Vintage TV series, rebroadcast by MeTV, & ...

sear

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2015
Adirondack Park, NY
Some of the best contemporary broadcast entertainment was inspired by TV series originally broadcast in B&W.

Gunsmoke straddles that transition. While the newer color episodes of Gunsmoke may have been intended as bigger and better, the one hour (60 minute) format doesn't seem to help.
The earliest Gunsmoke episodes were both B&W, and half hour (30 minute) format. The actors were younger. And some of the plot-lines livelier.

It's also a fun peek at incestuous Hollywood, as actors & writers in these early series also appear in such crowd favorites as the Star Trek series.

Lots of fun.
They're even recycling Loony Tunes, features retirees may remember from childhood. Happy viewing.

Some of the best contemporary broadcast entertainment was inspired by TV series originally broadcast in B&W.

Gunsmoke straddles that transition. While the newer color episodes of Gunsmoke may have been intended as bigger and better, the one hour (60 minute) format doesn't seem to help.
The earliest Gunsmoke episodes were both B&W, and half hour (30 minute) format. The actors were younger. And some of the plot-lines livelier.

It's also a fun peek at incestuous Hollywood, as actors & writers in these early series also appear in such crowd favorites as the Star Trek series.

Lots of fun.
They're even recycling Loony Tunes, features retirees may remember from childhood. Happy viewing.
I like Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crawford

I recently watched all 4 seasons of Big Valley. Lots of famous guest stars like Richard Dreyfus and Joe Don Baker. And IMO the storylines were still very good and hold up well. I enjoyed it. Not to mention a very young Lee Majors is easy on the eyes.

• Banned
Yes M7 #2,
Bonanza gets a lot of attention. I share your interest in the less publicized series.
"young Lee Majors" BG #3
He's dreeeeeeeaaaaammmmmmyy !

Binge-watching Big Valley. a) zounds ! b) Perhaps we can discuss your technique. TiVo?

Yes M7 #2,
Bonanza gets a lot of attention. I share your interest in the less publicized series.

He's dreeeeeeeaaaaammmmmmyy !

Binge-watching Big Valley. a) zounds ! b) Perhaps we can discuss your technique. TiVo?
I watched it on either ROKU or a STARZ free preview not sure which I can’t remember…even though I do also have antenna TV.

• Banned
Well done. Thanks for the tip.
I live on a hilltop, & get 40+ digital TV channels. I can't watch it all. So I run a few computers 24 / 7. Each of them runs a Hauppauge quad HDTV tuner. So I can record up to 8 broadcasts simultaneously, while watching another.
It stores them on a hard drive (HDD). So they're there for me when I have the time to watch.

btw
I wasn't much of a Miss Barbara Stanwick fan until I recently started watching Big Valley. I missed the original run, so it's new to me in my dotage. But I do have a favorite episode or two.
Linda Evans is cute too.

Forum List

Back