Ups and downs: Trump’s $27m-a-mile border wall being scaled with $5 ladders

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

"Build it and they will come "

Migration is a direct result of Reagans war on drugs that you have been losing for decades. Why not sort that out and solve the problem ? The wall is a ridiculous waste of money, a sticking plaster on a broken leg.

I can't disagree with you that the war on drugs have caused a lot of problems. I am all for making all drugs legal. It should be up to every adult human, to be able to decide what they want to put into their bodies. Most of them do it anyway illegally. But their is big money in the criminal justice system and big black ops money in the Gov selling the illegal drugs. It is just another scam just like everything else.

I can't disagree with you that the war on drugs have caused a lot of problems. I am all for making all drugs legal. It should be up to every adult human, to be able to decide what they want to put into their bodies. Most of them do it anyway illegally. But their is big money in the criminal justice system and big black ops money in the Gov selling the illegal drugs. It is just another scam just like everything else.
Its the largest untaxed area of the economy in any country.

It would make sense to make all drugs legal, especially plant based ones and they could make lots of tax dollars off of them. Here in the US, Marijuana has atleast become legal in a few states. So that is going in the right direction.

Have you ever wondered why one of the reasons that US is in Afghanistan? Think about what Afghanistan produces the most.

Migration is a direct result of Reagans war on drugs that you have been losing for decades. Why not sort that out and solve the problem ? The wall is a ridiculous waste of money, a sticking plaster on a broken leg.
CBP has said since before the Wall was even designed that it would just slow people down so they could spot 'em and catch 'em. They were perfectly aware people would climb over it. They're also cutting through it, or moving their crossing area to where there's no wall. All these things were predicted. CBP still wanted it though, and it has worked really well in stopping illegal crossings in some areas.

It's not stopping drugs much, because they come through checkpoints, mostly, and now they're also bringing them in by boat up the coast. But a mom with two toddlers isn't going to climb the wall. A lot of people won't. If it makes it easier to catch them, good on the Wall.

You like those blue tarp and tent cities of drug addicts lining the streets of most major cities, eh?

You like those blue tarp and tent cities of drug addicts lining the streets of most major cities, eh?

Drugs are illegal and they are still in tent cities and drugged up. Instead of locking people up for it, that money can be used for helping people get better. A few countries have legalized drugs and it worked out well. Although it is the US, so who knows. :auiqs.jpg: I don't think it could get much worse though.

CBP has said since before the Wall was even designed that it would just slow people down so they could spot 'em and catch 'em. They were perfectly aware people would climb over it. They're also cutting through it, or moving their crossing area to where there's no wall. All these things were predicted. CBP still wanted it though, and it has worked really well in stopping illegal crossings in some areas.

It's not stopping drugs much, because they come through checkpoints, mostly, and now they're also bringing them in by boat up the coast. But a mom with two toddlers isn't going to climb the wall. A lot of people won't. If it makes it easier to catch them, good on the Wall.
A fleeting moment of lucidity, I'm sure.

It would make sense to make all drugs legal, especially plant based ones and they could make lots of tax dollars off of them. Here in the US, Marijuana has atleast become legal in a few states. So that is going in the right direction.

Have you ever wondered why one of the reasons that US is in Afghanistan? Think about what Afghanistan produces the most.

I might be a few years out of date but when we went in heroin was the warlords only source of income. The only legal source of heroin in the West was some place in the Aussie desert. A case was made for buying all the Afghan supply and paying the farmer direct. It would have been cheaper than a 20 year war.

Drugs are illegal and they are still in tent cities and drugged up. Instead of locking people up for it, that money can be used for helping people get better. A few countries have legalized drugs and it worked out well. Although it is the US, so who knows. :auiqs.jpg: I don't think it could get much worse though.
Portugal has legalised drugs and it is working very well.

They aren’t being locked up. That’s why they’re in tent cities. There is no war on drugs.
Drug abuse leads to addiction and more crime. That’s why they should not be legal. It goes way beyond what one person does to their own body.

When you only implement partial solutions, you get partial results.

This is a dishonest evaluation of the border protection that had been started.

I might be a few years out of date but when we went in heroin was the warlords only source of income. The only legal source of heroin in the West was some place in the Aussie desert. A case was made for buying all the Afghan supply and paying the farmer direct. It would have been cheaper than a 20 year war.

The US is in their to control the poppi, so no one will get their hands on it but them. But their is talk of pulling out of Afghanistan. We will see what happens with that. When I was in Afghanistan, you will never guess who I picked up off a C-130. No other then Oliver North. Not sure if you remember the Contras.

Portugal has legalised drugs and it is working very well.

Exactly!

They aren’t being locked up. That’s why they’re in tent cities. There is no war on drugs.
Drug abuse leads to addiction and more crime. That’s why they should not be legal. It goes way beyond what one person does to their own body.

There is good points to both sides of the argument. I would much rather have a free and open society and far less government dictating what I can and can't do. If you don't believe their is a war on drugs in the US, besides doing your own duckduckgo search, read this:

War on Drugs, the effort in the United States since the 1970s to combat illegal drug use by greatly increasing penalties, enforcement, and incarceration for drug offenders.

The War on Drugs began in June 1971 when U.S. Pres. Richard Nixon declared drug abuse to be “public enemy number one” and increased federal funding for drug-control agencies and drug-treatment efforts. In 1973 the Drug Enforcement Administration was created out of the merger of the Office for Drug Abuse Law Enforcement, the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, and the Office of Narcotics Intelligence to consolidate federal efforts to control drug abuse.

The War on Drugs was a relatively small component of federal law-enforcement efforts until the presidency of Ronald Reagan, which began in 1981. Reagan greatly expanded the reach of the drug war and his focus on criminal punishment over treatment led to a massive increase in incarcerations for nonviolent drug offenses, from 50,000 in 1980 to 400,000 in 1997.

The US is in their to control the poppi, so no one will get their hands on it but them. But their is talk of pulling out of Afghanistan. We will see what happens with that. When I was in Afghanistan, you will never guess who I picked up off a C-130. No other then Oliver North. Not sure if you remember the Contras.
Vaguely. Wasnt his Secretary as fit as fuck ? Was he shagging her ?

Vaguely. Wasnt his Secretary as fit as fuck ? Was he shagging her ?

I really don't know about his Secretary. :D Here is a bit on North though from the britannica, since they have been pretty accurate on these kind of things:

North graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and served in the Vietnam War. In 1981 he was assigned to the National Security Council, where his work focused on Central America. Embracing the cause of the Nicaraguan contras, he raised private donations for them. In 1986, after Congressional investigation of the Iran-Contra Affair, he was reluctantly dismissed by then president Ronald Reagan. In 1988 North was indicted for conspiracy to defraud the government and resigned from the Marine Corps. At his 1989 trial, he was found guilty of obstructing the U.S. Congress, destroying documents, and accepting an illegal gratuity and was sentenced to two years’ probation. In 1991, after a prosecution witness claimed that his testimony had been tainted, all charges against North were dropped.

Looking at it now, he may have just been the fall guy for the government.

The biggest question I have is: Where are they selling 5 dollar ladders? Every ladder I ever bought was unreasonably expensive.

1619261113224.png

Forum List

Back