Unabomber - In His Own Words

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is a fantastic 4-part documentary on Ted Kaczynski, who is a brilliant and deeply troubled man. He attended Harvard at 16 years old, which I believe only harmed him emotionally. You don't ever see him in his only interview, you only hear him, but it retraces his life and how he built his bombs, showing throughout the remnants of each device, and how they increased in lethality.

I like how it is done, you don't spend the first half hour going over his childhood, it starts right out with the bombings and slowly feeds in his personal life and family throughout. I'm half way done and very impressed.

The Unabomber was responsible for the deaths of 3 people and injuries to about 20 in an almost 20 year bombing spree. A decade or so earlier Bill Ayers and his gang were engaged in the same thing. Ayers was responsible for the deaths of four of his comrades who were killed while making a bomb allegedly intended for a Ft. Dix dance and violation ff a hundred class 1 felonies. The Unabomber received three life sentences. Ayers walked away a free man and is now a college professor. WTF happened?

The Unabomber was responsible for the deaths of 3 people and injuries to about 20 in an almost 20 year bombing spree. A decade or so earlier Bill Ayers and his gang were engaged in the same thing. Ayers was responsible for the deaths of four of his comrades who were killed while making a bomb allegedly intended for a Ft. Dix dance and violation ff a hundred class 1 felonies. The Unabomber received three life sentences. Ayers walked away a free man and is now a college professor. WTF happened?
The bombings, which caused no fatalities, except for three members killed when one of the group's own devices accidentally exploded, resulted in Ayers being hunted as a fugitive for several years, until charges were dropped due to illegal actions by the FBI agents pursuing him and others.

I saw the first two parts of the series and plan to see the remaining parts. Doing the series through the eyes of the bomber rather than just interviews is very affective

I saw the first two parts of the series and plan to see the remaining parts. Doing the series through the eyes of the bomber rather than just interviews is very affective

Wait till you get to the last episode, episode 4, there is a bombshell dropped that could help to explain what caused Kaczynski to become the homicidal bomber that he did, it is truly stunning what happened to him as a kid at Harvard.

I wonder if the series included the part where Al Gore's book was found in his hut?
No, but it explores his relationship with environmental extremists, which, according to ones outlook, education, and particular feeling and knowledge of what mankind is doing to this planet, might make them say that Kaczynski, minus the violence, made some salient points about the damage industrialization and technology are doing today.

The bombings, which caused no fatalities, except for three members killed when one of the group's own devices accidentally exploded, resulted in Ayers being hunted as a fugitive for several years, until charges were dropped due to illegal actions by the FBI agents pursuing him and others.
A death during the commission of a felony constitutes felony murder in the state of New York.

Wait till you get to the last episode, episode 4, there is a bombshell dropped that could help to explain what caused Kaczynski to become the homicidal bomber that he did, it is truly stunning what happened to him as a kid at Harvard.
Watched last episode last night. No doubt the 3 year study of intensive interrogation he participated in during college had an effect as did his lack of empathy probably from his schizophrenia. However he knew exactly what he was doing when he made those bombs and mailed them to people. He was willing to sacrifice innocent lives to get attention to his claims. He is where he should be.

I found the families claim interesting, that when he was very young he was happy, communicated, and a loving child. After he got sick an went to the hospital, he came back a different child.

Last edited:
After he got sick an went to the hospital, he came back a different child.
Yea, I thought that part was weird. It is possible there was some kind of serial sexual abuse, and couldn't believe they could only see the kid for two, two hour visits a week. That was real creepy. I can't believe they subjected someone already emotionally fragile, considering he was younger than his classmates, to psychological abuse like that. I don't understand why he was chosen for that.

Yea, I thought that part was weird. It is possible there was some kind of serial sexual abuse, and couldn't believe they could only see the kid for two, two hour visits a week. That was real creepy. I can't believe they subjected someone already emotionally fragile, considering he was younger than his classmates, to psychological abuse like that. I don't understand why he was chosen for that.
You'd know all about being subjected to things wouldn't you Mr Butt Blasted outta AIT Stolen Valor LOL

And who was pardoned by Bill Clinton and is now one of the heads of BLM that bombed the capitol in the 80s?

Susan Rosenberg

They took him on a field trip to skullNbonez ?

With schizophrenia, the lack of empathy is common and it explains his ability to live for many years with very limited human contact. If it wasn't for the fact that the appearance of schizophrenia in children less than 13 is very rare I would have thought this may have been where the problems began.

In those days, there wasn't much monitoring of medical and psychological studies. I remember when I took a psych class in college, they ask for student volunteer for various studies. It was said jokingly that student volunteers were the next step after white mice but I think there was a lot of truth in it.

I wondered if it was legal for a judge to deny the defendant the right to fire his lawyers. That seemly really strange particularly in a murder trial.

Last edited:
I wondered if it was legal for a judge to deny the defendant the right to fire his lawyers. That seemly really strange particularly in a murder trial.
It was too late in the trial, it was almost concluded. New counsel would have taken too long and been unable to get up to speed on what had happened. I believe the judge granted his request but insisted they remain seated where they had been for the duration of the trial.

It was too late in the trial, it was almost concluded. New counsel would have taken too long and been unable to get up to speed on what had happened. I believe the judge granted his request but insisted they remain seated where they had been for the duration of the trial.
You should be lucky they don't try people for faking military service

Quit following me around the forum, you freak.
What's the matter? It was fine when you did it the past six months but now that you've been found out you cry foul

LOL block me bitch or everyday I'm a remind you what you are

A FRAUD and A LIAR

Forum List

Back