fails to connect.

Take a look at the polls I cited on Romney vs. Obama. Obama beats him 7 out of nine. With this fouled up economy, the GOP should be walking all over Obama at this point. But they aren't. None of them are. Perry might be able to close the gap when people know him better, but Romney is about as good as he's gonna get.

The ironic thing is, the GOP used to nominate guys of humble origin- Reagan, Ford, Nixon, Eisenhower- who never forgot where they came from.

But it's Mitt Romney's "turn". That's the important thing.

Im sure the Cuban vote had nothing to do with the loss in floriduh back then.

:eusa_whistle:

I'm sure the thousands of black folks Jeb purged from the rolls had nothing to do with it, either.

[

And this is before the MSM and the Obama campaign get about reminding us all of Romney's "Weird" (read MORMON) aspects, which they are just itching to do after he secures the nomination.

Remember when they say "Weird", they'll mean Mormon. Not that those words aren't pretty much interchangeable.

This is before it comes down to two candidates and one is your guy with a sackload of failures on his back and unemployment above 8%.

Remember, when I say "bigot" I mean hateful little fuckers like you.

Yeah, that's the way to win people over to your guy. Scream at them that they are "bigots" because they don't think God talks through Child Molestors. What a totall convincing argument you are making.

22% won't vote for a Mormon. Including 18% of Republicans and 19% of Independents. Screaming "BIGOT" at them isn't going to change that. It won't matter what the unemployment rate is, at that point. The GOP has a hard enough time because a lot of people rightfully suspect they will put the interests of the guys who lay you off over the guys you work with.

And Romney not only looks like the guy who lays you off, as Huckabee once observed, he is the guy who laid a lot of people off.

Oh, yeah, and his religion is nuts.

[

We have an electoral college because the Founding Slave-rapists really didn't trust democracy and thought the franchise should only be held by white, male landowners. .

WRONG, you ignorant liberal. Get your filthy, bigoted ass back in school.

[

But if you guys have your way, you'll nominate another guy who can't tell you how many mansions he owns, because he's lost count. And you'll wonder why he fails to connect. .

Shove your phoney class-warfare up your bigoted ass, democrat.

[ I acknowledge the reality that Bush really lost the election .

NO, he didn't, ya dopey democrat. Get the fuck over it.

United States presidential election, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al Gore- 50,999,897
George W. Bush - 50,456,002

More people voted for Al Gore.

Sorry, that's just the way it was. It may not be what you like, but it is the truth.

Bush won because the courts stopped the recounts, and because we have this bizarre 18th century system of selecting presidents that frankly, the rest of the world laughs at.

[

Yeah, that's the way to win people over to your guy. Scream at them that they are "bigots" .

You ARE a bigot. You have demonstrated it beyond a reasonable doubt. Do you really think I want to "win over" some flaming lefty democat who is a shameless, filthy bigot? You just need to know what you are and anyone reading needs to know it.

If you have nothing left but repeating the talking points you were given before starting your 'assignment' on this forum, then STFU because it's getting old.

[Bush won .

Yes he did, so you can stop with the pissing and moaning already. Your boy Gore lost the election. You democrats are gonna have to get over it or your shrink is going to become quite rich indeed.

[

But if you guys have your way, you'll nominate another guy who can't tell you how many mansions he owns, because he's lost count. And you'll wonder why he fails to connect. .

Shove your phoney class-warfare up your bigoted ass, democrat.

Wow, buddy, you've become completely unbalanced...
I'm not sure if I should even keep baiting you because you are really getting bent out of shape and have lost the ability to reason.

It isn't a matter of "class warfare". It's a matter of practicality. 45% will always vote Republican, and 45% will always vote Democrat. The election is won by the 10% in the middle who vote for who they can feel a real connection too. Or as Karl Rove once observed, the guy they'd like to have a beer with.

I'd like to have a beer with Rick Perry. Mitt Romney doesn't even drink beer, because his cult forbids him from doing so.

Romney is stiff and robotic and comes off like one of those boring corporate types who can tell you all about annueities and loss ratios and stuff, but he's never gotten dirt under his fingernails in his life.

I was going to commment how fucking stupid the OP is, but here,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pMeyy__r0]Richie Havens Woodstock Excellent - YouTube[/ame]

Only Ten Years After played better.

However, righting fanatics declares a jihad on me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back