Watch 'Mulan' with your kid, wind up in prison? What will Arizona lawmakers think of next?

I gotta admit, I did not think this one through...and neither did the Arizona GOP, apparently:

The Arizona Legislature on Tuesday hit a new high in the hysteria over that most critical and horrifying of dangers that threaten our children.
Yep, they’re going after the drag queens again, only this time they’re also going after parents.
Senate Bill 1698 would criminalize anyone who exposes a child to a drag performance.
Take your daughter to see “Hairspray” and, by my read of the bill, you’d be guilty of a class 4 felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison. You’d also have to register as a sex offender.

Bills would limit drag shows

This bill is brought to you by Sen. Justine Wadsack, R-Tucson, a member of the Arizona Freedom Caucus.
Freedom, that is, unless you allow your child to watch “Mulan,” in which case you’d be guilty of a “dangerous crime against children” if said child is under the age of 15.
I realize there’s political gold these days in demonizing drag but isn’t this just a tad … I don’t know … full-on, flat-out bonkers?

Republican Sen. John Kavanagh of Fountain Hills wants to bar state-funded drag shows for kids (SB 1026). Never mind that not even Kavanagh can point to any state-funded drag shows for kids
Republican Sen. Anthony Kern of Glendale wants to ensure that no drag performances occur within a quarter mile of a day care center, school, playground, park, house or church (SB 1028). He also wants to prevent drag performances between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday through Saturday and between 1 a.m. and noon on Sunday (SB 1030).
The bill defines drag as any performance in which one or more people dress as a member of the opposite sex “to exaggerate gender signifiers and roles (and) engage in singing, dancing or a monologue or skit in order to entertain an audience of two or more people.”
So “Mulan,” the story of a fearless young Chinese woman who impersonates a male soldier to defend her homeland?
“Hairspray,” the musical in which spunky Tracy Turnblad’s mother is played by John Travolta?
That’s criminal behavior, if a parent allows a child to see it.

It also would be a crime to expose your child to Robin Williams (“Mrs. Doubtfire”), Dustin Hoffman (“Tootsie”), Julie Andrews (“Victor/Victoria”), Tom Hanks (“Bosom Buddies”), Martin Lawrence (“Big Momma’s House”) or Jamie Farr (M.A.S.H.)
There was a comedy a few years back called "White Chicks". Black male actors dressed up as WHITE WOMEN !!
I am guessing that would be a no no on many levels ?

Total bullshit as usual.
1af5ab3da54443d41356ca2fbdce787f.gif

I gotta admit, I did not think this one through...and neither did the Arizona GOP, apparently:

The Arizona Legislature on Tuesday hit a new high in the hysteria over that most critical and horrifying of dangers that threaten our children.
Yep, they’re going after the drag queens again, only this time they’re also going after parents.
Senate Bill 1698 would criminalize anyone who exposes a child to a drag performance.
Take your daughter to see “Hairspray” and, by my read of the bill, you’d be guilty of a class 4 felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison. You’d also have to register as a sex offender.

This bill is brought to you by Sen. Justine Wadsack, R-Tucson, a member of the Arizona Freedom Caucus.
Freedom, that is, unless you allow your child to watch “Mulan,” in which case you’d be guilty of a “dangerous crime against children” if said child is under the age of 15.
I realize there’s political gold these days in demonizing drag but isn’t this just a tad … I don’t know … full-on, flat-out bonkers?

Republican Sen. John Kavanagh of Fountain Hills wants to bar state-funded drag shows for kids (SB 1026). Never mind that not even Kavanagh can point to any state-funded drag shows for kids
Republican Sen. Anthony Kern of Glendale wants to ensure that no drag performances occur within a quarter mile of a day care center, school, playground, park, house or church (SB 1028). He also wants to prevent drag performances between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday through Saturday and between 1 a.m. and noon on Sunday (SB 1030).
The bill defines drag as any performance in which one or more people dress as a member of the opposite sex “to exaggerate gender signifiers and roles (and) engage in singing, dancing or a monologue or skit in order to entertain an audience of two or more people.”
So “Mulan,” the story of a fearless young Chinese woman who impersonates a male soldier to defend her homeland?
“Hairspray,” the musical in which spunky Tracy Turnblad’s mother is played by John Travolta?

It also would be a crime to expose your child to Robin Williams (“Mrs. Doubtfire”), Dustin Hoffman (“Tootsie”), Julie Andrews (“Victor/Victoria”), Tom Hanks (“Bosom Buddies”), Martin Lawrence (“Big Momma’s House”) or Jamie Farr (M.A.S.H.)
Not to mention Bugs Bunny

1679770966034.jpeg
1679770976980.jpeg

You are pure evil. Republicans do the devil's work.
The people who are empowered can be excessive and are. Police seem to not learn and are abusive. Those who are that deserve retribution and death. However, there are great officers also. They circle the wagons to their own detriment and need to stop it.

Hogan's Heroes has a episode where Hogan and several of his men dress up as women. Several other episodes feature men dressing as women. In a Tom and Jerry cartoon, Tom dresses as a woman. Will these become illegal to show your children? They know nothing about freedom.

Its difficult to impress common sense on libs who havent got any

Adult oriented drag shows are a far cry from movies with adult oriented content.

Thats why theres a fucking RATING SYSTEM for movies.

Drag shows need to be kept to bars, nightclubs, and performance shows in auditoriums for adult entertainment.
If parents don't want kids watching certain movies, then DON'T TAKE THEM TO SEE IT!

Adult oriented drag shows are a far cry from movies with adult oriented content.

Thats why theres a fucking RATING SYSTEM for movies.

Okay, but Mulan was rated G and was designed for kids. And its main character is a woman who dresses like a man. (The movie also has a scene at the end where three men dress as women to get passed some guards.)

Drag shows need to be kept to bars, nightclubs, and performance shows in auditoriums for adult entertainment.
If parents don't want kids watching certain movies, then DON'T TAKE THEM TO SEE IT!

And no one is dragging kids to see drag shows (no pun intended).

Forum List

Back