Utah school gives kids 'disgusting' insects to eat in class for climate assignment on cows killing the Earth

The kids like the "Ew" factor, eh? Sounds like they don't want the kids growing up squeamish. I was a Boy Scout, but didn't learn to eat bugs until the Army. I don't think they wanted us to be squeamish either. Remember if doing grass hoppers, to snap off the head and pull the hind legs before popping it into your mouth.
After libs ruin agriculture for the sake of saving the polar bears your early training in eating bugs may prove useful to you

After libs ruin agriculture for the sake of saving the polar bears your early training in eating bugs may prove useful to you
Eh, No. You were paying me. Now long retired.

Cockroaches are more intelligent than Republicans.
Really? I had a building full of them. I hired an exterminator who killed all of them. I'm not a Republican but I usually vote Republican.

Last edited:
Cows, and other livestock animals, are good for the planet, but have to be managed properly, especially their manure. In fact, farming with animals has been called "manure management".

I've never eaten an insect.... not that I know of....just the thought makes my stomach turn, so that's that.

Poor children....

In realty is is no different than eating a cow or a chicken. You only think it is because you were taught it is gross

I've never eaten an insect.... not that I know of....just the thought makes my stomach turn, so that's that.

Poor children....
Hot dogs...

In Asia, some bugs are a delicacy and some are like snacks.

Crickets can be cooked in honey or molasses as an old treat. Mom had ants once like that. She said they sated like cinnamon poppers.

Me? Rice and beans instead thanks.

The Marxist teacher's unions have nearly succeeded in destroying America.
Twenty or so years ago they pretended to care and whined every year that the students they were teaching were falling further and further behind students in the rest of the world in math and science.

They used this, their own failure, to get local communities to keep increasing local school budgets every year.

Now, they don't even pretend to care anymore as the education system has become the leftoid propaganda system.

A middle school in Utah's Nebo School District gave sixth-grade students "disgusting" insects to eat last week as part of an English assignment on climate change, claiming it would save the environment from cows which were "killing the world," according to a mom who spoke with Fox News Digital.
"Middle schoolers loved the 'ewww' factor, many of them gave bugs a try (and even a few staff members!). Many thanks to our English teachers for creating fun and engaging lessons," the Spring Canyon Middle school said about the March 7 assignment.
Bugs were purchased from a commercial site that is "safe for consumption," the district said.
The mother of one of the students – Amanda Wright – told Fox News she believed the kids were being subjected to "indoctrination" into a "dark climate change religion." She challenged the school's principal Alison Hansen on the assignment after her daughter found it uncomfortable.
The climate change assignment instructed sixth-graders to write an argumentative essay, but did not permit students to disagree. The only acceptable answer was that humans should eat insects for their protein instead of cows, which are destroying the Ozone layer with methane gas.
Some students were given extra credit as an incentive to eat the insects.
Wright complained to the administration, and set up a meeting which she recorded.
"[My daughter] wasn't given an option to give an argument," Wright said about the argumentative essay in the meeting.
"Well, the assignment was about finding facts to support," Hansen said.
"All the evidence has suggested, that we probably should be eating bugs – it's good for the environment, etc. But I didn't know that that was an offensive topic to indicate," teacher Kim Cutler said, according to an audio recording.
A separate video recording was taken by Wright's daughter in the classroom.
"How come we can't state our opinion and write that we shouldn't be eating bugs?" she asked Cutler.
"Because we don't have any evidence to support it," Cutler said.

As disgusting as that is, I don't see these kids growing up and championing for the world to eat bugs. I think this lesson backfired.

The Marxist teacher's unions have nearly succeeded in destroying America.
Twenty or so years ago they pretended to care and whined every year that the students they were teaching were falling further and further behind students in the rest of the world in math and science.

They used this, their own failure, to get local communities to keep increasing local school budgets every year.

Now, they don't even pretend to care anymore as the education system has become the leftoid propaganda system.

A middle school in Utah's Nebo School District gave sixth-grade students "disgusting" insects to eat last week as part of an English assignment on climate change, claiming it would save the environment from cows which were "killing the world," according to a mom who spoke with Fox News Digital.
"Middle schoolers loved the 'ewww' factor, many of them gave bugs a try (and even a few staff members!). Many thanks to our English teachers for creating fun and engaging lessons," the Spring Canyon Middle school said about the March 7 assignment.
Bugs were purchased from a commercial site that is "safe for consumption," the district said.
The mother of one of the students – Amanda Wright – told Fox News she believed the kids were being subjected to "indoctrination" into a "dark climate change religion." She challenged the school's principal Alison Hansen on the assignment after her daughter found it uncomfortable.
The climate change assignment instructed sixth-graders to write an argumentative essay, but did not permit students to disagree. The only acceptable answer was that humans should eat insects for their protein instead of cows, which are destroying the Ozone layer with methane gas.
Wright complained to the administration, and set up a meeting which she recorded.
"[My daughter] wasn't given an option to give an argument," Wright said about the argumentative essay in the meeting.
"All the evidence has suggested, that we probably should be eating bugs – it's good for the environment, etc. But I didn't know that that was an offensive topic to indicate," teacher Kim Cutler said, according to an audio recording.
"How come we can't state our opinion and write that we shouldn't be eating bugs?" she asked Cutler.

I've been telling my fellow Americans for years to push for the abolition of the DOE. If this does not happen then rotate their sitting RepubliCratic Duopoly Party elected officials out of office & replace them with independent constitutionally based Representatives of & for the people. KO the DOE then go for the KO of the individual states educational systems/unions. The problem lays with the American constituency NOT the g'ment officials, & below is WHY.

1) If the American constituency does not police it's g'ment the g'ment will police the American constituency!

2) People are naturally afraid or @ least cautious regarding change. An example; "It's better to hold the defensive perimeter & take the endless artillery bombardment than go onto the offense where it might be/could be/will be/should be/may be even worse than just sitting here & taking it."

3)I'm not happy with my representative but a replacement "may be" even worse.(see #2 above).

FEAR is that all powerful engine that keeps STAGNATION alive & kicking, & stagnation usually produces deterioration

I look @ life like a game of 21/Blackjack. I will ALWAYS hold @ 20, often hold @ 19, & sometimes hold(gut feeling) @ 18. If one never takes chances it's likely that stagnation will be paying one a visit, sooner or later!

Thanks to excalibur for show casing an excellent class demonstration and experiment.

John the Baptist ate locusts and honey.
Hot dogs...

In Asia, some bugs are a delicacy and some are like snacks.

Crickets can be cooked in honey or molasses as an old treat. Mom had ants once like that. She said they sated like cinnamon poppers.

Me? Rice and beans instead thanks.

In realty is is no different than eating a cow or a chicken. You only think it is because you were taught it is gross

Then I suggest you change your diet to a bug exclusive one.

Pics of your meals or it never happened.

Hey you are the silly one who said they were like steak.

Practice what you preach

Just like you all I was raised to think that eating bugs was gross.

Though I have eaten them in the past along with dog and many other things that people in the states would freak out over.

Forum List

Back