Volcanoes are hidden threat in the state of California

HMM – Margaret Mangan didn’t sleep well in the weeks following the Ridgecrest, Calif., earthquakes. The July shaking triggered a swarm of smaller tremors in the nearby Coso Volcanic Field, a cluster of lava domes and cinder cones at the northern end of the Mojave Desert. And it was Mangan’s job to watch for a possible eruption. “We were pretty much on 24-7 vigilance,” said Mangan, the longtime scientist-in-charge of the U.S. Geological Survey’s California Volcano Observatory. For several weeks, she personally monitored thousands of quakes via an automated alert system that pinged her phone at all hours.
Volcanoes are a hidden threat in the state of California

WHen your too stupid to realize what you are NOT told ...............
"As it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah"

Theyve earned what's coming. I hope they wake up.

Only to the uninformed.

I lived there for almost forty years and was well aware of the threat of volcanoes for more than thirty of those years. There are twenty, five classified as extinct, fifteen classified normal or dormant.
mindwars seems to be under the impression that people in California dont know about the states natural disasters.....
Easy on MW. He learned something and he wants to share. That doesn`t happen very often so let`s not discourage him.
All this time here and you dont know "he" is a she?

If you're wrong about this, what else do you get wrong?

Only to the uninformed.

I lived there for almost forty years and was well aware of the threat of volcanoes for more than thirty of those years. There are twenty, five classified as extinct, fifteen classified normal or dormant.
mindwars seems to be under the impression that people in California dont know about the states natural disasters.....
Easy on MW. He learned something and he wants to share. That doesn`t happen very often so let`s not discourage him.
All this time here and you dont know "he" is a she?

If you're wrong about this, what else do you get wrong?

OMG, that was an excellent, excellent catch & point. TY & well done.

:happy-1::happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:

Forum List

Back