Use the OFFICIAL "Round Two" Debate Thread in Politics Forum

Biden missed to attack Trump over his endless list of broken promises. Still, he won because Trump has actually nothing to offer but making the rich richer.
Biden didn't want to go there, because he would get Trump started on all the things he has accomplished. Bidens 47 years of doing nothing but using his office inappropriately should be the story, and Trump's accomplishments should be able to stand on their own merit.

Biden missed to attack Trump over his endless list of broken promises. Still, he won because Trump has actually nothing to offer but making the rich richer.
Biden didn't want to go there, because he would get Trump started on all the things he has accomplished. Bidens 47 years of doing nothing but using his office inappropriately should be the story, and Trump's accomplishments should be able to stand on their own merit.
Didn´t build the wall
Didn´t drain the swamp
Didn´t end regime changes

That is not something Biden wanted to come up with, I guess.

Ok I agree treatment for addiction should be made available. That said I hate to tell Biden but you can’t force addicts to straighten out. AA will be the first to tell you a person has to want to get clean for these programs to work. Sending someone to rehab instead of jail will only work if the individual wants to change. They can also do a 12 step in jail and take responsibility for their actions. :eusa_think:
You do know that we currently do both. First jail then trial then incarcerated rehab.
Yes, I know people who have been through jail and rehab. It should stay that way. We shouldn’t give them rehab over jail because when they get out of rehab many go back to the drugs and alcohol because they didn’t want to quit in the first place. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

Unless there is a history, parole is granted and contingent upon passing drug tests.

The dirty little secret that most who have your stance ignore is this. The newly released individual is often billed for the drug test, the parole officer, court costs....

This on top of the penalties and fees that are outside of the court system. Like getting the Drivers license or occupational license renewed. This in addition to the hit their credit history probably took because they’re not paying Visa while in jail.

Then we expect them to get a job and pay utilities, rent, food, etc....child support...right out of prison.

If they don’t do the drug test or see their PO....that is a PV and they get a warrant issued.
My daughters ex is an alcoholic.
They went to Applebee’s for dinner and surprise surprise he got drunk. Somebody said something about his drunkenness and he got into a fight. The manager tried to stop him and got a broken jaw. He gets arrested. Then we find out this isn’t his first alcoholic shit show. He got drunk and beat the crap out of his last girlfriend. He was released and given a program. He never finished the program so a warrant was issued for his arrest. So he rots in jail and gets out a couple of weeks ago. My daughter has broken up with him and wants nothing to do with him. We catch him sniffing around my daughters car and run him off. My daughter starts applying for for a restraining order.
Last week asshole stole a car and was drunk driving when he was arrested. My daughters surprised but I’m not shocked, it’s far from my first rodeo with addiction.

The point being Biden whining about how addicts don’t need jail they need rehab is a load of crap. They need jail even if it’s a day,repeat offenders need hard time, they can get a 12 step in jail. I have zero sympathy for repeat offenders. I’ve seen first hand the havoc they cause. A 17 year old friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. Another killed while driving drunk. I’ve seen a mother throw herself on the casket of her dead son weeping because it’s time to lower the casket. I’ve heard the wailing of the family because their daughter was run down and killed feet from their front door. I don’t care if addicts pay for shit, they should be responsible for their actions. The families and friends of the people they impact pay for life, so should they. Laura’s twin sister has had to live without her since 1981. Can that be fixed? What about her?

Most addicts are not assaulting people. Yours is not an apples to apples comparison.

Ok I agree treatment for addiction should be made available. That said I hate to tell Biden but you can’t force addicts to straighten out. AA will be the first to tell you a person has to want to get clean for these programs to work. Sending someone to rehab instead of jail will only work if the individual wants to change. They can also do a 12 step in jail and take responsibility for their actions. :eusa_think:
You do know that we currently do both. First jail then trial then incarcerated rehab.
Yes, I know people who have been through jail and rehab. It should stay that way. We shouldn’t give them rehab over jail because when they get out of rehab many go back to the drugs and alcohol because they didn’t want to quit in the first place. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

Unless there is a history, parole is granted and contingent upon passing drug tests.

The dirty little secret that most who have your stance ignore is this. The newly released individual is often billed for the drug test, the parole officer, court costs....

This on top of the penalties and fees that are outside of the court system. Like getting the Drivers license or occupational license renewed. This in addition to the hit their credit history probably took because they’re not paying Visa while in jail.

Then we expect them to get a job and pay utilities, rent, food, etc....child support...right out of prison.

If they don’t do the drug test or see their PO....that is a PV and they get a warrant issued.
They went to Applebee’s for dinner and surprise surprise he got drunk. Somebody said something about his drunkenness and he got into a fight. The manager tried to stop him and got a broken jaw. He gets arrested. Then we find out this isn’t his first alcoholic shit show. He got drunk and beat the crap out of his last girlfriend. He was released and given a program. He never finished the program so a warrant was issued for his arrest. So he rots in jail and gets out a couple of weeks ago. My daughter has broken up with him and wants nothing to do with him. We catch him sniffing around my daughters car and run him off. My daughter starts applying for for a restraining order.
Last week asshole stole a car and was drunk driving when he was arrested. My daughters surprised but I’m not shocked, it’s far from my first rodeo with addiction.

The point being Biden whining about how addicts don’t need jail they need rehab is a load of crap. They need jail even if it’s a day,repeat offenders need hard time, they can get a 12 step in jail. I have zero sympathy for repeat offenders. I’ve seen first hand the havoc they cause. A 17 year old friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. Another killed while driving drunk. I’ve seen a mother throw herself on the casket of her dead son weeping because it’s time to lower the casket. I’ve heard the wailing of the family because their daughter was run down and killed feet from their front door. I don’t care if addicts pay for shit, they should be responsible for their actions. The families and friends of the people they impact pay for life, so should they. Laura’s twin sister has had to live without her since 1981. Can that be fixed? What about her?

Most addicts are not assaulting people. Yours is not an apples to apples comparison.
I grew up around the corner from a bar called The Red Arrow and a package store. Let me tell you about some of the other shit I’ve seen that will equal it out for you. In the end it’s all a shit show, not just the violence so stop defending bad behavior.

Drunks walking into my house.
Drunks peeing on the side of my house.
Drunks parking in our driveway to sleep it off.
Drunks driving through our back yard tearing it up.
Broken bottles in our lawn that cut my sister’s foot open.
Endless fights
Nakedness
Sex

I also have addicts in my family so I can keep going on and on with bullshit stories. There’s no defending it.

I grew up around the corner from a bar called The Red Arrow and a package store. Let me tell you about some of the other shit I’ve seen that will equal it out for you. In the end it’s all a shit show, not just the violence so stop defending bad behavior.

Drunks walking into my house.
Drunks peeing on the side of my house.
Drunks parking in our driveway to sleep it off.
Drunks driving through our back yard tearing it up.
Broken bottles in our lawn that cut my sister’s foot open.
Endless fights
Nakedness
Sex

I also have addicts in my family so I can keep going on and on with bullshit stories. There’s no defending it.
Sorry you went through that mess. Good grief.

Forum List

Back