Union Thugs Invoke Jesus To Bash Wal Mart

I hate their products. They sell crap. Their food also sucks. If I want to have stupid people be rude to me, I can just post on the Daily Kos or DU instead of driving to my local Walmart to be abused by their incompetent workers.

I agree AND disagree. First, I'd like to ask if you have timberwolves for dogs. I've had the same gates for about 8 years, with a forty pound dog using them as leaning posts.

I agree about the tools; however, I use tools for a living and require much better than weekend warrior, "Mr Toolbelt" quality. My wife has no problem with them. They're suitable for tinkering, and that's who they're marketed to. They can't and don't, nor even try to compete with Home Depot/Lowes and Sears.

Target's tools are as cheezy as Walmart's, and their clothing at about the same quality level. Sears brand clothing is as well. The option to buy brand name clothing at Sears is the cheater to that.

The goceries where I live are much better at Walmart than Target. Personally, I use HEB, an actual grocery store.

I haven't noticed the personnel at Walmart being anymore rude than they are at McDonald's, Target, Macy's, Sears, nor th econvenience store. That is our current culture .... they are there to collect a check and providing service to you is just a minor incovenience in pursuit of that.

I'm by no means placing Walmart above the rest, nor am I particularly a supporter. However, once hearing the actual facts regarding the villification of Walmart, I think it's BS. The unions created and perpetuate the myth that Walmart pays less and has no benefits. Sure, it pays less and has less benefits than the union. The catch is, when you get done paying union dues and for the benefits, you usually taking home less than if you weren't in the union.

Unions have a purpose, but they have lost sight of that, and priced themselves out of the market here. They're struggling, and it's for the aforementioned reasons. I also am not a fan of their exclusionary practices, and I've had more than a few words with union snobs who think they can treat non-union people as inferior.

Then there's the fact that former union employees who come to work with my company spend a lot of time demanding their rights and not doing their work. They're clock-punchers, not producers.

Maybe its just Arkansas, but I find the Wally World folks MORE attuned to my needs, and wants, and much more courteous, than other stores I shop at, even the local markets, and retail outlets, some of which are family owned, and ran.

Two of the techs that work in our shop have their wife's working at Wally World for the benefits, and discounts.

I'm a small business owner, and quite a few people in our home town won't be coming back here, cause their out, and out dick heads, and we've asked them to leave, and not come back.

Not something I'm particularly proud of, but the IQ level of today's shopper is around 50, and their rude.

I demand the "two-way street" method of doing business from my customers, and we'll actually meet you much more than half way.

Oh, and I've been in business for 30 plus years.

Popular? Powerful ? Profitable ?----attack it. It needs to be made mediocre --the only politcally correct quality other than victimhood.

You forgot one though, rape it financially for all it's worth....I wonder if these unions can promise better jobs to the thousands employed with Walmart if they succeed in bringing it down???

Jesus was a Union Man. He, above all else, believed in the organization of mankind to the benefit of all. The corporations organize amongst themselves to exclude the interests of their workers and to limit the choices of their customers. What is so wrong with the workers organizing for the only benefit of exercising their rights to fair and transparent business?

There are certainly bad apples in the barrel of unions available to the workers. The workers have to sort all that out. The corporations, including Wal-Mart, out spend them all, good and bad, 10 to 1 in propaganda designed only to support personal and market exploitation. Jesus would not approve.

Psychoblues

Jesus was a Union Man. He, above all else, believed in the organization of mankind to the benefit of all. The corporations organize amongst themselves to exclude the interests of their workers and to limit the choices of their customers. What is so wrong with the workers organizing for the only benefit of exercising their rights to fair and transparent business?

There are certainly bad apples in the barrel of unions available to the workers. The workers have to sort all that out. The corporations, including Wal-Mart, out spend them all, good and bad, 10 to 1 in propaganda designed only to support personal and market exploitation. Jesus would not approve.

Psychoblues

Jesus would go into Act II of trashing the temple if he ever walked into a union office or meeting.

Unions are good for people like you who can't think or do for themselves.

I like grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, they're sometimes cheaper. However, their produce and fruit leave much to be desired.

I like grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, they're sometimes cheaper. However, their produce and fruit leave much to be desired.

I shop at HEB. It's a locally owned chain, and we get local produce and meats far superior in quality to Wal Mart's. However, I do shop for other things at WalMart.

And as any Texan can tell you, HEB could easily be accused of the same thing Wal Mart is accused of. Just since I was a kid, HEB has put Piggly Wiggly, Handy ANdy, Kroger, and Albertson's out of business here because he can sell a lot cheaper than a national chain. Only Wal-Mart and Super Target remain and that's because on a national level, both can absorb the loss.

Or maybe it's because he is supplying a better quality product to the people for the same or lower prices.

I shop at HEB. It's a locally owned chain, and we get local produce and meats far superior in quality to Wal Mart's. However, I do shop for other things at WalMart.

And as any Texan can tell you, HEB could easily be accused of the same thing Wal Mart is accused of. Just since I was a kid, HEB has put Piggly Wiggly, Handy ANdy, Kroger, and Albertson's out of business here because he can sell a lot cheaper than a national chain. Only Wal-Mart and Super Target remain and that's because on a national level, both can absorb the loss.

Or maybe it's because he is supplying a better quality product to the people for the same or lower prices.
Never heard of HEB, but I remember Piggly Wiggly! My dad and I would go grocery shopping there all the time and I'd help bring in groceries. Their soda wasn't that bad either.

Never heard of HEB, but I remember Piggly Wiggly! My dad and I would go grocery shopping there all the time and I'd help bring in groceries. Their soda wasn't that bad either.

HEB is a local grocery chain started in Kerrville, TX by H.E. Butt. His deal is he deals mostly with local producers -- both produce and meats -- thereby. keeping his costs to a minimum. His truckers drive intrastate versus nat'l chains who who have to ship interstate. His produce and meat products are also fresher than a national chain who could be shipping from anywhere. Here, they go from producer to market.

Piggly Wiggly used to be throughout the South that I know of. They were here back in the 60s before HEB made his big push.

Dems have ben bashing Wal Mart for years, and I hope they keep it up.

It seems people do not like hearing the union thugs and libs attacking a great corporation like Wal Mart

I love Wal Mart. They have wnat I want, and I pay a fair price. The employees are friendly and they are always willing to help

Poll: Critique of Wal-Mart is a Political Loser
By Peter Brown

Democratic presidential candidates who attack Wal-Mart due to concerns about the ill effects of globalization, the firm's business practices and its pay for workers are hurting their own election prospects.

That's the message from new polls in Ohio and Florida, the two most important swing states in presidential elections.

Simply put, the poll results raise this question: Why have Democrats chosen to highlight their opposition to the nation's largest employer.

Three-in-four voters say attacks by politicians on Wal-Mart won't affect their voting behavior. But among those who say it will, those people are much more likely to vote against a candidate who skewers Wal-Mart than they are to vote for him.

Quinnipiac University polls of more than 1,000 voters in each of those states last month found that Wal-Mart is viewed very favorably by the electorate, and especially by independent voters who generally decide close elections.

A plurality of voters also believes that Democrats who attack Wal-Mart are doing so to curry favor with organized labor, which is unhappy with the firm because its stores are non-union.

Even self-identified Democrats say their local communities are better off for having a Wal-Mart in their area, although in Ohio, union families are more likely to have mixed feelings about the company.

Many Democratic presidential candidates, including Sens. Hillary Clinton of New York and Barack Obama of Illinois, have not just been critical of the nation's largest retailer, but used it as a campaign prop.

Bashing Wal-Mart has become almost a stock part of their rhetoric, arguing that the company doesn't treat its workers well, and hurts communities because a side effect of offering its low prices is driving down wages.

To determine the effectiveness of that message, the independent Quinnipiac Poll asked voters in Ohio and Florida whether anyone in their household had shopped in a Wal-Mart in the past year.

In Florida, 91 percent answered affirmatively; in Ohio 86 percent.

But not only do these voters shop there, they overwhelmingly see the company as a positive force in their community, and by a solid margin as a good thing for the country. The difference probably reflects a concern about the outsourcing of American jobs, since Wal-Mart imports a large percentage of its goods from overseas.

In Florida, by a 72-16 percent margin, voters think Wal-Mart has a positive rather than negative effect on their area. By a 61-25 percent margin, they feel that way about the firm's affect on the country. In Ohio, by 65-23 percent voters think it has been a positive force in their area, 52-37 percent for the country.

By a ratio of four-to-one, 56-14 percent, Floridians view Wal-Mart favorably. The figures for Florida Democrats aren't much different, 54-15 percent.

Ohioans see the firm favorably 44-24 percent, although in the roughly one in five Ohio households in which there is a union member, Wal-Mart is viewed negatively 40-31 percent. However, those union households believe by a 53-28 percent margin that Wal-Mart has been positive for their area.

In Ohio 77 percent, and in Florida 78 percent, say a candidate's attacks on Wal-Mart would not affect their voting behavior. But among those who say it matters, the view is decidedly negative about such candidates.

In Ohio, twice as many voters, 14 percent, said attacks against Wal-Mart make it less likely they would support such a candidate than the 7 percent who said it made them more likely. Among independents, that margin was 13 percent to 4 percent.

In Florida, 16 percent said they would be less likely to support such a candidate, compared to 4 percent who said they would be more likely to support him. Among independents, it was 18-4 percent.

Of course what a presidential candidate says about Wal-Mart doesn't rank high on voters' list of priorities, but it is interesting that Democrats, and not just those running for president, have decided to declare verbal warfare on the company.

At least on the surface, it does not seem to make political sense.

Peter A. Brown is assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. He can be reached at [email protected]

If WAL-MART where a country it would be chinas 8th largest trading partner.
China appreciates this very much it provides them with much needed capital for more economic and trade expansion and to supply a massive army and nuclear arsenal pointed right at you !

Look no further who are attacking Wal Mart - union thugs and libs

Urban activists urge Wal-Mart to improve pay, benefits
MARCUS KABEL
Associated Press
Community activists from Los Angeles and other big cities have issued a joint call on Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to improve its wages and health care benefits before moving into urban areas, decrying what they called "poverty-wage jobs."

The advocacy group Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy released a statement and a letter Monday to Wal-Mart Chief Executive Lee Scott that it said was signed by more than 100 religious, political, civil rights and business leaders from 10 urban areas across the country.

The group also urged elected officials in cities where Wal-Mart wants to expand to press the world's largest retailer for "good jobs that provide quality health insurance and living wages, and that allow employees to work free from discrimination and intimidation."

Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart, which is trying to expand into more urban areas after growing in rural and suburban markets, defended its record as an employer, as a company committed to diversity and as an economic contributor to the neighborhoods where it has stores.

"The public will see through these attacks, because they know Wal-Mart offers good jobs and opportunities, helps working families save money, and gives back more to our communities than virtually any other company in America," the company said in a statement.

Wal-Mart also rejected the charge of low pay, saying it offers good jobs with competitive pay and benefits. Its average, full-time wage is $10.11 per hour and health plans cost as little as $11 per month in some areas, the company said.

The community groups said they were making their statement now to mark next Monday's observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

"Too often, we hear that for our communities, any job is a good job," said Rev. Lennox Yearwood, CEO of the Hip Hop Caucus in Washington, D.C. "We reject the idea that minority communities should settle for low-paying jobs without a future."

California State Sen. Gil Cedillo, who represents Los Angeles, said Wal-Mart's low prices come at too high a cost.

"In order for our communities to achieve the American Dream, we need more than poverty-wage jobs," Cedillo said in the statement.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/merc...s/california/northern_california/16417293.htm

As far as China, it is called capitalism and the free market

So the 100 milion people who shop at Wal Mart every week support communism / elitism?

Try this...........

Is Walmart Bad For The Economy?
Posted on Dec 11th, 2006 with stocks: WMT

Faisal Laljee submits: Since everyone on and off Wall Street has an opinion about Walmart (WMT) and the recent controversy that surrounds it, I figured it is my turn to sing the song that is Walmart.

First, I want to lay out the controversies that surround this behemoth:

Walmart is accused of unjust labor practices - this includes giving their workers minimum wage and not providing health insurance. My take on this - minimum wages are set by the federal and state governments. There are many companies, both small and large, that give only minimum wage to their employees. Now on the positive side, Walmart saves an average of over $2000 per year for those who shop there regularly. These shoppers who save so much include the same demographic that works at Walmart.

As for health care, Walmart is disadvantaged only by the fact that it is the largest retailer in the world. If that were not the case, this would not be an issue. Aside from Starbucks (SBUX), no large employer I know of gives health insurance to part time employees, and this is due to the high cost of health care, which in turn is due to the high cost of insurance that doctors/hospitals must purchase to fend off lawsuits, which in turn .... I could go on and on. There are CEOs that make millions, yet are often caught golfing in the afternoon - and that's fine by me - but then I ask those who accuse Walmart of unfair labor practices, why they don't ask United Health (UNH) or Aetna (AET) to cut down their executive salaries by 75%? They can then afford to cut down insurance premiums, which would then bring down the cost of healthcare.

Walmart is also accused of harming smaller "mom and pop" businesses through pricing power. Yes - I believe it is called free market capitalism. People accused Microsoft (MSFT) of pricing power through monopoly too. Has anyone ever really done a detailed analysis of how much Walmart has hurt these small businesses and compared it against how much money it has saved shoppers? I bet the latter number is heavier. Most small shops that offer good products and service at reasonable prices should be able to survive the Walmart threat.

It is said that Walmart brings down property values in surrounding areas by its sheer presence. That is ridiculous. What's next? Should we shut down the Salvation Army drop offices because they attract low income shoppers? Should we also discriminate against Denny's (DENN) and IHop's (IHP)? On the flip side, golf courses and high rises drive up the price of surrounding properties, making those areas unaffordable for middle America. Why not lobby against those too?

Walmart is hiring illegal immigrants. Again, its sheer size gets in the way of Walmart. Every car wash I know of in Southern California, and believe me there are plenty of them, hire illegal immigrants. I think we need to be fair here. Most Americans complain about minimum wages being too low, so really the only people willing to work for such low wages are illegal immigrants. On one hand we complain about low wages, but we also complain about those who are willing to work for these low wages.

The affect of Walmart on our economy is significant. From employing hundreds of thousands of people to saving customers a lot of money to ensuring that competitors like Target (TGT) and KMart (SHLD) keep their prices in check (thereby inadvertently also saving money for those who don't shop Walmart), this giant retailer needs to focus on its core business to make money for its shareholders and to save money for their customers rather than fight off controversy. I say let them do their job. Perhaps they might have provided their employees with health insurance if they didn't have to dish out the legal fees for these battles. Hey lets go after those lawyers for charging so much!!! ..... Sigh

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that Walmart, in my opinion, is good for the economy. It is good for the people that shop there and those that shop at competitors. It is good for those that it employs because otherwise they might not have a job at all. Now if they pay below minimum wage, they need to be brought to justice, otherwise, if people have a problem with their practices, I have a simple suggestion - don't shop there.

http://retail.seekingalpha.com/article/22151

yes the 100 million people that shop at wal-mart every week support communism and elitism unwittingly as it may be ,they also support the loss of American manufacturing jobs

America has not been a maunfacturing economy before Wal Mart became a major corportation

The only reason libs hate Wal Mart is because they will not allow union thugs to infest their company

Libs see a cash cow, via political contributions, to fund their political aganda. That money, by the way, comes out of the pockets of the workers they claim to care about

Among 114 product categories, U.S.-based producers boosted their domestic market share in only three categories between 1997 and 2005: heavy trucks and chassis, computer storage devices, and computer chips. Imports gained market share in 111 categories.

The survey from the U.S. Business and Industry Council, a nonprofit group in Washington of small and midsize manufacturers and a critic of U.S. trade policy, used Census Bureau data. The survey excluded inexpensive consumer products found in Wal-Marts, Targets and dollar stores. Toys, clothing, sporting goods and other products in those retail stores are typically blamed for the soaring trade deficit.

Instead, the study focused on industrial and engineered products, such as wireless equipment, plumbing fixtures, tire cord, navigation and guidance systems, power boilers, and heat exchangers

Well, the Washington crowd of journalists, pundits, and politicians were busy telling us that NAFTA would make things even more peachy here. Funny, how the data doesn't really support it. We have engineered more trade agreements, and our manufacturing jobs are going down the toilet, down the drain, and as I am sure Thomas Friedman will say we just need a little bit more "free trade", I wonder how long the American people will tolerate this crap.

We lose market shares in 97.36% of key skilled labor manufactured products and nary a word is said. This article was from December 7th, yet it isn't being trumpeted in Thomas Friedman's latest column. The power brokers in Washington are remaining mum. Yet, with these numbers come real tragic stories of American towns dying off. Oh, they still have the SuperWalMart, and the McDonalds, and a solitary Starbucks, but the heart and soul and the good jobs are being left behind.

By 2003, our manufacturing base was it's lowest since 1950. Think of what has been developed since the 1950's. All the stealth technology, the plasma televisions, the walkmans, the microwave ovens, the high tech big box appliances, the computers, the cell phones. The list is endless. We have less jobs in manufacturing than we did in 1951. It's stunning beyond words. What I am referring to is the silence we hear from the elites who don't see crumbling buildings that used to house energized workers. It's hard to see. Must be that bistro on Dupont Circle blocking the view

Among 114 product categories, U.S.-based producers boosted their domestic market share in only three categories between 1997 and 2005: heavy trucks and chassis, computer storage devices, and computer chips. Imports gained market share in 111 categories.

The survey from the U.S. Business and Industry Council, a nonprofit group in Washington of small and midsize manufacturers and a critic of U.S. trade policy, used Census Bureau data. The survey excluded inexpensive consumer products found in Wal-Marts, Targets and dollar stores. Toys, clothing, sporting goods and other products in those retail stores are typically blamed for the soaring trade deficit.

Instead, the study focused on industrial and engineered products, such as wireless equipment, plumbing fixtures, tire cord, navigation and guidance systems, power boilers, and heat exchangers

Well, the Washington crowd of journalists, pundits, and politicians were busy telling us that NAFTA would make things even more peachy here. Funny, how the data doesn't really support it. We have engineered more trade agreements, and our manufacturing jobs are going down the toilet, down the drain, and as I am sure Thomas Friedman will say we just need a little bit more "free trade", I wonder how long the American people will tolerate this crap.

We lose market shares in 97.36% of key skilled labor manufactured products and nary a word is said. This article was from December 7th, yet it isn't being trumpeted in Thomas Friedman's latest column. The power brokers in Washington are remaining mum. Yet, with these numbers come real tragic stories of American towns dying off. Oh, they still have the SuperWalMart, and the McDonalds, and a solitary Starbucks, but the heart and soul and the good jobs are being left behind.

By 2003, our manufacturing base was it's lowest since 1950. Think of what has been developed since the 1950's. All the stealth technology, the plasma televisions, the walkmans, the microwave ovens, the high tech big box appliances, the computers, the cell phones. The list is endless. We have less jobs in manufacturing than we did in 1951. It's stunning beyond words. What I am referring to is the silence we hear from the elites who don't see crumbling buildings that used to house energized workers. It's hard to see. Must be that bistro on Dupont Circle blocking the view

and how many plasma televisions, the walkmans, the microwave ovens, the high tech big box appliances, the computers, the cell phones are in your home?

How many items made outside of the US would we find in your home?

With a Federal budget approaching $3 trillion dollars, we have the richest poor in the world

Forum List

Back