Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte

Good news comes in 4’s!​

• Employment up!​

• Infrastructure passing​

• Wages up!​

• Stock market record!​

US wages jump by the most in records dating back 20 years​

WASHINGTON (AP) — Wages jumped in the three months ending in September by the most on records dating back 20 years, a stark illustration of the growing ability of workers to demand higher pay from companies that are desperate to fill a near-record number of available jobs.

Pay increased 1.5% in the third quarter, the Labor Department said Friday. That’s up sharply from 0.9% in the previous quarter. The value of benefits rose 0.9% in the July-September quarter, more than double the preceding three months.

Workers have gained the upper hand in the job market for the first time in at least two decades, and they are commanding higher pay, more benefits, and other perks like flexible work hours. With more jobs available than there are unemployed people, government data shows, businesses have been forced to work harder to attract staff.
Higher inflation is eating away at some of the wage increases, but in recent months overall pay has kept up with rising prices. The 1.5% increase in wages and salaries in the third quarter is ahead of the 1.2% increase in inflation during that period, economists said.

Last edited:
Supply and demand and when the market become over saturated then wages will crash, so remember to blame Biden if and when it does happen…

I will not but you have to see you are giving him credit for something he has little to do with, but keep on trolling…

Supply and demand and when the market become over saturated then wages will crash, so remember to blame Biden if and when it does happen…

I will not but you have to see you are giving him credit for something he has little to do with, but keep on trolling…
Well to be honest, how can he be responsible for gas and food prices but not wages?

Well to be honest, how can he be responsible for gas and food prices but not wages?
Never said he was was responsible for any of that but Mayor Pete hold a little responsibility for the issue in L.A. but as for petro prices that has to do with the supply and demand again and we rely on Canadian and Mexican oil more than Middle East oil and OPEC set most of yo tone of the prices.

I guess Biden could pressure OPEC and oil producing nations to produce more or could unleash our oil to glut the market but then that would also cause harm.

As for Food Prices, well lack of workers and some could argue the extended unemployment benefits caused some of this, and Trump and Biden then are to blame along with Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell, so let see do you really want to play this game with me?

Never said he was was responsible for any of that but Mayor Pete hold a little responsibility for the issue in L.A. but as for petro prices that has to do with the supply and demand again and we rely on Canadian and Mexican oil more than Middle East oil and OPEC set most of yo tone of the prices.

I guess Biden could pressure OPEC and oil producing nations to produce more or could unleash our oil to glut the market but then that would also cause harm.

As for Food Prices, well lack of workers and some could argue the extended unemployment benefits caused some of this, and Trump and Biden then are to blame along with Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell, so let see do you really want to play this game with me?
Like I said. Thanks for the wage increases Biden. Biden has created the worlds greatest economy with the highest stock market, most job openings, and highest wages increased. The proof is in the pudding. Results matter.

Next year will be an interesting year to see which direction the economy will be going.
At least 1.2 trillion "infrastructure" Bill, plus whatever the squad can push through of the
4-5 trillion dollar Bill.

Next year will be an interesting year to see we direction the economy will be going.
At least 1.2 trillion "infrastructure" Bill, plus whatever the squad can push through of the
4-5 trillion dollar Bill.
Agreed. May be a total chaos of activity. We may see an economy explode upward and lift the bottom economically like never before. But my bet is on the 1% benefiting the most. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. May be a total chaos of activity. We may see an economy explode upward and lift the bottom economically like never before. But my bet is on the 1% benefiting the most. 🤷‍♂️
I don't see the bottom being lifted too far, and probably not at all when the middle class start getting
hit with taxes and loss of jobs. I do agree that the 1% has their ass covered thanks to the politicians.

Hmm wages jump because the gov't is handing out so much free money that nobody wants to work thus the few workers who are left make more money.

I guess in some round-a-bout way that's good. I'm not really sure how, but I'm sure some liberal on here will explain it to me.

Too bad over 100 million Americans are out of the work force.

this corrupted traitor (xiden) only takes 10%...
the sack of oatmeal has no clue who changes ITS diaper, let alone about anything AMERICA--only how to bankrupt and ruin AMERICA

Forum List

Back