US Senators Have $96 Million In Stocks, Including Companies They Oversee

Several lawmakers hold shares in companies they oversee, the analysis found. Sen. Richard Shelby owns between $1 million and $5 million worth of stock in Tuscaloosa Title Company, a private real estate insurance firm, despite sitting on Senate housing and insurance subcommittees. Nine other members of the Senate banking committee hold financial stocks including Sen. Doug Jones, Sen. John Kennedy, and Sen. Robert Menendez.

US senators have reportedly piled up to $96 million into stocks, including companies they regulate | Markets Insider

I'm sure it's all honest.
When I worked for the Government, you had to disclose your stock holdings every year

If you were assigned to a contract, you either had to excuse yourself or sell the stock

Several lawmakers hold shares in companies they oversee, the analysis found. Sen. Richard Shelby owns between $1 million and $5 million worth of stock in Tuscaloosa Title Company, a private real estate insurance firm, despite sitting on Senate housing and insurance subcommittees. Nine other members of the Senate banking committee hold financial stocks including Sen. Doug Jones, Sen. John Kennedy, and Sen. Robert Menendez.

US senators have reportedly piled up to $96 million into stocks, including companies they regulate | Markets Insider

When I worked for the Government, you had to disclose your stock holdings every year

If you were assigned to a contract, you either had to excuse yourself or sell the stock
Unless you are a senator or a congressman, then you can own and manage whatever stocks you want.

Unless you are a senator or a congressman, then you can own and manage whatever stocks you want.
LOL

They are the ones who forced the rules on Federal Employees because they could not be trusted

LOL

They are the ones who forced the rules on Federal Employees because they could not be trusted

Trusted with what? If you pickup garbage for the federal government, what would they care what stocks you have?

LOL

Trusted with what? If you pickup garbage for the federal government, what would they care what stocks you have?

There are no garbage collectors in the federal government
That would be your line of work

Politicians have the same right to own stocks as Hollywood celebs or you and me.
No, you don't. There are laws about insider trading that you have to follow that limit your ability to own or sell stocks. Those laws do not apply to congressmen.

They have MORE rights than you, me or Hollywood celebs to own stocks.

LOL

Oh sure there are, just like maintenance guys that work for the federal government, floor sweepers and washers, or grounds keepers. They have no influence on the companies they own stock with. Again, that's only on the higher levels where favors can be exchanged.

LOL

Oh sure there are, just like maintenance guys that work for the federal government, floor sweepers and washers, or grounds keepers. They have no influence on the companies they own stock with. Again, that's only on the higher levels where favors can be exchanged.
The federal government has no maintenance workers, floor sweepers, or groundskeepers

Those jobs were contracted out 50 years ago

LOL

The federal government has no maintenance workers, floor sweepers, or groundskeepers

Hmmmm, very strange. Because one of my former coworkers claimed that's pretty much what he did here at NASA when he worked there.

LOL

Hmmmm, very strange. Because one of my former coworkers claimed that's pretty much what he did here at NASA when he worked there.

I started working Federal Government in 1978 and menial jobs had been contracted out in the early 60s

I can assure you NASA does not have floor sweepers on the payroll

I started working Federal Government in 1978 and menial jobs had been contracted out in the early 60s

Most places have contracted it out. That is not a universal truth.

Most places have contracted it out. That is not a universal truth.
That is my experience

Very few corporations have janitors and groundskeepers on the payroll

Forum List

Back