USMB Is Reviewing The Current Reputation Breakdown. We Are Open For Input Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do USMB conservatives throw such fits when they can't neg someone?

because gang neg-repping is their thing.

it is a very serious thing, too.

There is always an audit trail so if the same posters belong to a "gang" they should be easy enough to identify. So start a "gang" thread and whenever it happens add the screen shot of the neg reps as "evidence". After it happens N number of times the Admins can then choose to suspend the gang members neg repping privileges, reinstate all of the lost rep thereby negating the gang's efforts, restrict their posting rights, remove the same amount of pos rep that they neg repped or any combination of the above.

After that happens a couple of times the gangs will figure out that it isn't worth the effort or move elsewhere.

When a poster gets negged by several posters, it's likely not what you call "gang rep". More likely the several posters are equally but independently offended.
People that show an array of red splats are nearly universally despised. No concerted effort is needed to drive their rep yet lower.

Now, if I negged with the comment we're negging you 'cause we decided you're an asshole and want to drive you from the site", you might have an argument.

There is always an audit trail so if the same posters belong to a "gang" they should be easy enough to identify. So start a "gang" thread and whenever it happens add the screen shot of the neg reps as "evidence". After it happens N number of times the Admins can then choose to suspend the gang members neg repping privileges, reinstate all of the lost rep thereby negating the gang's efforts, restrict their posting rights, remove the same amount of pos rep that they neg repped or any combination of the above.

After that happens a couple of times the gangs will figure out that it isn't worth the effort or move elsewhere.

When a poster gets negged by several posters, it's likely not what you call "gang rep". More likely the several posters are equally but independently offended.
People that show an array of red splats are nearly universally despised. No concerted effort is needed to drive their rep yet lower.

Now, if I negged with the comment we're negging you 'cause we decided you're an asshole and want to drive you from the site", you might have an argument.

Oh yes....coincidence...thats it
Just like it is a coincidence when they follow a poster from thread to thread ridiculing and heaping neg rep

Beyond that there is always blame the victim

They deserve what happens to them

Just like it is a coincidence when they follow a poster from thread to thread ridiculing and heaping neg rep

The way poet does me heaping filth and violence upon me.

sometimes one of them is dumb enough to post it openly on the board.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...ruthmatters-modus-operandi-2.html#post5055127

"We all neg her until she's the zero she is and we all ignore her. Completely!"

So you went back a year and a half to pull that one out. C&R was criticized but Libs and Cons and got the message.

Again the reference was to a former member who was held in such low esteem by nearly everyone that in 50,000 posts or so never got her rep over 275 or so.
Someone so universally held in low regard can't sanely be used as a poster child for "gang rep".

The way poet does me heaping filth and violence upon me.

ignore?

This is the Current Reputation Breakdown. It is Under Review. It's Idea Time.
==================================================

User jumps out of basement windows -5000
User should be ignored at all costs -2000
User is likely a worthless troll -1000
User is not well liked -500
User is misunderestimated -100
User is an unknown quantity at this point +-0
User could be on a school board +200
User could be police chief +1000
User Could have my own talk show +3000
User could be city mayor +5000
User could be state governor +10000
User could be state senator +15000
User could be the president +20000
User has a reputation beyond repute +30000
User could be the Buddha +40000
User could successfully start his own religion +100000
==================================================

Hasn't been changed for as far back as I can remember. Considering better Names for the Levels, and adding Levels. What's on your mind?

Let's open Pandora's Box.........:eusa_whistle: :):):)

I don't care what the breakdown is, I just think I should have more rep than everybody else. Otherwise, how can I be a force to be reckoned with?

Why do USMB conservatives throw such fits when they can't neg someone?

It's funny that they call someone that complains about being gang neg repped a whiner and then they turn around and "whine" about those who disable their rep feature.

:thup:

Don't expect them to use logic.

They can't think the way they do when they use logic, so the logic is dropped. And it's back to...

Q.E.D.

Go to the members list and sort people by rep, low to high. Pick out one or two with 4 or five red splats and read a few posts.

These people deserve ridicule and neg rep for their content and attitude. Some deserve scorn for what goes on behind the scenes as well.

There may well be several people who consistently neg certain members, but it's quite a stretch to call it an organized effort.

Since the stupidity of this thread goes on here's a plan:

Person A claims a gang neg rep to staff. Staff reviews and if true, gang neg reppers have their rep suspended for 30 days. If false, person A's rep is divided among the accused equally and person A starts over.

I don't care if people opt out of the rep system--I can still count on less than one hand the neg reps I've given in all the years here at USMB--and if I can't pos rep them, that leave more rep to give to others.

For me I enjoy giving rep to people who make me laugh, who make me think, who inspire me, who make me happy, who have contributed valuable insights or content to an interesting thread, or who otherwise make it worthwhile logging into USMB for awhile almost every day.

If I hope others will respect my opinions or insights whether or not they agree with me--probably most people don't :)--then it feels hypocritical to me to neg rep somebody just because I strongly disagree with them.

And I sure don't want to waste valuable rep to neg rep some troll that I could care less what he or she thinks about much of anything and who doesn't care how much neg rep he or she gets.

Go to the members list and sort people by rep, low to high. Pick out one or two with 4 or five red splats and read a few posts.

These people deserve ridicule and neg rep for their content and attitude. Some deserve scorn for what goes on behind the scenes as well.

There may well be several people who consistently neg certain members, but it's quite a stretch to call it an organized effort.

Call out those who have opted out of the rep system and see what they have in common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back