Wednesday, 9/2/15 show topics: Pre-discuss them, here.

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
This Wednesday, we will be primarily focused on Money's Influence on people.

Our secondary topic if we get to it: Technology's influence on people.

Please, feel free to leave info, thoughts/tidbits here.

-Hi Def Society
Dyce, GT, Lone & Sammy

hideff.jpg

how-to-make-money-online.jpg

walter-white-money.jpg

money_quote.jpg

money5.jpg

Posts off topic and inflammatory in nature will be deleted. Please stick to the topic, because we as hosts need to weed through this thread if posters would like their thoughts heard and we're not sifting through b.s.

Save b.s. for the Taunting Arena.

About the technology (cell phones in particular) - being a couple that attends MANY sporting events, it's amazing how many people there are glued to their phones.

It's EXPENSIVE to go to a ball game (especially if you eat/drink there) - yet, they are on the phone....

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I think that a long discussion about how portable devices, equipped with quick access to social media, have changed many people's lives, imo, not for the better, would be a good discussion

Alone, the instances of car deaths due to texting while driving is pretty damned scary.

And the number of extra-marital affairs / declarations of divorce, etc, that happen over social media, is pretty damned astounding.

It's as if people think that portable devices have the answers to life's questions in them....

...and it's as if people throw common sense completely out the window when they are dealing with their portables.

Not to mention the legal ramifications of doing stuff that can, at some point in the future, be used in court proceedings for some reason.

• Thanks
Not to mention the rapid increase of identity theft and exposure for both individuals and businesses.

I think over-all it has been a negative. But it deserves deep discussion.

• Thanks
behavioral-approach-24-728.jpg

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is the very basic level of money's influence on people. I mention this for two reasons. The first is that at a very basic level people that exert all of their mental and physical energy trying to obtain physiological needs are in survival mode. They can't Kant or Gauguin or pursue any interests, reflect on the state of affairs of the world, etc.

The second reason is that this is the line of attack used to instill fear via political propaganda and essentially money's influence on people.

TECHNOLOGY -----
(1) Human advancement
(2) Expanding man's understanding
(3) Replacing the burden of task
(4) Tremendous advancements in communication
(5) Reducing cost
(6) Tremendous advancements in Transportation
(7) Work time reduction
(8) Tremendous advancement in medicine and health care
(9) Responsible for automation and innovation
(10) Tremendous advancements in energy development, energy exploration, and energy conservation
(11) Discovery and development of synthetic materials
(12) Responsible for modernizing armies and providing security
(13) Tremendous advancements in all disciplines of entertainment
(14) Tremendous advancements in residential and commercial construction
(15) Tremendous advancements in food production, preservation, and preparation
(16) Responsible for instrumental study of our environment, climate, and the quality of air and water

MONEY'S INFLUENCE ON PEOPLE -----
(1) Greed
(2) Corruption
(3) Determines lifestyles and activities
(4) Power
(5) Influence
(6) Enables and provides the ability to help others
(7) Enables people to realize ambitions and dreams
(8) Determines economic and social status
(9) Causes jealousy and envy
(10) Causes marriage, family, and relationship problems

People who think money dossnt buy happiness never had any.

Discuss that.

Fyi - LoneLaugher will be administering a trivia between 2 random callers....

And whoever wins will win $25 of bobby stein's money

So Wed won't just be a hangout?

If I call in this time, LoneLaugher don't be breathing heavy and asking me what I'm wearing. Pervert.

As for the topic, money is the root of all evil. That is true.

But what kind of world would we have if we did what some of these silly liberals seem to want and just let everyone have whatever for free?

So Wed won't just be a hangout?

If I call in this time, LoneLaugher don't be breathing heavy and asking me what I'm wearing. Pervert.

As for the topic, money is the root of all evil. That is true.

But what kind of world would we have if we did what some of these silly liberals seem to want and just let everyone have whatever for free?
Thanks for the insights on topic sir.

no wednesday is the permenant real show time now. BTR does a lot better for traffic...probably cuz it doesnt interfere with football or family or what have you

Fyi - LoneLaugher will be administering a trivia between 2 random callers....

And whoever wins will win $25 of bobby stein's money
Who's bobby stein?
Oh the name was fiction, my bad Paulie.

Lol or yours
Just wondering because stein sounds like a Jewish last name, in which case good luck getting the winnings :thup:
Win ben steins money was a tv show...my name is bob...

It was a dorky hehe joke. I will shower 2x

Sunday is still a ways off but ...

... the current forecast shows West at 16 from 11am through sunset.

Ill bring my Falcon in case its blown out for the Condor.

Forum List

Back