Walsh to skip Obama jobs speech

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:eek:heads will start exploding 3. 2. 1.

SNIP:
By Katherine Skiba

Tribune reporter

4:13 p.m. CDT, September 1, 2011
WASHINGTON — House Republican Joe Walsh of Illinois is thumbing his nose at President Obama’s speech on jobs before a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8 — by skipping it.

Walsh, a tea party-backed freshman from McHenry, issued a statement today saying he’ll be in Illinois on the night of the speech to host a small-business forum. A Walsh aide said he expected details of the forum to be known Friday morning.

Talking about avoiding Obama’s address, Walsh said in his statement: “I don’t see the point of being a prop for another of the president’s speeches asking for more failed stimulus spending and more subsidies for his pet projects.”
He added: “The president needs to stop the speeches, get out of his office and away from all the White House academics and start talking to real people out there. They’re the ones who are going to create the jobs, not White House paper-pushers and bureaucrats.”

the rest at..
Walsh to skip Obama jobs speech - chicagotribune.com

I don't think that's actin' right
You don't think it's showin'
Jumpin' up, fallin' down
Don't misunderstand me
You don't think that I know your plan
What you try'n'-a hand me?

Funky!

Little to early to attack the Presidents future jobs plan IMO but I can see where he is coming from. It's nice to hear that kind of talk coming for one of the new guys no matter what party they hail from.

SNIP:
By Katherine Skiba

Tribune reporter

WASHINGTON — House Republican Joe Walsh of Illinois is thumbing his nose at President Obama’s speech on jobs before a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8 — by skipping it.

Walsh, a tea party-backed freshman from McHenry, issued a statement today saying he’ll be in Illinois on the night of the speech to host a small-business forum. A Walsh aide said he expected details of the forum to be known Friday morning.

Talking about avoiding Obama’s address, Walsh said in his statement: “I don’t see the point of being a prop for another of the president’s speeches asking for more failed stimulus spending and more subsidies for his pet projects.”
He added: “The president needs to stop the speeches, get out of his office and away from all the White House academics and start talking to real people out there. They’re the ones who are going to create the jobs, not White House paper-pushers and bureaucrats.”

the rest at..

Now just why should I care about what a Teabagger ignoramous does or doesn't do? These people are the cream of the willfully ignorant crop. A bunch of know-nothings, proud of their ignorance.

Now just why should I care about what a Teabagger ignoramous does or doesn't do? These people are the cream of the willfully ignorant crop. A bunch of know-nothings, proud of their ignorance.

Myself and several other colleagues sat down with Walsh last March in his D.C. office. We were part of a 60 member contingent that had split up for pre-arranged meetings over a 2 day period on the Hill. He was between votes on the House floor and literally had 60 seconds to devote to us.

The man did his homework, was attentive and engaging, and genuinely concerned about issues which had no direct bearing on his district. Yet he understood our positions as they relate to the state of Illinois' economy and their importance to the nation as a whole.

Contrast this with the many Democrats' offices that we visited. We were relegated to staffers and aids, shown little if any support, and were met with blank stares. In short, the light bulbs weren't on in the attic.

And no, we weren't discussing touchy-feely moral or social issues but some fairly heady and complex economic concepts.

So I would suggest that Rock of Old Ages - or anyone else reading this- get off your asses and take a first hand look at exactly who are the "willfully ignorant" in our nation's capitol.

Last edited:

SNIP:
By Katherine Skiba

Tribune reporter

the rest at..

to you the truth is not an absolute it is shades of grey!!the truth for people like you has been reduced from fact to biased opinion!! and the truth is the left took a beating in 2010 and they are really going to pay in 2012!!

SNIP:
By Katherine Skiba

Tribune reporter

the rest at..

Morans!!!

I suspect that few will miss House Republican Joe Walsh of Illinois that night.

I would be like Walsh. Why give this President "another" opportunity to sit there and belittle, berate, point fingers, act like he HAS ALL THE ANSWERS but it is THEM who is standing in his way.

From what we have seen, he is going to say more of the same BS just in a different way.

I for one am sick of seeing this man lectures. And from his approval ratings, so is a bunch of other people.

SNIP:
By Katherine Skiba

Tribune reporter

the rest at..

You're going to have to do a little compare and contrast to point out the difference in what you say about the TEA Party folks anD anybody else in DC.

I would be like Walsh. Why give this President "another" opportunity to sit there and belittle, berate, point fingers, act like he HAS ALL THE ANSWERS but it is THEM who is standing in his way.

From what we have seen, he is going to say more of the same BS just in a different way.

I for one am sick of seeing this man lectures. And from his approval ratings, so is a bunch of other people.

He is already past the point of no return. When he comes on TV, most people just turn the channel after a brief notation within saying to themselves, "God! I hate this guy".

It took about 5 1/2 years for W to get to this point. Clinton never did. Bush 41 didn't evoke that kind of emotion and Reagan just glided into the fog.

When the president reaches this point in his presidency, it's over.

Myself and several other colleagues sat down with Walsh last March in his D.C. office. We were part of a 60 member contingent that had split up for pre-arranged meetings over a 2 day period on the Hill. He was between votes on the House floor and literally had 60 seconds to devote to us.

The man did his homework, was attentive and engaging, and genuinely concerned about issues which had no direct bearing on his district. Yet he understood our positions as they relate to the state of Illinois' economy and their importance to the nation as a whole.

Contrast this with the many Democrats' offices that we visited. We were relegated to staffers and aids, shown little if any support, and were met with blank stares. In short, the light bulbs weren't on in the attic.

And no, we weren't discussing touchy-feely moral or social issues but some fairly heady and complex economic concepts.

So I would suggest that Rock of Old Ages - or anyone else reading this- get off your asses and take a first hand look at exactly who are the "willfully ignorant" in our nation's capitol.

That Walsh is a knowledgeable and effective representative isn’t the issue.

At issue is this is indicative of the GOP’s unwillingness to work with the president to address the Nation’s problems. This is not good or responsible governance – ignoring the president, his proposals and plans is not going to move the country forward, it will keep us in gridlock. And that indeed seems the republican ‘plan.’

The Republicans should all chant in a chorus: Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit, and so on through out the speech.

The Democrats should also, but that's too much to dream.

Given his belief system, there is nothing he will say that could possibly help.

His promises are empty. His ideas are failures. His plans are dead ends and his tactics are class warfare. There is nothing there for us. He is a failed learder with a failed and bankrupt ideology.

He is already past the point of no return. When he comes on TV, most people just turn the channel after a brief notation within saying to themselves, "God! I hate this guy".

It took about 5 1/2 years for W to get to this point. Clinton never did. Bush 41 didn't evoke that kind of emotion and Reagan just glided into the fog.

When the president reaches this point in his presidency, it's over.

If the November elections didn't give them a clue the people DON'T WANT what they are selling, NOTHING WILL. Obamacare was the beginning of the end for them. The people saw just how far they were willing to go AGAINST the will of the people. And it hasn't got any better.

At issue is this is indicative of the GOP’s unwillingness to work with the president to address the Nation’s problems. This is not good or responsible governance – ignoring the president, his proposals and plans is not going to move the country forward, it will keep us in gridlock. And that indeed seems the republican ‘plan.’

Stick with me through this anaolgy:

The boat is sinking. The Big 0 has discovered that the reason is that a hole in hull is allowing water into the boat. His solution is to chop a second hole into the hull to let the water out.

The Republicans do not agree with the plan he has offered as it will sink the boat quicker, not save the day.

What you suggest is that the Republicans offer the Big 0 a bigger ax to make a bigger hole or a smaller ax as a comprimise. The point though, is that the Big 0 is flat out wrong about the solution, the approach and the direction to take.

The Big 0 is wrong. He has no clue what to do and will ruin us more quickly if there is not someone there to stop him. If the choice is do what the Big 0 suggests or do nothing, I'm squarely behind doing nothing.

In the mean time, you are free to continue to repeat, "Half a league, half a league, half a league onward"... I'm sure Kipling wouldn't mind.

Sorry but Obama has NO PLANS except to spend us into more trillion dollar dept that GOT US NOTHING the first time he tried it. Every plan the Republicans have put forth have BEEN REJECTED outright by Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi..So the blame for GIRDLOCK is the Democrat party.
The Republicans were elected in November to put the "brakes" on Obama and his idiot party ideas. Too bad if you all don't LIKE IT.

Last edited:

The President has set the tone. His accusing the republicans of standing in the way of his policies (when he had two years of majority in all branches), his accusing the "right" of being hate-filled terrorists using vitriol in their speech, yet totally ignores the accusations, the lies that have been said by those in his cabinet (ex-military need to be put on a terror watch list?), his party.

I would love to see the republicans sit this one out, preferably in some local bars, supporting the economy.

This was great...Why does congress have to be there?
This just magnifies the schedule-ling conflict that Obama tried to manufacture...They don't need to be there to listen to his bullshit.

Forum List

Back