USPS Email Warning

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Got an email supposedly from the USPS saying they tried to deliver a package.
It basically said they tried to deliver a package but was unable to. They gave me the address and my name and phone number. The name was correct as was my phone number but the address was totally wrong.
They then requested my proper address and my credit card info so they could charge me $3 bucks so they could re deliver.
I shit you not!!! This looked VERY legit!!
I was going through what I needed to do up until they asked for my credit card info. Of course the alarm bells started ringing at that point.
Got in touch with the USPS and indeed it's a scam!!
Again it looks very legit...be warned.

Strange stuff. "I am very bothered by the Google is using your camera". I put duct tape over it.

You can buy these little slide covers for your camera.
They're about a 1/4 inch long and 3/16 wide so you can uncover your camera if you want to or keep it covered.
They work great.
1640984050693.png

And I thought you guys put tape over it so nobody would watch your chicken pecking at the keys.
I am a terrible typist. The lone time I took typing I separated my shoulder in a Wrestling match. I never took it again.

It basically said they tried to deliver a package but was unable to. They gave me the address and my name and phone number. The name was correct as was my phone number but the address was totally wrong.
They then requested my proper address and my credit card info so they could charge me $3 bucks so they could re deliver.
I was going through what I needed to do up until they asked for my credit card info. Of course the alarm bells started ringing at that point.
$3 is NOT the amount they would have charged your card ------- $3,000 maybe.

DAMN!!!! I thought I could slip that one by you, HereWeGoAgain, I really did. A tip of the hat to you.

Back to the drawing board.

HMRC (UK taxman) phoned me and wanted to take me through security questions. I said, "Hang on, what's your name and I'll ring you back". I went online, got HMRC's phone number, rang them, asked for the guy by his name and it was legitimate. It was to do with a query I had with my company.

As for emails, I constantly get emails on how my Apple, Amazon and PayPal account have all been frozen. Haven't got any of those.

If by any chance one email might look legit, you ignore any links and phone numbers in it, find the legit phone number off the legit website and ring them.

They wouldnt have gotten that much.
We use one card for internet purchases and rarely have more than $500 bucks on it.
It it's an expensive purchase we just move some cash into it.
Smart, and this kind of scam is why.

My credit union has been sending out frantic emails not to give anyone the password; some woman comes in after stealing identities and just takes all the money out of accounts. Also, there has been weird activity in mine --- three money-out, same money back in transactions this week. I think the banks are getting hit pretty hard this season.

if they dont leave you a notice its not them.....

Forum List

Back