US Soldier given 100 years in prison

Actually, the tribal feudalism is a BIG part of the problem, and for all intents and purposes, the tribe IS their country. And anyone from another tribe encroaching is an enemy, be it us, the Shia, or Jesus Christ.

Jillian and I have been saying the same from Day One. If somebody like me - from the arseend of the world - could see it so plainly, why couldn't Bush? Rhetorical question. I think Bush's minders (even he himself, but I doubt it) knew that anyway, but didn't care. It's all politics.

I think, they (the Bush Admin) think something along these lines: Let's go to their world, so we keep America safe so at the end of our term we can say there were no attacks on American soil.

However, if you lose 3000+ men and women anyway.......

That would seem the easiest solution, but I think one would not tolerate the existence of the others.

They've been fighting for thousands of years. Nothing we are going to do is going to change that. At some point, if they each have their wealth and sphere of influence and they keep killing each other, it's on them.

The sad part is that the only way to control it is a leader who keeps his foot on their neck like Saddam did.

If only rapists in the United States got 100 years in prison instead of walking away with sentences like 30 days or a few months...

it's interesting to me how liberals are SO concerned about a few at war troop rapes in Iraq when they show so LITTLE concern over the great numbers of rapes within their own country...

If only rapists in the United States got 100 years in prison instead of walking away with sentences like 30 days or a few months...

it's interesting to me how liberals are SO concerned about a few at war troop rapes in Iraq when they show so LITTLE concern over the great numbers of rapes within their own country...

What is 'your' beef here, the light sentence or the heavy sentence?

It seems to me that you are mongering one way or another.

Their superior officers and ultimately their head of state certainly weren't responsible, were they? Can you see the difference?

Your comment is born of the same logic that parents should be put to death if thier child is a murderer. The soldiers were held accountable to a higher standard and punished accordingly. IF the crimes were endemic to the unit that would indicate a leadership failure, and the CO would have been relieved as appropriate.

ITA that the crime of rape within the USA is punished lightly in most cases. However, this continues to demonstrate that our troops are held to higher standards than the nation they serve. Daily Kos pissed me off and I wrote about that here.

Double standards is my point, you either see it or you don't, I don't care if you do or don't, you have to live with your own consience, so you tell yourself whatever you do to make it through the day.

Once a again a con making a blank statement he knows nothing about. What makes you think we don't care about rapists in this country. It's the phucking lawyers who constantly trying to shorten thier sentences. I say put Child molesters/rapists away for 100+ years and put them in GENERAL POPULATION.

Double standards is my point, you either see it or you don't, I don't care if you do or don't, you have to live with your own consience, so you tell yourself whatever you do to make it through the day.

You don't get any cool points for ducking the hard part of a conversation. Hope you don't do that in real life.

Eminem participating in the chorus doesn't make it an Eminem song. Also, if you click on the link, it was Immortal Technique and Mos Def, not Em. I could be wrong, but I think the only rap Em adds to right now is Akon's Smack Dat.

If you look at the forum rules, you still need to link material that isn't yours. I'm not quite sure why that would trouble you. I figure if someone writes words that resonate for you, you should want to attribute them properly, unless, of course, you want people to think the words are yours.

Your last one was Immortal Technique's Cause of Death, btw....

its cool your down with this i just edited out the the credits and repetitive chorus so it would read smoothly as it was not being sung or accompanied with music and just missed the eminem part of the credit, this is a virtual reality i could care less if someone thought EOTS wrote it or not getting out the message is what matters to me and i thought on this forum the deadprez immortal technique or jadakiss ect wouldint mean anything to anyone i am thrilled to see i was wrong

its cool your down with this i just edited out the the credits and repetitive chorus so it would read smoothly as it was not being sung or accompanied with music and just missed the eminem part of the credit, this is a virtual reality i could care less if someone thought EOTS wrote it or not getting out the message is what matters to me and i thought on this forum the deadprez immortal technique or jadakiss ect wouldint mean anything to anyone i am thrilled to see i was wrong

I happen to like Eminem and a few other rappers. I don't think much of Immortal Technique, to tell the truth. The underground rappers are a bit much for me. Plus, I find his politics really silly. Just my opinion and, of course, you're free to differ.

Attribution is one of my bug-a-boos, though. Aside from it being board rule, it's the right thing to do.

And you never know who's going to *get* what you're saying and actually care about the content. :thup:

Forum List

Back