Weird, But I'm Not Surprised

Liberals are capable of just as much ridigity and intolerance, Modbert. Ever spend a long plane ride seated beside a tree hugger or a PETA freak?

I was a whole lot more convinced of the righteousness of all my POVs at 19 than I am now.

I'd agree, most people who hate GLBT people are "conservative" or think they are...but not all conservatives share those values.

And I never said all conservatives share those values either. I have no inclination to sit next to a rabid tree hugger or someone who is rabid for a terrible organization like PETA on a plane for long hours on end while they rant about whatever.

Did you say ''most''?

What a fucking idiotic reply... Talk about fucking bullshit...

The vast majority of conservatives on this site don't give a flying fuck what homosexuals do or how they live their lives... That doesn't mean they agree with it, but they don't want them to stop being gay, you asshat...

Someday you'll grow up... PM me when you think it might happen, you troll....

What evidence do you cite? Was there a poll taken and I missed it? Least I was honest enough to accurately say many and not try to make claims by pulling them out of my ass.

Only one trolling here is Annie and now yourself. Seems whenever I call out Annie out on her bullshit, you aren't far behind with some snarky reply instead of a real response.

Another "troll"? Really?

Dude...

BTW, I'm one of those Conservatives that doesn't give two shits if someone's gay, so long as they're gay in their own home, and not mine.

Did you say ''most''?

The only time I've used most is when describing the poll numbers from gallup. Otherwise I've used the words many or some. I've also said the words as a whole when describing the dishonesty of supposedly Conservatives now all being tolerant of homosexuals.

Despite House's dishonesty, I never used the words all when describing conservatives.

That's a mighty big accusation there. You have proof?

Oh and to the contrary, I find House and Annie quite honest. Who stirred your nest?

You mean all those state gay marriage propositions were cut down by liberals? well colour me blind...:cool:

I think Modbert is being honest.

Despite what Del says, at the end of the day, most conservatives are religious, pro gun, anti abortion, anti gay rights. Not all for sure, but splashing out an op-ed piece on a messageboard and trying to give off that this is the 'conservative norm' is many things, but 'honest' ain't one of them.

I'm sure I can find a liberal who is anti-abortion, but I would suggest to you, they are not the norm for that political persuasion...

The OP is a strawman...

at the end of the day, i very much doubt that someone in new zealand knows a whole lot about american conservatives who don't post on messageboards.

Did you say ''most''?

The only time I've used most is when describing the poll numbers from gallup. Otherwise I've used the words many or some. I've also said the words as a whole when describing the dishonesty of supposedly Conservatives now all being tolerant of homosexuals.

Despite House's dishonesty, I never used the words all when describing conservatives.

You did say that conservatives could talk, 'maybe', when the majority thought such and such.

You are not the bastion of free thought. You also have a nasty tendency to jump on things I post and call me a troll. Not nice and really creepy.

The vast majority of conservatives on this site don't give a flying fuck what homosexuals do or how they live their lives... That doesn't mean they agree with it, but they don't want them to stop being gay, you asshat...

What evidence do you cite? Was there a poll taken and I missed it? Least I was honest enough to accurately say many and not try to make claims by pulling them out of my ass.

Only one trolling here is Annie and now yourself. Seems whenever I call out Annie out on her bullshit, you aren't far behind with some snarky reply instead of a real response.

So, anyone who disagrees with the MODMORON is a troll? Good show.

Many Republicans, mostly social values folks, are indeed intolerant of the GLT population. To say anything else reflects either monumental ignorance or outright malignity. Having said that, even here toleration and some acceptance grow every year. We have American Sunni Muslims supporting Republicans here, and we have several outspoken gay GOP supporters as well.

This is a good thing, and some day the social values conservatives will learn to practice the 2nd Great Commandment.

republicans =/= conservatives.

social conservatives are to conservatism as ice cream is to a duck.

:thup:

Did you say ''most''?

Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing...but didn't it say 36%?? That is hardly most..and then again I wasn't polled....so that poll can't speak for me.

'' supposedly Conservatives now all being tolerant of homosexuals.''

What does that mean? You saying they/we are lying?

You may not agree with them, but, again I find House AND Annie honest.

You did say that conservatives could talk, 'maybe', when the majority thought such and such.

You are not the bastion of free thought. You also have a nasty tendency to jump on things I post and call me a troll. Not nice and really creepy.

I'm more than willing to have a open dialogue about this. You're the one who rather sling mud and accuse me of things we both know that are untrue.

You seem to be suggesting that anyone who cares about GLBT people's rights has to be a Democrat, Modbert. Why must sexual freedom and overspending be intextricably linked?

Wrong assumption on your part. I'm suggesting that saying Conservatives as a whole are all of a sudden tolerant of homosexuals is bullshit and someone needs to call it as it really is.

Yeah right. The late great state of Califonication voted no to gay marriage. A state that is liberal all the way.

So, anyone who disagrees with the MODMORON is a troll? Good show.

I maybe sensitive, but seems he really does load that accusation for me. In this case, I posted an op-ed and he went meltdown. He could simply have disagreed, but nope, went personal once again.

Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing...but didn't it say 36%?? That is hardly most..and then again I wasn't polled....so that poll can't speak for me.

I'm saying that the OP's statement that Conservatives are essentially more tolerant than Liberals on GLBT issues is bullshit. Simple as that.

New study shows party, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age drove vote on Prop. 8 | National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

The study found that four factors — party identification, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age — drove the “yes” vote for Proposition 8. For example, more than 70 percent of voters who were Republican, identified themselves as conservative, or who attended religious services at least weekly supported Proposition 8. Conversely, 70 percent or more of voters who were Democrat, identified themselves as liberal, or who rarely attended religious services opposed the measure. More than two-thirds (67 percent) of voters 65 or older supported Proposition 8, while majorities under 65 opposed it.

There are three “holdout” groups where voting patterns have not changed: Republicans, conservatives, and those 65 and older. The largest gain — up 16 percent — was among voters 45-64 years of age, followed by a 13 percent increase among voters 18-29.

Take that as you will.

Everyone is off but you. All bloggers, op-eds-here and abroad, posters. Only Modbert is reasonable. Right, dude. It's getting tiresome, you're trolling.

Nice misrepresentation of what I believe. Can you be honest for one post? It isn't that terribly difficult to actually try to have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you for you is it?

Especially when you call them a troll. Nice show.

republicans =/= conservatives.

social conservatives are to conservatism as ice cream is to a duck.

:thup:

Mmm, ice cream.

$drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Moddikins... You DO realize that most Conservatives ARE tolerant of homosexuals.. The one's that really are NOT are so far right wing it's just as spooky as the far left wingers...

Surely even you can tell the difference?

I'm saying that the OP's statement that Conservatives are essentially more tolerant than Liberals on GLBT issues is bullshit. Simple as that.

New study shows party, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age drove vote on Prop. 8 | National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

The study found that four factors — party identification, ideology, frequency of religious service attendance and age — drove the “yes” vote for Proposition 8. For example, more than 70 percent of voters who were Republican, identified themselves as conservative, or who attended religious services at least weekly supported Proposition 8. Conversely, 70 percent or more of voters who were Democrat, identified themselves as liberal, or who rarely attended religious services opposed the measure. More than two-thirds (67 percent) of voters 65 or older supported Proposition 8, while majorities under 65 opposed it.

There are three “holdout” groups where voting patterns have not changed: Republicans, conservatives, and those 65 and older. The largest gain — up 16 percent — was among voters 45-64 years of age, followed by a 13 percent increase among voters 18-29.

Take that as you will.

Yet, none of that is what you posted with, until now. You are the one who's made it personal. You are the one trolling. I've no idea of your problem, but I'm more than tired of it, which I do believe I've made clear.

Forum List

Back