War and the Constitution: How do we justify U.S. involvement in Ukraine?

That depends on the extent, to which you refer. Is Russia corrupt? Is the US Corrupt? Is China Corrupt? Is Saudi Corrupt? Is Iran Corrupt? How bout Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico you name it?

There is corruption in Ukraine, but at least, even in tbe middle of a war, rhey are hilding their corrupt officials accountable and purging them grom the govt.

As mentioned, our own politicians were caught participating in that same criminal scandal, and while Ujraine purged their corrupt participants the US did not bst sn eye or do anything to do the same.

We sat back and let our proven corrupt politicians declare to us:

'Nothing to see here, WE have decided WE will not be pinished. Moving on...'

Garland / the DOJ didn't do shit.

Why do you care, if everyone is just corrupt anyway? How is it beneficial to US citizens to spend billions of their tax dollars on Ukraine when that money would be better served here helping them directly?

President Donald Trump called the Leader of Ukraine IOT initiate an agreement the US has with Ukraine in an existing, established treaty. This agreement requires the leader of one country to directly request assistance from the leader of the other country to investigate corruption and crime.
-- This is not in question as this has been discussed over and over at the time this happened and many links were provided.

President Trump, as per the treaty, asked Ukraine's leader fir assistance to investigate Biden / Biden family corruption and crime in Ukraine, which was his legal authority and responsibility to do.

Democrats panicked and rushed to save Biden's ass by trying to affect criminal BS Impeachment #2, which failed and was proven to be crap just like the 1st attempt.

Here we are years later with overwhelming evidence proving the Bidens were engaged in corruption, influence peddling, potential classified info peddling, extortion, Conspiracy, Hunter was illegally acting as an unregistered foreign agent, VP Biden was entertaining dozens of visits from Burism members at his office, etc...

The evidence exposed NOW proves why the Democrats HAD to attempt to Impeach Trump for requesting the Ukraine's leader help in investigating all of the Biden's corruption and crime -

The Impeachment served as both distraction and attempt to derail any investigation that would uncover the evidence we now have.

Why do you care, if everyone is just corrupt anyway? How is it beneficial to US citizens to spend billions of their tax dollars on Ukraine when that money would be better served here helping them directly?

Do you honestly think the aid given by the US is 100% used to defend the Ukraine? What percentage of it is being pocketed and given back as kickbacks to those who made it happen? Or does that not matter either?
I do not like or approve of the Russian Government as a dominating power in that region close to NATO countries as we have heard their rhetoric and see their progress attacks for years, as they continue to reconstitute the old soviet that was indeed (and still is) a threat to NATO and the free world. I don't know how you got into this country, but you are not here supporting democracy at home or abroad, so you rate right up there with the St Petersburg troll farm boys.

I do not like or approve of the Russian Government as a dominating power in that region close to NATO countries as we have heard their rhetoric and see their progress attacks for years, as they continue to reconstitute the old soviet that was indeed (and still is) a threat to NATO and the free world. I don't know how you got into this country, but you are not here supporting democracy at home or abroad, so you rate right up there with the St Petersburg troll farm boys.

I was born here, you asshole, and I love my country and fellow Americans enough to not want billions of our tax dollars thrown away in a corrupt, despotic region of the world, where our own corrupt politicians are neck deep in the swill along with them. There are too many issues with our country that need fixed and taken care of before we spend that kind of money elsewhere in the world. You're just up there right along with them, wanting to send young Americans into harms way to be the world's police, which was not what our country was founded for, nor would those who founded the country want that to happen. Seems to me that you're the one on the wrong side of history. Russia does not pose any immediate threat to us, and hardly a threat to the 'free world', nor is Ukraine part of NATO. Anyone that voted for the corrupt Biden admin has no business even mentioning the 'free world'.

Congress has not only not declared war on Russia; it has not authorized the use of American military forces against it. Yet, it has given President Joe Biden a blank check for $100 billion and authorized him to spend it on military equipment for Ukraine however he sees fit.

The AUMF used for the Iraq war is still in effect and it gives the POTUS basically unlimited power to wage war.

I was born here, you asshole, and I love my country and fellow Americans enough to not want billions of our tax dollars thrown away in a corrupt, despotic region of the world, where our own corrupt politicians are neck deep in the swill along with them. There are too many issues with our country that need fixed and taken care of before we spend that kind of money elsewhere in the world. You're just up there right along with them, wanting to send young Americans into harms way to be the world's police, which was not what our country was founded for, nor would those who founded the country want that to happen. Seems to me that you're the one on the wrong side of history. Russia does not pose any immediate threat to us, and hardly a threat to the 'free world', nor is Ukraine part of NATO. Anyone that voted for the corrupt Biden admin has no business even mentioning the 'free world'.
I don't know where you are from. You don't sound like you too history or civics here. Nor do you think it is possible for the United States to be anything but a one trick pony, unable to address internation threats, if their are internal problems to be addressed. I vote for who I damned well please, after being willing to serve, and forming opinions based on Cold War service in Europe. Thanks for the continuing checks.:cool:

I don't know where you are from. You don't sound like you too history or civics here. Nor do you think it is possible for the United States to be anything but a one trick pony, unable to address internation threats, if their are internal problems to be addressed. I vote for who I damned well please, after being willing to serve, and forming opinions based on Cold War service in Europe. Thanks for the continuing checks.:cool:
Russia in no threat to America, Dr. Strangelove.

The Brandon Administration method for justifying our troops being used in that war zone is …

absolute silence and dishonesty. Compliance with our laws and with our Constitution was a non-starter in this wholly corrupt Administration.

Last edited:
The Brandon Administrarion method for justifying our troops being used in that war zone is …

absolute silence and dishonesty. Compliance with our laws and with our Constitution was a non-starter in this wholly corrupt Administration.
Meanwhile, his faithful buttbois accept being lied to and sleepwalked into WW3, as though it's all perfectly normal.

The United States should be taking care of its own, not wasting billions of dollars, Russa is hardly an international threat, let alone a threat to the U.S. You must somehow profit or have in the past, from this exact kind of conflict.

Meanwhile, his faithful buttbois accept being lied to and sleepwalked into WW3, as though it's all perfectly normal.
Because I recognize that Putin is an unjustified aggressor and a war criminal for how he has had his military engage in the war in Ukraine, I am more than happy to condemn him. Also, although he certainly isn’t comparable to Hitler in many respects, it does seem appropriate to me to note one similarity. Because the world failed to stop the madman, Hitler, early on when he was waging war in Europe, I do see the danger of not stopping Putin, now.

However, I also recognize that the United States is not the policeman of the world.
So, the idea of us involving ourselves in yet another Godforsaken war is not an attractive one.

All things considered, if we do — as a nation — make a conscious decision to fight in a war, I would hope it would entail some honest discussions first. And call me an optimist, but I would assume that the decision would adhere to the Constitution. Congress would have to be the body that authorizes a declaration of war.

Yet in this instance, it seems like President Spudz McFuckwit is already engaged in a violation of that Constitutional requirement. It is not his place to do so.

He should be held to account. And if it turns out that he has allowed our troops to be involved as boots on the ground outside of the valid Constitutional basis, he should be impeached. (I know. It won’t happen. But it should.)

Last edited:
The United States should be taking care of its own, not wasting billions of dollars, Russa is hardly an international threat, let alone a threat to the U.S. You must somehow profit or have in the past, from this exact kind of conflict.
No. I just learned the lessons of failed appeasement and the costs of failed appeasement in the history of small wars that turned into world wars on that continent. You didn't.

Because the world failed to stop the madman, Hitler, early on when he was waging war in Europe, I do see the danger of not stopping Putin, now.
I've seen absolutely no evidence that Putin has any designs beyond Crimea and the Donbas....He certainly doesn't posses the might to roll into Europe.

This all could have ended before it began at the negotiating table, and Tenpercentskyy would still be able to get his skim off of all the international loot he's laundering.

These leaks are only a small sampler plate of the smorgasbord of lies we're being told.

I've seen absolutely no evidence that Putin has any designs beyond Crimea and the Donbas....He certainly doesn't posses the might to roll into Europe.

This all could have ended before it began at the negotiating table, and Tenpercentskyy would still be able to get his skim off of all the international loot he's laundering.

These leaks are only a small sampler plate of the smorgasbord of lies we're being told.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Disgusted and appalled? Yes. Surprised? Not at all.

this is no free world...big brother rules all
I am sorry you are under somebody's thumb. That is indeed sad. I guess you should not have gotten hooked into support a political party.

How do we justify U.S. involvement in Ukraine?​

We can't!! There's zero justification. It's misuse of tax dollars that could be spent stopping our own invaders at the southern border. Or perhaps it could be used to help our homeless and sick vets. Or maybe it could be used to mend our failing bridges, dams, roads, and other infrastructure.

Forum List

Back