Washington Post runs correction admitting it ‘misquoted’ Trump in Georgia election story

See, that's why a lot of us trust them. They correct themselves when they make a mistake.

They knew it was a lie. Then the Wall Street Journal got a copy of the actual tape and they had no choice.

And NBC News "confirmed" the original story. How'd they do that? LOL As did other "news" outlets.
I'd like to think they didn't purposely lie. I'm guessing the other media that shared it talked to the same source, who told them the same thing? Not the best source, then, for direct quotes.

Everyone realizes this is just to distract from what T**** was up to on that call, which is being investigated using his actual words. It's much more fun to whine that WaPo reported two words inaccurately, then corrected it.

So it sounds like Washington Post didn't have the actual recording but was instead relying on 2nd hand information. When they heard the actual recording, they printed a correction.

Wow. No wonder you guys are in a state and calling it "fake news" - you have no idea what to think when a news source acts responsibly. It's simply not part of a lexicon developed from the rightwing media.

Not nearly the headline grabber though is it. It was, as so many WaPo and other headlines have been, about Trump, that is, fake news.

It took them two months to do this.

The Washington Post admitted in a correction that it had “misquoted” former President Donald Trump telling Georgia’s top elections investigator “to find the fraud,” in December.

The correction ran atop an online version of the updated original story that had quoted an anonymous source about a phone call Trump made to Georgia’s top elections investigation official shortly before Christmas.

“Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source,” the correction published Thursday began.

“Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now.'”

See, that's why a lot of us trust them. They correct themselves when they make a mistake.

Only after the harm they intended was done...come on OL....

They printed what a second hand source told them. They should be more careful about putting words in people's mouths, I agree. But I don't see a whole lot of difference in the meaning, either way.

Yeah, it is always a second hand source, instead of proper journalism where reporters actually go out and report "FACTS". This is why the Lame Stream Media is the 5th column instead of the 4th estate. Fuck em all, when the shooting starts.

Not nearly the headline grabber though is it. It was, as so many WaPo and other headlines have been, about Trump, that is, fake news.

The Washington Post admitted in a correction that it had “misquoted” former President Donald Trump telling Georgia’s top elections investigator “to find the fraud,” in December.

The correction ran atop an online version of the updated original story that had quoted an anonymous source about a phone call Trump made to Georgia’s top elections investigation official shortly before Christmas.

“Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source,” the correction published Thursday began.

“Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now.'”

They printed what a second hand source told them. They should be more careful about putting words in people's mouths, I agree. But I don't see a whole lot of difference in the meaning, either way.

Yeah, it is always a second hand source, instead of proper journalism where reporters actually go out and report "FACTS". This is why the Lame Stream Media is the 5th column instead of the 4th estate. Fuck em all, when the shooting starts.

Like who?

So it sounds like Washington Post didn't have the actual recording but was instead relying on 2nd hand information. When they heard the actual recording, they printed a correction.

Wow. No wonder you guys are in a state and calling it "fake news" - you have no idea what to think when a news source acts responsibly. It's simply not part of a lexicon developed from the rightwing media.
They didn't...we know that....they ran with a fake story from a "unnamed source" to run propaganda and a lie about trump....they've been doing it for years now, and once again got caught

They should have just doubled down and admitted nothing like conservative news does.

Like who?

Fuck off and die, all of them......

They didn't...we know that....they ran with a fake story from a "unnamed source" to run propaganda and a lie about trump....they've been doing it for years now, and once again got caught

Story wasn't fake. The actual recording doesn't differ substantially from what was reported. You guys make mountains out of molehills.

I don't think it was responsible to do the story without evidence. I guess we'll just have to disagree about that... o.0

I don't think it was responsible to do the story without evidence. I guess we'll just have to disagree about that... o.0

:dunno:

What level of evidence do you require for a story? It's not a courtroom...and the story wasn't way off but they did the responsible thing and printed corrections.

Somehow...that is "bad".

What level of evidence do you require for a story? It's not a courtroom...and the story wasn't way off but they did the responsible thing and printed corrections.

Somehow...that is "bad".
I would require more than hearsay. Like... The actual evidence.

Edit: This is LITERALLY what is wrong with politics. The news went to shit. They don't care about informing people of things that matter, they care about clicks and views. Who cares if the story is "correct" or "factual"... You are free to eat that up if you like.

Our vote counts the same right? If that's what you want it to be... Vote that way.

Last edited:

Story wasn't fake. The actual recording doesn't differ substantially from what was reported. You guys make mountains out of molehills.
Bull shit, reporting is supposed to be first hand, not some "I heard it through the grape vine". You know, you really are a progressive slave, who must bow to your masters or else you might not get your $1,400.

Now assume the position so your masters can beat you some more.
Thank You Sir May I Have Another - YouTube

I don't think it was responsible to do the stories about election fraud without evidence. I guess you we'll just have to disagree about that...

Somehow...that is "bad".
You are as much a dick as Harry Reid. You fuckers have no honor, no integrity, and no morals...

Harry Reid isn’t sorry about attacks on Romney over taxes - YouTube

I don't think it was responsible to do the stories about election fraud without evidence. I guess you we'll just have to disagree about that...
There is evidence. There just isn't proof.

Edit: That was good though... ;)

Somehow...that is "bad".
You are as much a dick as Harry Reid. You fuckers have no honor, no integrity, and no morals...

Harry Reid isn’t sorry about attacks on Romney over taxes - YouTube

:blowpop:

:right:

Bull shit, reporting is supposed to be first hand, not some "I heard it through the grape vine". You know, you really are a progressive slave, who must bow to your masters or else you might not get your $1,400.

I take it you're returning your $1400?

There is evidence. There just isn't proof.

Edit: That was good though... ;)
yeah, they got the results they wanted, even if it proved that the Lame Stream Media is hated by most of the Citizens of this country. The good ole white supremacists of the Democrat party sure did fuck everyone equally. How is your gas prices today? Not hurting enough, it will be over $3.00 soon...

I take it you're returning your $1400?
Not at all, i make too much money to get $1,400. Just last quarter i got over $90,000...in long term dividends...

Forum List

Back