Water Pipe Power

Sounds interesting but they dont give any info on how much is generated and when I goog Lucid power almost nothing comes up..... may be fake for all I can find out.
Portland Just Installed Water Pipes That Generate Electricity True Activist

Awesome!

Most water supply is gravity fed so it makes perfect sense to use it drive generators.

FYI the water supply in my house and many others is measured using a similar device. The pipe contains a rotor with attached magnets. As it spins the magnets induce a current that turns the meter outside the pipe.

The principle here could be similar but the article doesn't specify how it actually works.

City water is pumped not gravity flow, maybe in Roman days but today putting in a restriction to make power would cost power.

Maybe if pumped to a water tower then when water is used it generates electricity that might have some pay back. But even then people might be bitchin' about low water pressure.

Just put a turbine in the local river that would be simpler.

City water is pumped not gravity flow, maybe in Roman days but today putting in a restriction to make power would cost power.

Maybe if pumped to a water tower then when water is used it generates electricity that might have some pay back. But even then people might be bitchin' about low water pressure.

Just put a turbine in the local river that would be simpler.

Portland is probably supplied from mountain reservoirs. So is much of LA.

The Bull Run Resevoir, Porland's main source of water, is at over 4000 ft elevation. Portland is at 50 ft to 500 ft. That is quite a lot of energy. A gallon of water, 8 lbs, has
8 lbs x 32 ft/second ^2, x 4000+ ft, That is a lot of work.

The Bull Run Resevoir, Porland's main source of water, is at over 4000 ft elevation. Portland is at 50 ft to 500 ft. That is quite a lot of energy. A gallon of water, 8 lbs, has
8 lbs x 32 ft/second ^2, x 4000+ ft, That is a lot of work.

If that be the case then yes it does seem doable. But it is hardly new technology only a good application of what we have.

Forum List

Back