Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

so when Obamacare mandates men get a finger shoved up their ass for a prostate check, are they going to call that rape too..:lol:

Finger up the ass could very well save their worthless lives. Forcing women to a ultra sound is violation of their civil rights. Republicans don't want governemnt to control our lives they want to themselves. IF you think Obama's mandates are taking over control of our lives just wait until we get Santorum. Religious fanatic dictator.
Virginians, like citizens of most other states, do not want to allow elective abortions past 12 weeks.

And, they will ensure that will not happen.

Don't want an ultrasound to ensure that you and your doctor are operating within the law, don't have an abortion.

And, anyone who wants an abortion will have an ultrasound. Few doctors do invasive procedures blind.

Take a breath and relax.

Last edited:
Rent a mob has been tricked. If the state is supposed to pay for poor women's abortions isn't that state mandated rape and state mandated destruction of a fetus?

If a woman wants to end her pregnancy, the taxpayers should not carry that burden.

They don't......it's the law

If the law did cover abortions we would have less unwanted and unloved children "throw away chidlren" who turn out to be mass murderers like Jeffery Dahmer. I would much rather be aborted then unloved or unwanted and thrown into foster care until 18 and then thrown into the streets. Unwanted and Unloved is a fate worse then death. I have worked in mental instutions with children with disabilities and they are treated worse than herds of cattle.
I have know women whom I would have gladly paid for their abortions.
https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=pp_ppol_Nondirected_OneTimeGift

Last edited:
Tell that to the 99% of women who have sex. I don't think that will win you their votes. In fact its insulting to women.

People have sex. And if they get pregnant, they may want to have a legal abortion.

They can still get an abortion. Of course a condom, the pill, or (gasp!) abstinence, all work far better with none of the guilt or self loathing.

for the women I know who've made that choice, for whatever reason, there is neither guilt nor self loathing.

i'd suggest you stop attributing your own loathing to them. i also suggest old white men stop imposting conditions on the exercise of women's rights that are intended to CREATE guilt and self-loathing. cause isn't that what we're really talking about. you want to humiliate women.

i'd also suggest that women don't need men to save them from their decisions, so perhaps y'all should stop trying to prevent women from making the decisions they are entitled to make by law.

I am confident that some women do not feel guilt after an abortion, but I am equally confident that most do.

As for "old white men" imposing conditions on women's rights, last time I checked women still have the right to vote. Maybe they are imposing restraints on themselves?

The rest of your rant is baseless hyperbole with no factual basis- you have no idea what is in my head or how I feel about women or myself. You have no right to state that I want to "humiliate" women. I find your entire post offensive, puerile, and nonsensical.

By the way, I am pro choice.

Such liars the press are.

And such suckers so many of the readers are.

And, the women protesting this are idiots and sellouts.

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an
abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct
supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and
auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of
determining gestational age."

What horror!

Determining gestational age has nothing to do with it. Laying on additional guilt in the hopes of chasing her away is the sole purpose of the bill

Why would their be any guilt?

Such liars the press are.

And such suckers so many of the readers are.

And, the women protesting this are idiots and sellouts.

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an
abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct
supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and
auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of
determining gestational age."

What horror!

Determining gestational age has nothing to do with it. Laying on additional guilt in the hopes of chasing her away is the sole purpose of the bill

Like you posted previously, I don't think many women get abortions frivolously. They know what their personal situation is and are making a very difficult decision. The Virginia law is a blatant attempt to shove the fetus in their face and say.....look at what you are killing

Like you posted previously, I don't think many women get abortions frivolously. They know what their personal situation is and are making a very difficult decision. The Virginia law is a blatant attempt to shove the fetus in their face and say.....look at what you are killing

At least you acknowledge abortion as "killing".

women have a right to control what happnes inside their own bodies.

Lets remember that the main reason the country decided this one long ago was that it saved lives to make abortion legal.

Women have had ways of aborting for many long generations and pretending making abortion illegal will save lives was proven by the facts on the ground at the time untrue.

No offense, but you are so clueless about this. Some freakazoid site told you that this is the reason for the bill in Virginia and you can't be bothered thinking beyond what the partisan site told you.

If a woman is going to have an abortion, the physician (if he is interested in normal and usual practices and avoiding malpractice) WILL DO AN ULTRASOUND ANYWAY.

No offense, but you are so clueless about this. Some freakazoid site told you that this is the reason for the bill in Virginia and you can't be bothered thinking beyond what the partisan site told you.

If a woman is going to have an abortion, the physician (if he is interested in normal and usual practices and avoiding malpractice) WILL DO AN ULTRASOUND ANYWAY.

Does the woman have to look at the ultrasound or not?

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly.

Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature.

The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

You're one slow mo fo there Chris.. definately a dim bulb....

You know it's quite sad that you let others think for you.

You have been given the link to that actual bill and you can't be bothered to read it.

So, I guess I'll do your thinking for you: The woman does not HAVE to look at the ultrasound. It's offered to her, but it's her call. All very normal practices anywhere an MD is doing a first trimester abortion.

Oh, the fucking horror of it all!

If she doesnt want to look at it then why was it done?
To get the gestational age, for one. Secondly, no sane and proper physician is going to do an invasive procedure on a human blind.

It's a default procedure for any woman planning on an abortion (by a sober, sane, and licensed physician).

When an abortion is performed, don't they use an ultra sound to see what they're doing and to be sure that they've gotten every bit of the fetus out? (serious question)

No, they don't normally do an ultrasound. It is a simple D&C, no ultra sound needed.

So the procedure is invasive and moralistic, brought to you by big government.

When an abortion is performed, don't they use an ultra sound to see what they're doing and to be sure that they've gotten every bit of the fetus out? (serious question)

No, they don't normally do an ultrasound. It is a simple D&C, no ultra sound needed.

So the procedure is invasive and moralistic, brought to you by big government.
Bullshit.

An ultrasound is done for gestational age, especially if the state has a law limiting the age at which an elective abortion is done. And, most states have a limit of 12 weeks.

She doesn't know what she's talking about. There is no need for the ultrasound and most physicians wouldn't waste their time doing one.

I wonder, if this bill passes, if the state will pay for the procedure since they are the ones that wish to mandate it.

She doesn't know what she's talking about. There is no need for the ultrasound and most physicians wouldn't waste their time doing one.

I wonder, if this bill passes, if the state will pay for the procedure since they are the ones that wish to mandate it.
Bullshit, ravi.

Utter bullshit.

When there is a law limiting the gestational age at which an elective abortion can be done, there will ALWAYS be an ultrasound done by the physician. S/he will not want to lose his/her license by trusting the patient to accurately and honestly tell him/her how far along the pregnancy is.

You are simply flat wrong.

It's cheaper than having to pay for all the unwanted children who become criminals.

there are waiting list to adopt

to adopt white infants.....there are two orphanages here....i will be happy to give anyone the phone number.....none of the kids are infants

that waiting list to adopt is simply bullmal......its only for white infants

What is the waiting period to adopt?

Our current estimated waiting time for the placement of a healthy US-born Caucasian infant is approximately 2 months to only 12 months. For a healthy US-born Black or bi-racial (Caucasian/African-American) infant the estimated wait is approximately 2 to 6 months.

Oh, and don't take my word for it, even though I know what I'm talking about.

BACKGROUND: Since the mid-1990s, several states have moved to make ultrasound part of abortion service provision. Some laws and policies require that a woman seeking an abortion receive information on accessing ultrasound services, while others require that a woman undergo an ultrasound before an abortion. Since routine ultrasound is not considered medically necessary as a component of first-trimester abortion , the requirements appear to be a veiled attempt to personify the fetus and dissuade a woman from obtaining an abortion. Moreover, an ultrasound can add significantly to the cost of the procedure.
HIGHLIGHTS:
 11 states require verbal counseling or written materials to include information on accessing ultrasound services.
 20 states regulate the provision of ultrasound by abortion providers.
 7 states mandate that an abortion provider perform an ultrasound on each woman seeking an abortion, and require the provider to offer the woman the opportunity to view the image.
 9 states require that a woman be provided with the opportunity to view an ultrasound image if her provider performs the procedure as part of the preparation for an abortion.
 5 states require that a woman be provided with the opportunity to view an ultrasound image.
CONTINUED
http://www.guttmacher.org/statecente...s/spib_RFU.pdf

Forum List

Back