Unemployment up because more people are looking for work.

It took Ears seven years to get here.....fail
Things are slowing..........we are on verge of layoffs, others have to have laid off employees for us to be getting there.

Anyone paying attention to the manufacturing index back in December knows this

indicators are in conflict, stock market is near all time high, unemployment is 5%, Apple sales high in China.

The unemployment rate is closer to 10%
The unemployment rate is the number of people available for and looking for work divided by those working and those available and looking for work. BLS has it at 5% (+/- .2) for March, and Gallup has it at 5.8% (+/- .7) for April. While technically closer to 10%, I don't think that's what you meant. So what's your source and how can both BLS and Gallup be so far off?

U.S. Gains 215K Jobs In March, Unemployment Rises To 5 Pct.

That is the fifth time in the past six months that the proportion of Americans working or looking for work has increased, an encouraging trend after that figure fell to four-decade lows last year.

The increase in the work force "has been truly astounding - the strongest in over two decades, suggesting that the job market is finally pulling discouraged workers off the sidelines," said James Marple, an economist at TD Economics.

Americans appear to be pocketing much of their savings from lower gas prices rather than spending them. The savings rate rose to 5.4 percent in February, the highest in a year.

-------------------------------------
Democrat policies. Good for the country.

You stupid fuck.........
If more people are looking for jobs that means there are less jobs to be had.

Thanks for confirming Barry's lack of ability to create jobs.

That is the fifth time in the past six months that the proportion of Americans working or looking for work has increased, an encouraging trend after that figure fell to four-decade lows last year.

The increase in the work force "has been truly astounding - the strongest in over two decades, suggesting that the job market is finally pulling discouraged workers off the sidelines," said James Marple, an economist at TD Economics.

Americans appear to be pocketing much of their savings from lower gas prices rather than spending them. The savings rate rose to 5.4 percent in February, the highest in a year.

You stupid fuck.........
How does it mean that? When people who previously didn't want jobs start looking for jobs that means they think there are more jobs available.

You stupid fuck.........
How does it mean that? When people who previously didn't want jobs start looking for jobs that means they think there are more jobs available.

If there were plenty of jobs they'd already be working.

You stupid fuck.........

It doesn't take any time to find a job in your universe? If there aren't many jobs available, people who don't necessarily need a job, like students, retirees, spouses, don't bother trying to get one. As more jobs become available, and wages pick up, they'll start looking again.

You stupid fuck.........

It doesn't take any time to find a job in your universe? If there aren't many jobs available, people who don't necessarily need a job, like students, retirees, spouses, don't bother trying to get one. As more jobs become available, and wages pick up, they'll start looking again.

If you dont need to work why would you all of a sudden start?

You stupid fuck.........

Because you want one. I didn't need a job when I was in high school...I worked for extra pocket money. My mother didn't need to work, she took a job to get out of the house and pick up some extra money.

Is this really an unusual concept?

Cool.....this is like the Climate Change argument. If it's hot, it's climate change. If it's cold, it's climate change.

If more people are looking for work, could it be more aren't finding work? Could be more are being laid off in anticipation of the new $15 MW?

Nah......

You stupid fuck.........

Because you want one. I didn't need a job when I was in high school...I worked for extra pocket money. My mother didn't need to work, she took a job to get out of the house and pick up some extra money.

It is in my mind.
I dont have to work and I sure as hell wont be looking for a job.
But when I did I looked none stop until I found one.
The number of people in your scenario are miniscule.

It is in my mind.
Out of 8 million unemployed, 2.5 million are reentrants to the labor force. There's no way to measure "need", but clearly these people were not working or trying to work and now are looking. That hardly seems miniscule.

It is in my mind.
Out of 8 million unemployed, 2.5 million are reentrants to the labor force. There's no way to measure "need", but clearly these people were not working or trying to work and now are looking. That hardly seems miniscule.

There are over 94 million not in the workforce.

It is in my mind.

There are over 94 million not in the workforce.
Actually it's down to 93.5 million not in the labor force. But those are people who aren't trying to work. 88 million don't want to work, and the others just aren't doing anything about work. That tells us nothing as to whether there are jobs or not.

Forum List

Back