Want to see the clearest example of our f*cked up Justice System? Watch "Making a Murderer"

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
making-a-murderer.jpg

In summation:
To briefly recap, Making a Murderer is the culmination of a decade of work by the project’s creators, Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos, whoexhaustively chronicled the horrifying story of Steven Avery and his nephew Brendan Dassey. The two Wisconsin natives were accused of raping and killing Teresa Halbach, a young woman who had come to take pictures of Avery’s car for AutoTrader magazine. Steven Avery was supposedly the last person to see her alive, and his nephew eventually confesses that he and his uncle raped, tortured, and killed her, burning her body in the fire pit directly outside the house.

If that sounds relatively clear-cut, you’re in for quite a ride. As it happens, Avery just finished 18 years of a prison sentence for a crime he was exonerated from by DNA evidence. Now, as his $36M lawsuit begins against the county, he’s suddenly being accused of a brutal murder, and the same people who railroaded him the first time are deeply involved with the new case.

Now if you're a fan of courtroom drama, documentaries or just a human life period....Watch this series. Its the most clear cut example of police / lawyer / Justice system collusion every caught on camera. In depth and seriously unbelievable.

If you've seen it...what do you think?

I saw this series in toto. It's horrific. It shows you that our justice system is corrupt.

I saw this series in toto. It's horrific. It shows you that our justice system is corrupt.

I think the worst part of the entire thing, if you had to focus on just one thing, was the way the defense lawyers and prosecution set the nephew up knowing he was a little off without his lawyer present, without moms permission and just talked him into circles until he didnt know which way was up.

Sad shit, but once they believe you are guilty it shows they will make sure to make everything go in that one direction whether you're innocent or not

I think the worst part of the entire thing, if you had to focus on just one thing, was the way the defense lawyers and prosecution set the nephew up knowing he was a little off without his lawyer present, without moms permission and just talked him into circles until he didnt know which way was up.

Sad shit, but once they believe you are guilty it shows they will make sure to make everything go in that one direction whether you're innocent or not
The nephew wasn't just "a little off". He was very low intelligence and easily manipulated. What happened in this case ought to be criminal and it's not.

Worse, whoever did kill this woman has gotten away with it. Who did you think was a likely candidate for her murder?

I would have placed money on her ex-boyfriend.

Also with the body having been so burned, they had no forensic evidence for their theory, (which they placed in the boy's mind), that the woman had been abducted, raped and murdered.

The nephew wasn't just "a little off". He was very low intelligence and easily manipulated. What happened in this case ought to be criminal and it's not.

Worse, whoever did kill this woman has gotten away with it. Who did you think was a likely candidate for her murder?

I would have placed money on her ex-boyfriend.

Also with the body having been so burned, they had no forensic evidence for their theory, (which they placed in the boy's mind), that the woman had been abducted, raped and murdered.

Yeah, the Ex boyfriend "figured out" the Voicemail password and deleted stuff which looks really fishy. They didnt even vet him at all because they were so convinced they were right arresting Avery. The brother of the girl I hated even more, no information ever changed his mind or even made him wonder IF someone else COULD BE responsible.

Yeah, they were able to sell this horrible story to the media FIRST without one shred of evidence any of it happened. Where was the blood?

Exactly. There should have been a massive amount of blood evidence for their claim that the woman was murdered on Avery's property. Nobody can clean up that well, especially someone who wasn't that savvy in the first place.

Brendan Dassey's IQ puts him at fourth grade level. Steven Avery's IQ is 70. It's much easier to manipulate someone of low intelligence.

Exactly. There should have been a massive amount of blood evidence for their claim that the woman was murdered on Avery's property. Nobody can clean up that well, especially someone who wasn't that savvy in the first place.

Brendan Dassey's IQ puts him at fourth grade level. Steven Avery's IQ is 70. It's much easier to manipulate someone of low intelligence.

Not only that but first they claimed she was murdered in the bed with the confession...then they switched it to say she was murdered in the Garage. Neither spot had blood there or any evidence that puts that kid there OR the girl. No hair, no blood, no...nothing

Its messed up what happened to him. But his case did a lot for our justice system. Isnt he the reason compensation happens for wrongful imprisonment?
I point that out for 2 things
1. Nothing is perfect and time heals.
2. Unfortunately, there isn't a way we could have a better justice system. We could get accountability but that would never happen because Washington would also have to be responsible. Even if we fired all of them and started over, it would still happen.

Hey....that last paragraph ClosedCaption wrote^^^ It is exactly what the media and BLM does to all cops. Sucks...doesn't it CC?

The justice system does make bad choices though.

Like....allowing repeat offenders in the ghetto get bond constantly after every repeated offense.

Ever see how when a thug is arrested for a new crime...they always have these huge rap sheets at a young age? How the hell does the justice system keep giving mercy and leniency to all these thugs?

Hey....that last paragraph ClosedCaption wrote^^^ It is exactly what the media and BLM does to all cops. Sucks...doesn't it CC?

Without the force of the legal system which amounts to believing it. Oh boo hoo - believing they are bad is the same as locking them up in Bucs wurld :crybaby:Poor you all free and stuff :crybaby:

Like....allowing repeat offenders in the ghetto get bond constantly after every repeated offense.

Ever see how when a thug is arrested for a new crime...they always have these huge rap sheets at a young age? How the hell does the justice system keep giving mercy and leniency to all these thugs?
We're talking about something else entirely.

When cops refuse to police their own, this kind of crap ensues.

Same premise. Innocent until proven guilty. And the gripe that if they think you're guilty they spare no expense in going after you, even if you're innocent. Well...that's exactly how BLM and the media treats cops. Sucks doesn't it?

Mmmay. When that is actually happening we'll talk. As of now....0.5% of cops are bad. A number that's smaller than any other walk of life outside the military. All you carpenters and plumbers and accountants need to police your coworkers better.

Same premise. Innocent until proven guilty. And the gripe that if they think you're guilty they spare no expense in going after you, even if you're innocent. Well...that's exactly how BLM and the media treats cops. Sucks doesn't it?

Its not the same premise at all. Only a idiot would say its the same by ignoring all the conspirators that had to be quiet to let this go on involving innocent people.

Mmmay. When that is actually happening we'll talk. As of now....0.5% of cops are bad. A number that's smaller than any other walk of life outside the military. All you carpenters and plumbers and accountants need to police your coworkers better.

And out of those .05% cops that are bad they are surrounded by other cops who turn their head to their crimes.

That's a view. Cops are always good. (except when they're not). I bet you didn't even view this murder documentary. Come back when you have.

Forum List

Back