Wall Street Wants Your Ass Back in the Office

Not if the workers spend time at the grocery store, the pool, the movies, and even the golf course, like government employees do.
If the employer decides he’s better off with his employees in the office, where they can engage directly with one another and he can reach them any time during business hours, that’s his call.
Don't forget to add the CEO to your list of govt employees. Employers today have it made. Easier than ever before to find hard working employees. I am hoping it becomes more difficult for them to find workers. That helps the economy.

Not if the workers spend time at the grocery store, the pool, the movies, and even the golf course, like government employees do.

Everyone does those things when they are off. Can you offer any evidence at all the Govt employees are doing them while they are on the clock?

I find this interesting. In March 2020 my department at work went fully remote. Our productivity went UP 20%.

They dragged us back into the office one day a week as of summer 2022 and saw our productivity drop to only 12.5% above pre-pandemic levels. When they forced us to two days a week in office it was further reduced to only 7.5% above pre-pandemic.

Our VP has repeatedly denied call for us to go back into the office full-time. Besides the further loss of productivity, he knows they will lose the top 3 performers in the department permanently, and possibly two others (it’s a 12 person department).

I find this interesting. In March 2020 my department at work went fully remote. Our productivity went UP 20%.

They dragged us back into the office one day a week as of summer 2022 and saw our productivity drop to only 12.5% above pre-pandemic levels. When they forced us to two days a week in office it was further reduced to only 7.5% above pre-pandemic.

Our VP has repeatedly denied call for us to go back into the office full-time. Besideoffice. s the further loss of productivity, he knows they will lose the top 3 performers in the department permanently, and possibly two others (it’s a 12 person department).
Interesting. A ton less productivity at the office. Signs of workers doing better at home. The employer generally has zero clue. Morons.

If the employer decides he’s better off with his employees in the office, where they can engage directly with one another and he can reach them any time during business hours, that’s his call.
Sounds like an incompetent employer. No trust. Avoid these types they're bad people.

Interesting. A ton less productivity at the office. Signs of workers doing better at home. The employer generally has zero clue. Morons
Too many distractions in the office. Other people to talk to. Getting dragged into unnecessary meetings. Things like that. At home we’re free to just get work done.

Our Supervisor, Manager and Director would love to make us fully remote again. IT’s upper management thst can’t wrap their heads around reality.

Forum List

Back