VIDEO RELEASE: Police shooting of violent felon.

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

2DA1ECEB00000578-3283116-Brent_Andrew_Brannon_27_was_shot_and_killed_October_14_during_a_-a-44_1445460718508.jpg

Atlanta, GA - Police released dash cam video from the patrol car of a police officer who shot and killed a man during a traffic stop.

The incident started when Officer Robert Smith pulled over an SUV for a tag issue in Emerson, which is about 38 miles northwest of Atlanta.

As Smith approached the driver for the first time, everything seemed normal.

"Let me go check everything and I'll be right back with you," said Smith.

It turned out the driver, 27-year-old Brent Brannon, was wanted on several felony warrants, including drug trafficking and gun charges.

"Step out of the car for me," Smith asked, moments before using his taser.

The taser didn't work and moments later the encounter took a deadly turn.

"Drop the gun, shots fired shots fired," shouted Smith.

More than a dozen shots were fired, and as the adrenaline slowed, Smith could be seen pacing in front of his car, clearly shaken. He could then be heard off camera briefly explaining to another officer what happened.

"He pulled a gun on me," Smith explained.

The video does not show the moment Brannon allegedly pointed a gun on Smith. According to his obituary, Brannon was a veteran, having served 4 years in Afghanistan.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation continues to look into the case.
Read more at

2DA2962300000578-3283116-image-a-36_1445447375158.jpg

I just want to see USMB's resident racists take one look at the suspect's race and insist the cop "murdered him in cold blood."

Odium? Tank? Let's have it.

See we need to ban license plates. No plates, and this could all have been avoided.

Uh hum....mic check...check...check...ok.....

(Liberals): "The cop is a hot head who overreacted. He and all police need better training. All they ever do shoot first ask questions later. And....as always....since WHEN is a simple traffic violation punishable by death?"

2DA1ECEB00000578-3283116-Brent_Andrew_Brannon_27_was_shot_and_killed_October_14_during_a_-a-44_1445460718508.jpg

Atlanta, GA - Police released dash cam video from the patrol car of a police officer who shot and killed a man during a traffic stop.

The incident started when Officer Robert Smith pulled over an SUV for a tag issue in Emerson, which is about 38 miles northwest of Atlanta.

It turned out the driver, 27-year-old Brent Brannon, was wanted on several felony warrants, including drug trafficking and gun charges.

More than a dozen shots were fired, and as the adrenaline slowed, Smith could be seen pacing in front of his car, clearly shaken. He could then be heard off camera briefly explaining to another officer what happened.

The video does not show the moment Brannon allegedly pointed a gun on Smith. According to his obituary, Brannon was a veteran, having served 4 years in Afghanistan.

Read more at

Anybody else notice, how differently proportioned his face is, from one side to the other?

Should have shot him in the knee or taser him...er...wait....sprayed him. And why didn't he just take down his tag and mail him a ticket. Why didn't be just reach in and take the keys and wait for backup. He shouldn't have been so close. He shouldn't have talked to him.

And hey....notice how this renegade pig endangered the public by shooting on a highway? Huh? Yall see it? He's bad mmmkay?

Read more at

Anybody else notice, how differently proportioned his face is, from one side to the other?
I'm sure it looks even worse now.

Felony warrants? If they found a gun near the drivers seat; I'm callin' "clean shoot"...

Trigger happy much lol pathetic

If you hear right after the shooting, the suspect is still groaning, meaning he was still alive. People don't stop being a threat just because you shoot them once or twice.

Yep. Once again....proving the cop haters don't know WTF they're talking about.

"OOOOHH....HE SHOT HIM 7 TIMES! OUTRAGE!"

They think it's like the movies where the good guy takes a 1 handed shot with a revolver from 100 yards away while running and it hits the bad guy...and knocks him 20 feet backwards and instantly kills.

If you hear right after the shooting, the suspect is still groaning, meaning he was still alive. People don't stop being a threat just because you shoot them once or twice.

Shoot him once or twice without killing the man, and then cuff him. That would have done the trick.

Fuck that! Once the the threat to my life has presented itself... Shoot till the target is neutralized. A wounded man can still shoot you. Don't be a fool!

Yep. Once again....proving the cop haters don't know WTF they're talking about.

"OOOOHH....HE SHOT HIM 7 TIMES! OUTRAGE!"

They think it's like the movies where the good guy takes a 1 handed shot with a revolver from 100 yards away while running and it hits the bad guy...and knocks him 20 feet backwards and instantly kills.

There is no such thing as "good guys" and "bad guys"... especially when it comes to police and "criminals"

Shoot him once or twice without killing the man, and then cuff him. That would have done the trick.

And how would you suggest shooting him without killing him...when he is sitting in a car with a gun pointed at you? Please enlighten us.

Why do police have to risk not being able to go home at night because you want to save the life of somebody that jeopardized his?

And here's where you're hypocrisy comes into play. Had it been you, you would have emptied the clip too. That's a normal response of somebody who is in fear for their life, even Leftist twits second guessing police encounters from the safety of their mom's basement computer.

Forum List

Back