Warning: Gravity is "Only a Theory"

Science is purely a subject that tries to describe your surroundings. These are called Scientific Theories. No matter how set in stone you think something is, it's prone to change over the years to come.
You‘re staggering around because you‘er explaining it incorrectly. Science isn’t just a subject. It’s a way of doing literally, every major activity where verifiable results are importat. SCIENCE IS A METHODOLOGY.
Every military, manufacturer, lawyer and major retailer, economist, engineer, medical practitioner, FARMER , INDUSTRIALIST and economist uses science. Politicians should all The time.

For example, the most advanced law degree is a SCIENCE degree. BS in college is for “bachelor of science” and applies to EVERY SUBJECT, even the arts.

Last edited:
Seriously ? Are you kidding ? MODERN BIOLOGY IS BASED UPON EVOLUTION THEORY WORK. You have to be kidding. Every thing you normally buy in a grocery store, is genetically engineered.

At Every hospital most treatments you get from vaccines to cancer treatments to control of infections are founded in genetic engineering..

Geesus, the covid vaccine works on altering the dna of the virus. Computer science can use algorythyms originally designed for DNA mapping for other purposes .

You now have a life expectancy that is doubled by our knowledge of EVOLUTION that would not have happened otherwise.

There may not be a farmer in the United States that doesn’t use genetic engineered seeds . The fking common milk cow and today’s steer were fking bred into existence by evolutionary related studies.

TELL US AGAIN HOW THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IS NOT TESTED AND VERIFIED IN OUR LIVES EVERY DAY.
That you have sunk so low as to comparing sentience with plant life speaks volumes.

But still all theories.

Just saw an article in the news that they found a metal that does not obey the law of known physics. The reason being, all the 'set in stone' science laws are still just theories.
#30th posting for me?

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
By John Rennie - July 1, 2002
Editor-in-Chief, Scientific American
[.....]
1. Evolution is only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.

Many people learned in Elementary School that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty -- above a mere hypothesis but below a law.
Scientists do NOT use the terms that way, however.
According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a Scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature.
So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution -- or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter -- they are NOT expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the Fact of evolution."..."

`

Last edited:
But still all theories.

Just saw an article in the news that they found a metal that does not obey the law of known physics. The reason being, all the 'set in stone' science laws are still just theories.
You’re confused because you go through life misusing the word “ theory” when you should be using the word “ hypothesis”.
Ted Williams developed the Science if Hitting. It’s based upon a Theory in Hitting a thrown baseball. It has stood the test of time because many trials and lots of evidence by real scientist have “ agreed .”
Some coaches use these ideas, some don‘t. The ones that don’t, have no where near the results as those who do. That’s how science works. People are more successful using it instead of making up shit.

That you have sunk so low as to comparing sentience with plant life speaks volumes.
You’re not a scientist or are science literate are you ?
If you want to speak volumes about science . , at least look up the word “science” in a dictionary.

You’re confused because you go through life misusing the word “ theory” when you should be using the word “ hypothesis”.
Ted Williams developed the Science if Hitting. It’s based upon a Theory in Hitting a thrown baseball. It has stood the test of time because many trials and lots of evidence by real scientist have “ agreed .”
Some coaches use these ideas, some don‘t. The ones that don’t, have no where near the results as those who do. That’s how science works. People are more successful using it instead of making up shit.
Uneducated people, especially Creationists, use the common, casual, and less important definition of 'theory' instead of looking up the definition of 'Scientific Theory.'
The latter not your take on whose going to win the super bowl.

`

Why are belittling the word ” Theory” in science.
In science, NOTHING becomes a theory until it’s been agreed upon by an overwhelming number of science INSTITUTIONS using consensus using accumulated evidrnce and trials by all participating scientists after decades, and sometimes centuries. WTF are you saying ?

You talk like any butt head can wake up, invent an idea and call it a theory in science. Nope, scientist make a hypothesis first. Your post Is totally devoid of science awareness.
WTF am I saying? Doesn't matter if E=mc2 and umpteen billion agree with it, it's a theory, and one day in the future, it will get expanded on and a spacecraft will go beyond the speed of light. But at this moment in time, it's a great scientific theory. If you think the word theory is being belittled, you simply don't understand the subject.

At the start of my Open University degree that went down the geology route, my first two years were in science. So you take a photo of the moon, and from that, work out the distance to it. If you can, you did the OU foundation science course.

You‘re staggering around because you‘er explaining it incorrectly. Science isn’t just a subject. It’s a way of doing literally, every major activity where verifiable results are importat. SCIENCE IS A METHODOLOGY.
Every military, manufacturer, lawyer and major retailer, economist, engineer, medical practitioner, FARMER , INDUSTRIALIST and economist uses science. Politicians should all The time.

For example, the most advanced law degree is a SCIENCE degree. BS in college is for “bachelor of science” and applies to EVERY SUBJECT, even the arts.
No, science tries to describe your surroundings and these pieces of work are called theories.

Uneducated people, especially Creationists, use the common, casual, and less important definition of 'theory' instead of looking up the definition of 'Scientific Theory.'

`
Gravity has been debunked a long time ago where have you been? It dosent work around some stars

#30th posting for me?

[.....]

Many people learned in Elementary School that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty -- above a mere hypothesis but below a law.
According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a Scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature.
So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution -- or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter -- they are NOT expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the Fact of evolution."..."

`
Yes, science is just all theories. As they get expanded on, they can alter from slightly to a great deal to shelved. And umpteen billion will agree with the theory throughout it's development.

Last edited:

`
Creationist's have their theories, scientists have their theories. I'm agnostic, but lean scientifically. I hope this post makes your replies to my posts more relevant.

#30th posting for me?

[.....]

`
I hear you. I think it’s because we misuse the word “theory” so much in our daily life instead of using the word hypothesis. People who don’t believe in science are arguing from a point of ignorance.
A jury trial is an exercise in the scientific method . Science is a methodology of developing theories. It can apply to any thing we do. . .

[Yes, science is just all theories. As they get expanded on, they can alter from slightly to a great deal to shelved. And umpteen bloom will agree with the theory throughout it's development.
Evolution is a FACT as well as a theory.
You Goofily said "But still all theories" which is discounting what are now Facts as if they were just the common usage of the word.
Demonstrating you know **** about science or evolution.

You're just a contrary Clown in every thread on every subject.
`

Last edited:
You’re not a scientist or are science literate are you ?
If you want to speak volumes about science . , at least look up the word “science” in a dictionary.
It is you backing the idea that fiddling around with the very building blocks of an organism and getting miniscule improvements equates to a monkey to man certainty.

Creationist's have their theories, scientists have their theories. I'm agnostic, but lean scientifically. I hope this post makes your replies to my posts more relevant.
100% demonstrating you do NOT know what a Scientific Theory is.
Creationist have no factual basis for their belief/Faith, Science only get's to theory after logical thought, then Hypothesis, then further evidenced/tested to become a Scientific Theory.

You are so LOW IQ you are undebatable.
A Raging contrary Idiot.
Who also is an 'agnostic' on evolution v Creationism.
Evolution is a fact that has nothing to do with a religious belief.. It's a demonstrable fact with Evidence, unlike Religions/gods.

`

Evolution is a FACT as well as a theory.
You Goofily said "But still all theories" which is discounting what are now Facts as if they were just the common usage of the word.
Demonstrating you know **** about science or evolution.

You're just a contrary Clown in every thread on every subject.
`
First time I've seen you reply without copying and pasting an article.

Sorry cupcake, all facts still theories. If you want to view a fact as set in stone, knock your fucking pan in.

It is you backing the idea that fiddling around with the very building blocks of an organism and getting miniscule improvements equates to a monkey to man certainty.
I have no idea what you’re babbling about. You’re bouncing from one thing to another. Evolution is demonstrated continuously all around you In the modern world. It’s like someone saying quantum theory isn’t either while they are talking on a cell phone or using the internet. Advanced science is demonstrated everyday in most things normal people do…..like eat, watch TV and their jobs.

100% demonstrating you do NOT know what a Scientific Theory is.
Creationist have no factual basis for their belief/Faith, Science only get's to theory after logical thought, then Hypothesis, then further evidenced/tested to become a Scientific Theory.

You are so LOW IQ you are undebatable.
A Raging contrary Idiot.
Who also is an 'agnostic' on evolution v Creationism.
Evolution is a fact that has nothing to do with a religious belief.. It's a demonstrable fact with Evidence, unlike Religions/gods.

`
Listen thick ****, I will say this only once, so stick your finger in one lug hole and open the other.

The only thing you know for sure on this earth is, "I think, therefore I am". You know you exist, anything past that is open to interpretation.

Every fucking thing is just theory. Facts are theories.

I have no idea what you’re babbling about. You’re bouncing from one thing to another. Evolution is demonstrated continuously all around you In the modern world. It’s like someone saying quantum theory isn’t either while they are talking on a cell phone or using the internet. Advanced science is demonstrated everyday in most things normal people do…..like eat, watch TV and their jobs.
I'm not surprised you don't comprehend.

Cell phones, or more correctly digital transfer these days is not quantum theory. It is based on known wave frequencies in which technology has broadened the ability to send and receive.

You mistake my purpose. I am very much in support of science and the betterment of our species. I do not support the broken orthodoxy that seems to have bogged down modern science.

Forum List

Back