US district Judge rules ban on guns for felon is unconstitutional

Yeah but, .........but give it a try.
Show the forum your chops. That you got game.
That there is a there there with you.

So again......are the Democrats rigging all elections? Any elections? If so, which ones. Name names. And explain to us how you know?

Saddle up, Skippy, show the forum whatcha got.
Watch this video. It does not take democrats rigging all elections, but just around 7-9 elections and suddenly Biden is president.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Well, if one manages to earn a life sentence, the rights of such an inmate are pretty much gone forever.

Don’t get me wrong. I understand your point. But there is another side to it.

Another instance: let’s talk about some child molester. He gets convicted by a jury after a perfectly fair trial loaded with tons of only credible evidence. He goes to prison. Great. But, when he gets out, he also has a lifetime obligation to register as a sez offender.

He might complain, “but I served my time.” Our collective societal reply might be: “Yes. You did. But you’re nevertheless required to register as a sex offender and alert your neighbors to your status. And there are also related restrictions on where you are even allowed to reside. And if you don’t like it, tough shit.”
It should still require a Constitutional amendment to extend any punitive actions by the state beyond the sentence for the crimes committed after the sentence is served. That should be an easy thing, as few in the country are reviled as sex offenders rightly are.

Judges cant just make shit up.
But I remember your ridiculous boot licking posts in my gag order thread.
You are dismissed.
Constitutionally unenumerated rights are argued before courts all the time. Different judges have different opinions. Had Heller gone to trial when there was a liberal majority the gun rights landscape would look very different. The decision wasn't based on the Constitution but rather the conservative's interpretation of it. Miss civics class that day?

It should still require a Constitutional amendment to extend any punitive actions by the state beyond the sentence for the crimes committed after the sentence is served. That should be an easy thing, as few in the country are reviled as sex offenders rightly are.
I don’t believe it would require a Constitutional Amendment.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Of course not, it's a silly discussion. The Constitution says you can restrict a criminal's Constitutional rights when they are convicted of a crime. That is already clear. Al is being silly wanting it to specify you can lose your dinner AND have to go bed early. That's already clear. The punishment is set by legislation. The Constitution says you have to give them due process, a speedy trial, etc.

Last edited:
Originalism is the baseline. The Founders already considered and added the potential for change, the amendment process. The rejection of originalism stems from the foolish desire to avoid going through the proper methods to create the changes the Founders clearly understood.
You missed the point. Originalism isn't actually originalism. Originalism is pretending that the founders believed whatever it is they want to believe.

Constitutionally unenumerated rights are argued before courts all the time. Different judges have different opinions. Had Heller gone to trial when there was a liberal majority the gun rights landscape would look very different. The decision wasn't based on the Constitution but rather the conservative's interpretation of it. Miss civics class that day?
I agree. Heller was horrible. There is no restrictions in the constitution. They just made that shit up.

You missed the point. Originalism isn't actually originalism. Originalism is pretending that the founders believed whatever it is they want to believe.
We have what they wrote and signed. We have their debates recorded. We have their discussions on the topics.
I know that wont pentrate your statist brain, but that is the reality of it.

Why? Should all convicted felons be forced to register and face similar restrictions according to their crimes? Other groups can be added to the list, once you give the government that power. Which leads to the same question as always, where does it end? Best to do it right than let things get out of hand. If people are too dangerous to live in society and exercise all of their rights, they shouldn't be released in the first place.

Hamilton was shot with a privately owned handgun with no connection to a militia.

Do you get your news from a hand cranked press? If not, you clearly do not understand Constitutional rulings on technology.
You apparently don't know shit about firearms.
"Privately owned" doesn't even come close to describing "type" of gun.
As in "make."

Hardly, we have the Constitution, we have the history of how they governed. You folks simply want to ignore the Constitution when it doesn't suit you or change it through 'interpretation' because you can't get the support necessary to amend it.

We have what they wrote and signed. We have their debates recorded. We have their discussions on the topics.

And nowhere did they ever say that when one punishment ends they all have to end. You made that up

And that doesn’t get you very far. They disagree. They’re vague. They’re inconsistent. They don’t address the issue at hand.

Originalism requires interpretation and a motivated conservative judge no doubt has an easy time ignoring some things and emphasizing others to reach the conclusion they want.

Well, if one manages to earn a life sentence, the rights of such an inmate are pretty much gone forever.

Don’t get me wrong. I understand your point. But there is another side to it.

Another instance: let’s talk about some child molester. He gets convicted by a jury after a perfectly fair trial loaded with tons of only credible evidence. He goes to prison. Great. But, when he gets out, he also has a lifetime obligation to register as a sez offender.

He might complain, “but I served my time.” Our collective societal reply might be: “Yes. You did. But you’re nevertheless required to register as a sex offender and alert your neighbors to your status. And there are also related restrictions on where you are even allowed to reside. And if you don’t like it, tough shit.”
I have an opinion on that. I also know a sex offender. This clown spotted a teen girl by her car that had ran out of gas. He told her he had gas for he at his job. She went with him to his job and he gave her gas. Of course the gas was not his to give.
Rape cases normally omit details. But this I know. He encouraged her to look at a motor home that his company had on it's lot. Inside he raped this high schooler.

Her family got onto her over coming home late. She ends up telling her parents she got raped and showed the cops where it happened.

This guy was convicted. And after this he left CA and lives now in Nevada where he is a registered sex offender. His sentence for rape was not very long. His disclosure is forever he lives.

This dude had a habit of having sex with women whose cars he repaired. Even when repairing them he cheated the shit out of the women. Such as this crappy stunt. A woman comes to his job. Her car has problems. He finds the problem and fixes it. But worse, he also sprays cleaner on her carburettor and charges her full price for a brand new carburetor. Fucking chicken shit. And of course the teen suffered a crime against her.

You apparently don't know shit about firearms.
"Privately owned" doesn't even come close to describing "type" of gun.
As in "make."
Irrelevant, given the fact that changes in technology do not change the nature of inalienable rights.

They were Wogden and Barton smooth bore dueling pistols. That is the only free lesson you get.

Forum List

Back