Voters Don't Support Trump Because He's Running As A Republican

It’s simply true. If I don’t vote at all, does Donald Trump gain a vote? Does Joe Biden gain a vote? No. The same is true if I vote for a third party candidate.

Any argument otherwise has to begin with the premise that each person’s vote already belongs to the Democrat or Republican candidates. You may be content to consider yourself beholden to the two major parties, but not all of us are.

None of this even gets into how useless voting for either candidate might be with the winner take all system, depending on what state I’m in, in large part because so many people are willing to keep voting for the ‘lesser of two evils’. There’s also the way people keep worrying about the presidency while continuing to vote in crappy career Congresspeople.

My vote is my own. It is not something the big parties own and can lose, it is something they have to try to gain every election.
Nonsense

Any vote that is not against Trump is a vote FOR him.

Anyone not voting is also voting for him

Nonsense

Anyone not voting is also voting for him
By that logic, anyone who actually votes for Trump is voting for him twice. 🤣

Also by that logic, anyone who normally votes Republican but decides not to because of Trump, and instead either votes third party or not at all, is STILL somehow voting for Trump.

And why isn’t any vote that is not AGAINST Biden actually FOR Biden?

Who I (or anyone) vote for is who I vote for.

By that logic, anyone who actually votes for Trump is voting for him twice. 🤣

Also by that logic, anyone who normally votes Republican but decides not to because of Trump, and instead either votes third party or not at all, is STILL somehow voting for Trump.

And why isn’t any vote that is not AGAINST Biden actually FOR Biden?

Who I (or anyone) vote for is who I vote for.
Faulty logic fail

So, if you are making a thread trying to get Republican voters pissed at Trump, it's not going to work because Republican voters in the primaries are voting for Trump because Trump ISN'T a Republican and the same will happen in the general election as well. The majority of the voters are fed up with both parties and that is why Trump is so popular.

Yet, Trump is a Republican.

Faulty logic fail

Yes, your logic has failed.

IF this is true...

Anyone not voting is also voting for Trump

Then it also has to be that...

Any vote that is not against Biden is a vote FOR him.

Anyone not voting is also voting for Biden

It cannot only work one way.

Yes, your logic has failed.

IF this is true...

Anyone not voting is also voting for Trump

Then it also has to be that...

Any vote that is not against Biden is a vote FOR him.

Anyone not voting is also voting for Biden

It cannot only work one way.
I never said it doesn’t work both ways

Which is where you logic fails you. One single vote cannot be for both Trump and Biden, yet your logic says it can
If you lean towards one candidate or another and don’t vote or vote third party… you have effectively voted for the candidate you favor least

If you lean towards one candidate or another and don’t vote or vote third party… you have effectively voted for the candidate you favor least

What if I view the two main candidates as equally bad and vote 3rd party, who did I effectively vote for?

I never said it doesn’t work both ways
You said that ANY vote that isn’t against Trump is for him, and that anyone not voting is voting for him. No political leanings, no equivalent scenario regarding Biden. When I mentioned that the same logic should apply to Biden, your response was just “faulty logic fail”.

Some consistency would be nice 😉

This is one thing the left just don't seem to have any clue about. I see thread after thread after thread on this forum where someone on the left starts a thread trying to get the Republican base to be dissatisfied with Trump for one thing or another having to deal with Republican policies. Not only do the Republican primary voters vote for Trump because he ISN'T a Republican, general election voters do as well.

The voters over the years are ever increasingly disgusted by both Republicans and Democrats and Trump is his own party and is not really a Republican (or a Democrat), much like Bernie Sanders isn't really a Democrat but has run for the Democratic nomination.

So, if you are making a thread trying to get Republican voters pissed at Trump, it's not going to work because Republican voters in the primaries are voting for Trump because Trump ISN'T a Republican and the same will happen in the general election as well. The majority of the voters are fed up with both parties and that is why Trump is so popular.

I have absolute proof Trump is a Republican and we can put this argument to rest.

Only a Republican would so such a thing. Or a guy playing one.

You said that ANY vote that isn’t against Trump is for him, and that anyone not voting is voting for him. No political leanings, no equivalent scenario regarding Biden. When I mentioned that the same logic should apply to Biden, your response was just “faulty logic fail”.

Some consistency would be nice 😉

Biden is as far from a nice guy as Trump is from a humble guy.
That's not what Republicans in Washington say about him.

I think you guys demonize anyone who is either in power or running for office. Hillary, the worse right? Obama the worst right? Pelosi the worst right? Now suddenly squeeky clean Biden is the most corrupt? After 4 years of Trump, that's a joke.

The only president worse than Trump was GW Bush because he lied us into a war and caused the great recession. He should be in jail for lying us into a war. Not Hillary for using private emails.

This is one thing the left just don't seem to have any clue about. I see thread after thread after thread on this forum where someone on the left starts a thread trying to get the Republican base to be dissatisfied with Trump for one thing or another having to deal with Republican policies. Not only do the Republican primary voters vote for Trump because he ISN'T a Republican, general election voters do as well.

The voters over the years are ever increasingly disgusted by both Republicans and Democrats and Trump is his own party and is not really a Republican (or a Democrat), much like Bernie Sanders isn't really a Democrat but has run for the Democratic nomination.

It seems he has some Dobbs' regrets. lol

Not only do the Republican primary voters vote for Trump because he ISN'T a Republican, general election voters do as well.

So, if he held the very same positions and had a (D) after his name do you believe he'd win over a vast number of Republican voters in the general election?

I'm not sure. I only suspect he'd divide the Democrats just as we've seen within the Republicans.

Forum List

Back