Wacky Mike Pence had his own Willie Horton style attack ad in his debut 1988 campaign for Congress

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
from the book Mike Pence: The Shadow President

"the ad was shot in a schoolyard. the ad focused on a scary version of a still-life: a razor blade, a rolled up dollar bill, lines of white powder. Red letters bled over the picture, declaring. "there's something my opponent isnt telling you about his record on drugs"

the spot ended with the words "its weak" written in white powder. Pence, arms folded across his chest, a determined and confident look on his face, claimed that his opponent was responsible for "1,200 convicted drugs pushers being set free. instead of protecting our children, Phil Sharp has protected the rights of drug pushers""

Pence wanted the death penalty for drug dealers, something Trump later said too.

• Banned
actually, Lee Atwater said of Dukakis that he would strip the bark "off the little bastard and make Horton his running mate"

Dukakis let Willie Horton out.

Willie Horton raped and murdered while out.

That apparently is not Dukakis' fault, since Dukakis is left wing and nobody left wing is ever at fault for anything....

• Banned
during a 1989 Congressional debate, Pence's opponent reached for the name of a famous plutocrat to criticize Pence's economic ideas.

"Donald Trump will be delighted to hear your commitment, because 80 percent of the capital gains tax reduction will go to folks who make 100K a year!"

how prescient he was.

• Banned
"the dirt began flying when Pence accused Sharp of planning to sell a family farm in Illinois that could be a future nuclear waste depository. Pence raised the issue in mailers featuring green cows"

"the ad was shot in a schoolyard. the ad focused on a scary version of a still-life: a razor blade, a rolled up dollar bill, lines of white powder. Red letters bled over the picture, declaring. "there's something my opponent isnt telling you about his record on drugs"

the spot ended with the words "its weak" written in white powder. Pence, arms folded across his chest, a determined and confident look on his face, claimed that his opponent was responsible for "1,200 convicted drugs pushers being set free. instead of protecting our children, Phil Sharp has protected the rights of drug pushers""

Pence wanted the death penalty for drug dealers, something Trump later said too.
Was Willie Horton your hero?

• Banned

absolutely not! you have offended me, sir!

absolutely not! you have offended me, sir!
I mean the thug, not the baseball player.

Lefties are notoriously impaired when it comes to history. It seems that 1988 might be the furthest the small minded angry left can deal with but as usual democrats set the bar too high. The old crook LBJ is credited with the biggest Willie Horton ad in freaking history with his "daisy-nuke" T.V. ad targeted at Goldwater.

did you know?

The Pences always wanted children, but during their first 6 years, they couldnt conceive. they had even tried gamete intrafallopian transfer, which is used by Catholics to get around theological objections to procedures that involve fertilizing eggs outside the body.

Forum List

Back