US drops charges against judge accused of helping illegal immigrant avoid ICE capture

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Is justice blind or political?

A Massachusetts judge accused of helping an illegal immigrant evade an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer reached an agreement with federal prosecutors more than three years after her indictment.

U.S. Attorney for the District of Rhode Island Zachary Cunha announced Thursday that Newton District Court Judge Shelley Joseph will refer herself to the Massachusetts Commission on Judicial Conduct for discipline rather than face federal prosecution.

"This case is about the conduct of a sitting state court judge, on the bench, in the course of her judicial duties. Its purpose has been to shed light on, and, as warranted, to secure accountability for that conduct," Cunha said in a statement. "After I was assigned to oversee this matter, I undertook a full and comprehensive review of the evidence, the applicable law, and relevant equitable and prudential factors. Having done so, I have concluded that the interests of justice are best served by review of this matter before the body that oversees the conduct of Massachusetts state court judges, rather than in a continued federal criminal prosecution."

A Massachusetts judge accused of helping an illegal immigrant evade an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer reached an agreement with federal prosecutors more than three years after her indictment.

U.S. Attorney for the District of Rhode Island Zachary Cunha announced Thursday that Newton District Court Judge Shelley Joseph will refer herself to the Massachusetts Commission on Judicial Conduct for discipline rather than face federal prosecution.

"This case is about the conduct of a sitting state court judge, on the bench, in the course of her judicial duties. Its purpose has been to shed light on, and, as warranted, to secure accountability for that conduct," Cunha said in a statement. "After I was assigned to oversee this matter, I undertook a full and comprehensive review of the evidence, the applicable law, and relevant equitable and prudential factors. Having done so, I have concluded that the interests of justice are best served by review of this matter before the body that oversees the conduct of Massachusetts state court judges, rather than in a continued federal criminal prosecution."

In this day and age it is completely political. The hallmark of a fascist State.

Shocking I tell ya.

Forum List

Back