US Economy adds over 500,000 jobs in May

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

The economy is slowly crawling out of the pandemic inspired recession. Now we have a President who knows that we cannot get back to normal without defeating COVID. Last year at this time, things were bleak and the resident at the WH was still trying to deny that there was a pandemic.

Less than expected, but it could reduce inflationary pressure. In fact, a more moderate recovery overall would have some benefits, as compared to a boom.

We'll see. Nobody knows for sure.
The supply/demand imbalance is the main reason we are seeing inflationary pressures in many parts of the economy. I think we will see the steep price increase that we are now seeing settle somewhat once supply catches up with demand. For over a year, factories and wholesalers were shut down. They cannot just flip a switch and get back to 100% productivity. I am by no means an economic expert, but common sense tells us to be patient.

Less than expected, but it could reduce inflationary pressure. In fact, a more moderate recovery overall would have some benefits, as compared to a boom.

We'll see. Nobody knows for sure.
The supply/demand imbalance is the main reason we are seeing inflationary pressures in many parts of the economy. I think we will see the steep price increase that we are now seeing settle somewhat once supply catches up with demand. For over a year, factories and wholesalers were shut down. They cannot just flip a switch and get back to 100% productivity. I am by no means an economic expert, but common sense tells us to be patient.
Yep, supply disruptions are playing a significant role in the inflation numbers, but they're beginning to get ironed out. This could just be a spike.

There are also not enough people looking for jobs right now, and that's a part of the disappointing jobs numbers.

Fingers crossed.

There are also not enough people looking for jobs right, and that's a part of the disappointing jobs numbers.
Supply and Demand says employers would need to offer higher pay.
No way they want to do that
Yeah, there are only so many moving parts. They can try to cut costs in other areas, for example.

But some nice wage inflation would be a good thing, and we are seeing that now.

There are also not enough people looking for jobs right, and that's a part of the disappointing jobs numbers.

They will when they can make more from the new workers than it cost to hire them. There's a reason McDonald's in the upper midwest was paying almost $20/hr during the fracking boom.

Here is what Corporations did with the windfall from the trump 2017 tax rate reductions:

Yup, they bought back their own stocks in an effort to make their investors more money. Rather than invest in workers or the business directly, they filled the pockets of their stock holders.

Nice echo chamber gals. Reality and teh voice of reason:

"teh"?

Here is what Corporations did with the windfall from the trump 2017 tax rate reductions:

Yup, they bought back their own stocks in an effort to make their investors more money. Rather than invest in workers or the business directly, they filled the pockets of their stock holders.

They no longer care about market forces when it comes to salaries

The economy is slowly crawling out of the pandemic inspired recession. Now we have a President who knows that we cannot get back to normal without defeating COVID. Last year at this time, things were bleak and the resident at the WH was still trying to deny that there was a pandemic.
Over 8 million unemployed is not leadership I can believe in

Wanna compare the numbers from May 2020....when The Don was in the WH?....(although he still thinks he is)

Naw....I don't think you do...

Yes, Trump did suck the big one when it came to people losing their jobs. And after Obama handed him a near-perfect economy, with under 5% unemployment. But like everything Trump touches, it went to shit.

President Trump pushed Operation Warp Speed and he was successful. face mask did not do the job , the vaccines did it. now dementia joe is trying to take credit.

President Trump pushed Operation Warp Speed and he was successful. face mask did not do the job , the vaccines did it. now dementia joe is trying to take credit.
OVER 200 million got the vaccine under the Amazing Biden

Fat Donnie was ashamed to get vaccinated himself and snuck off and wouldn’t allow any photos

"teh"?

Spell check is all you have cupcake?

OVER 200 million got the vaccine under the Amazing Biden

Fat Donnie was ashamed to get vaccinated himself and snuck off and wouldn’t allow any photos
I was asked by our local hospital to get people shots. In 100% of the cases where someone refuses to get the vaccine, I have found the people to be MAGA trump humpers. We who actually got the vaccine are carrying the deniers who refuse to get the shots. As usual, he MAGA nuts are holding back our country's recovery. I can only assume they want the country to fail.

Forum List

Back