Debate Now Vote for SDZ Rules -- Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Multiple Selections are Allowed. Please check either the Agree or the Disagree option. Thank you.

• Agree that you can claim to be speaking on behalf of others (appeals to false authority)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Selecting Agree is the discussion equivalent of putting on Pampers Pull Up Pants.

No thanks.

I defer to your personal knowledge on that subject matter.

I have no experience with the aforementioned Pampers.

;)

Let me substitute a product with which you have significant personal experience: Depends.
Grow up and drop it. This thread is not a place for the two of you to post petty attacks back and forth.

Here's a little story about that: No.

You're not the boss of me.
Then get reported. This is a debate thread not the flame zone.

If we can agree upon the predefined rules for the SDZ as a whole then they won't need to be repeated every time and the mods will have a single source for the basics.

If an OP wants to additional rules that will be up to them.

We don't have to agree on rules ... The rules can vary to the OP's desires and don't have coincide with rules approved by anyone else.

If the OP wants input regarding rules they can ask for it.
If the OP wants to use rules previously established by someone else ... They can simply copy the other person's rules.
If the OP wants to exercise any form of real freedom ... Then they can make their own rules.

I thought that was the entire idea behind SDZ so I'd leave it as it is.

Sounds to me like others are trying to step in and make their own rules about how the debate will be moderated. It is up to the OP and I would also presume it is up to the OP to moderate their own debate - if the need for a report is warranted - they can make that call - does not sound like they would need anyone else to do this for them. I'm sure the Moderators here can enforce their (OP's) decisions.

We already have the CDZ, and now we need an SDF?

What's next, a forum with only multiple choice polls so that nobody posts any comments that might offend some thin skinned person?

Selecting Agree is the discussion equivalent of putting on Pampers Pull Up Pants.

No thanks.

;)

Let me substitute a product with which you have significant personal experience: Depends.
Grow up and drop it. This thread is not a place for the two of you to post petty attacks back and forth.

Here's a little story about that: No.

You're not the boss of me.
Then get reported. This is a debate thread not the flame zone.

If you consider that a flame, then condolences on your arrested emotional development.

And only losers publicly post "reported".

Let me refer you to the OP in the Guidelines for the SDZ.

• The OP (original poster) must be written out and in your own words i.e. NO copy/paste or simple links.
  • The OP will clearly specify what additional rules will apply to the discussion. Such rules might request that no partisan labels such as Democrat, GOP, liberal, conservative, etc. be used. Or that no specific religion be mentioned. Or no specific person can be named. Or that the discussion is limited to a specific person, document, event, group, etc. Civil or uncivil, whatever the rules will be up to the OP.
  • Members participating in this forum will be expected to follow the rules specified in the OP at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • It is recommended that any rules specified in the OP be simple, easy to understand, kept to a reasonable minimum, and that they make sense. (If rules are too broad, vague, complicated, restrictive, or numerous, it will be impossible to moderate their intent and purpose.)

I read it before ... I don't need to reference it again.
Make a point or don't ... No need to be ambiguous.

Well, this seems to be a list that would be appropriate for the OP's debate threads and he is welcome to stipulate them if he so desires.

I, however, would not agree to have a debate framed for Me in this manner and would decline to participate.

My problem is simple, the supposed ad hom.. the supposed definition and every other subjective rule assumes that there is in fact agreement that those things are the final arbiter. I don't know how many times I have seen either side claim a statement was something it was not simply because it was written by someone they disagreed with. The most common is the claim that someone is trolling or off topic for pointing out a related subject or clarifying something that simple was not true. Let the author decide what is and is not acceptable and then you decide if you want to participate based on those rules and restrictions. Every formal debate has rules and restrictions fr said debate. And they are not all uniform and the same.

No. Facts are not subjective.

The spin that's put on how facts are presented can be subjective, and often is, but the root, the facts themselves are carved in stone.

You can't change reality in real time.

We already have the CDZ, and now we need an SDF?

What's next, a forum with only multiple choice polls so that nobody posts any comments that might offend some thin skinned person?

The issue isn't about some sensitive wuss being offended, it's about OPs twisting the discussions around in an attempt to make their fraudulent "facts" seem to be truthful, and to force the participants in the threads to agree.

The issue isn't about some sensitive wuss being offended, it's about OPs twisting the discussions around in an attempt to make their fraudulent "facts" seem to be truthful, and to force the participants in the threads to agree.

You cannot force voluntary participants to do anything they haven't volunteered for.
There is no requirement to participate, nor a contract as to how long you have to participate.

Try to define the parameters of the debate in a context to suit themselves because they are too weak, impotent, and inadequate to address a topic in a normal give and take manner.

Thread and entire subject = Fail.

I cannot imagine anyone would be stupid enough to fall for something so transparently fraudulent. Why would anyone is their right mind allow others to define parameters of the debate for them? The entire concept smacks of cowardice imho. Just sad and kind of pathetic. :(

Oh....and I voted pineapple. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Pineapple cuz I don't do the debate thing. I just give my opinion, read others opinions, take what I like, ignore that which I don't. Simple.

I voted Pineapple cuz I don't do the debate thing. I just give my opinion, read others opinions, take what I like, ignore that which I don't. Simple.

Yes....but if you set the rules, and those rules are by definition ambiguous and open to multiple interpretations...you always have an out when you're losing the argument. :D

Then our beta male friends can run off to the mods crying and say..."That meany isn't playing fair!" :lol:

It's both laughable and sad. The degree of wimpiness and inadequacy is truly stunning, but utterly to be expected.

I do as you do Gracie. I give my opinion read other opinions, and ignore what I think is stupid. That approach is obviously very threatening and scary to some.

Bottom line: This is not about debate. It is yet another attempt to shut down people when your losing the argument. Again....the motives are very transparent.

This is the same that many use on the other sections here even when the other party doesn't. I think that is a problem that can't be avoided. There are going to be people that are not capable of grasping this.

This is not a "debate" board. It never has been. Just a bunch of people who agree with each other or disagree. argue their point, name call, whine, learn, laugh and in general...a place that is where we all chose to hang out. I didn't like debate crap in high school and I damn sure don't like it now. Either you agree with someone's stance or ya don't.
I will be sure to avoid this forum if all these rules come into play and I might get in trouble forgetting which forum I am in.

Speaking of..is there a way to ignore a forum? That way when I click New Posts, I won't accidentally speak my opinion in this one and get reported by someone that has a stick up their butt.

Couldn't agree more. I have participated in only one thread in this forum. It was Stat's. His OP was Conservatives have lower I.Q. than liberals. :lol:

There was zero debate. When anyone asked him a question that challenged his offensive and bigoted view, he either ignored it, or he said it didn't follow the debate rules he set....therefore, it was not worthy of consideration. :lol:

It's a joke. This is about little people who are afraid of genuine give and take and yet again wish to stifle dissenting views. Entire forum /unscrib...

No thanks.

;)

This is exactly the type of catty post that the SDZ is trying to eliminate, but too many of the rules in the present SDZ threads are vague and confusing. Also, the OPs keep claiming one is violating the rules when one clearly is not....which to me is just like "flaming" yet in their rules they claim "no flaming". This seems like an OP controlled way to eliminate discussion when they can't come up with credible responses and totally unfair to the participant.

And, yes, I am not being forced to participate in the SDZ and if I find that the OPs are not playing fair, I will not participate. There are other forums that just need to have the rules enforced because they have become a lot like the Flame Zone where everyone has gotten into the habit of slinging poop and name-calling that it is now commonplace.

Forum List

Back