Well here's an interesting vaccine fact

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
According to this study it reduces overall mortality. That's right, you are less likely to die of anything, not just covid, if you're fully vaccinated. You unvaccinated folks are dying at three times the rate we intelligent, science believing vaccinated people are.

5s2tjr.jpg

According to this study it reduces overall mortality. That's right, you are less likely to die of anything, not just covid, if you're fully vaccinated. You unvaccinated folks are dying at three times the rate we intelligent, science believing vaccinated people are.

View attachment 557180
Sounds good to me. I plan to get a 3rd shot in mid/late Nov or early/mid Dec.

Why do you think that is?
I dunno. The linked piece points out a similar effect with flu shots and suggests they protect against more than what they were specifically designed to. I would speculate that folks health conscious enough to get vaccinated probably are just generally more careful of their well being. But there are no conclusions either way.

As someone who's fully vaxxed (and happy with my decision) these stories on both sides are just utter horseshit.

There's nothing credible in any of them. They're almost always on alternative media outlets, opinion blogs or stories taken right out of context to be used to politically point-score.

Get the jag or don't. Both are legitimate decisions to make - but stop boring everyone to tears and trying to force whatever side your on onto others.

View attachment 557180
Yeah...well...but if you think it through the types that reject the science were probably more likely to die early anyway...COVID or no COVID.

I dunno. The linked piece points out a similar effect with flu shots and suggests they protect against more than what they were specifically designed to. I would speculate that folks health conscious enough to get vaccinated probably are just generally more careful of their well being. But there are no conclusions either way.
Maybe cooperative people that listen to what people tell them and go to get vaccines on average tend to be less reckless, impulsive and disagreeable, which will probably lead to less death. The answer seems pretty obvious to me.

As someone who's fully vaxxed (and happy with my decision) these stories on both sides are just utter horseshit.

There's nothing credible in any of them. They're almost always on alternative media outlets, opinion blogs or stories taken right out of context to be used to politically point-score.

Get the jag or don't. Both are legitimate decisions to make - but stop boring everyone to tears and trying to force whatever side your on onto others.
This is statistics, not a story. Facts, not anecdotes.

Maybe cooperative people that listen to what people tell them and go to get vaccines on average tend to be less reckless, impulsive and disagreeable people, which will probably lead to less death. The answer seems pretty obvious to me.
Very possible.

Very possible.
Which obviously would mean this doesn't really apply at an individual level. You individually are not actually going to be less likely to die of random things unrelated to Covid if you go to get your shot. lol It can just kind of look that way because of behavior patterns among large groups of people. Agreeable people that listen to the rules are going to take less risks and be more even-tempered in general. That is likely what actually makes you less likely to die of random things unrelated to Covid.

Last edited:
You almost gotta laugh that elderly people and others who die from various ailments like cancer end up on the Covid list if they test positive for it while they re dying. Sure, chalk it up to covid when they die and pretend that the jab cures cancer while they are alive. Sad freaking crazy lefties.

Which obviously would mean this doesn't really apply at an individual level. You are not actually going to be less likely to die of random things unrelated to Covid if you go to get your shot. lol It can just kind of look that way because of behavior patterns among large groups of people. Agreeable people that listen to the rules are going to take less risks and be more even-tempered in general. That is likely what actually makes you less likely to die of random things unrelated to Covid.
The statistics actually say just that. You are actually 3 times more likely to die of something if you didn't get the shot

You almost gotta laugh that elderly people and others who die from various ailments like cancer end up on the Covid list if they test positive for it while they re dying. Sure, chalk it up to covid when they die and pretend that the jab cures cancer while they are alive. Sad freaking crazy lefties.
You don't die from COVID.
You die from complications caused by COVID.

Forum List

Back