Vaccine Research Hacking

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
I’ve seen several reports over recent weeks about attempts to steal vaccine research. My question, why is research for a vaccine being protected? Why isn’t it open source so all medical professionals can put their heads together and solve this problem as quickly and effectively as possible?

My question, why is research for a vaccine being protected?
For profit and for bragging rights

Russia and China would love to be the first country to have a vaccine and they need the western nations to discover it for them

A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.

I’ve seen several reports over recent weeks about attempts to steal vaccine research. My question, why is research for a vaccine being protected? Why isn’t it open source so all medical professionals can put their heads together and solve this problem as quickly and effectively as possible?

Yeah, I never understood the negative slant to these recent reports. Shouldn't we all just be hacking each other's vaccine research? Whoever gets it right first, good for them. We'll make sure to hack those results.

Yeah, I never understood the negative slant to these recent reports. Shouldn't we all just be hacking each other's vaccine research? Whoever gets it right first, good for them. We'll make sure to hack those results.
Did you not understand the point of my OP or are you just trying to be an ass?

Forum List

Back