Utah Lawmakers Pass Bill to Ignore Federal Laws

Because, at least originally, we were a voluntary union. The Civil War more or less turned it into a coerced union, but the notion that states should reserve the right to leave is still supported by a lot of the population.

By contrast, the Constitution specifically states that one of the duties of the federal government is to protect the nation from external threats. So, ignoring that duty or enabling said threats can be viewed as treason.

But it is what it is.

A traitor is someone who goes against their country. Your country is the US, and it is as it is right now.

Seems the people who over use the term "traitor" simply don't like being told that they themselves are probably WORSE than those they accuse.

But it is what it is.

A traitor is someone who goes against their country. Your country is the US, and it is as it is right now.

Seems the people who over use the term "traitor" simply don't like being told that they themselves are probably WORSE than those they accuse.
People who resisted Hitler in Germany were also traitors. Whether you consider being a traitor good or bad is just as relative as how you define what a traitor is.

Given the malevolent nature of the federal government, I don't necessarily consider being a traitor to it bad.

People who resisted Hitler in Germany were also traitors. Whether you consider being a traitor good or bad is just as relative as how you define what a traitor is.

Given the malevolent nature of the federal government, I don't necessarily consider being a traitor to it bad.

It is.

However mostly I'm just saying this because there's a section of the right crowd who think anyone who doesn't support their views is a traitor, and then showing them something that makes them a traitor in their own eyes is hilarious.

As for the malevolent nature of the feds, you'd think the people would stand up against them, demand a better electoral system, a fairer system, more choice when voting.

But no, they seem to love playing the victim and enjoy the entertainment the politicians give them.

It is.

However mostly I'm just saying this because there's a section of the right crowd who think anyone who doesn't support their views is a traitor, and then showing them something that makes them a traitor in their own eyes is hilarious.

As for the malevolent nature of the feds, you'd think the people would stand up against them, demand a better electoral system, a fairer system, more choice when voting.

But no, they seem to love playing the victim and enjoy the entertainment the politicians give them.
Sure, and another amusing thing is how the federal government has a long history of calling political opponents traitors, when the US itself was started through sedition.

Forum List

Back