Un-freaking-believable... You can now be arrested for your choice of attire.

SpidermanTuba said:
And what is that dress code, exactly?

Echoing Shattered...

You dress a certain way for certain occasions. Shorts and a tank top is not normally appropriate for a church wedding.

A tuxedo not normally appropriate for daily work attire.

If this has to be explained to you, you are far more hopeless than any of us imagined.

Then again.....

jAZ said:
So I can now be arrested for breaking dress code? Wow, I guess kicking you out of the building is not enough when you are a liberal? You gotta lock us in Jail too with up to a year in prison?

What a great country Bush has truned this into.

What the hell is WRONG with you??? Holy crap. Seriously, please have your reproductive organs removed. You believe this whole situation with Sheehan was because BUSH had her arrested, or BUSH created the laws which supported her arrest?

Are you that much of a doofus? I honestly believe nobody can be as nuts as you pretend to be on the board....nobody can be LACKING in common sense to the degree your posts paint you to be. Please stop w/ the games.

To the leftist tards posting on this thread:

"..Capitol Police took Sheehan, invited as a guest of Rep. Lynn Woolsey, D-Calif., away in handcuffs and charged her with unlawful conduct, a misdemeanor. She later was released on her own recognizance.

Capitol Police Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said police warned her that such displays were not allowed in the House chamber, but Sheehan did not respond..."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1565113

This whole argument with Spidy/Sheehan is almost the same as when a student wears inappropriate clothes to school and is sent home to change.

Of course, the liberal position is that everybody should be able to splash their inappropriate, insubordinate, and trashy values upon everyone else at any gathering all in the name of freedom. They totally ignore the freedom of the majority to choose to operate a particular gathering with decorum and tradition. If you don't like the rules, don't attend.

ScreamingEagle said:
This whole argument with Spidy/Sheehan is almost the same as when a student wears inappropriate clothes to school and is sent home to change.

Of course, the liberal position is that everybody should be able to splash their inappropriate, insubordinate, and trashy values upon everyone else at any gathering all in the name of freedom. They totally ignore the freedom of the majority to choose to operate a particular gathering with decorum and tradition. If you don't like the rules, don't attend.

unless of course the shoe is on the other foot

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forum...ead.php?t=28839

jAZ said:
So much for the "land of the free", I guess. I would hope that even the Libertarian-types around here would be a little outraged at this.

Be realistic, you can't toss out Sheehan without removing the other woman too. If you got something to say, run for office. Or paint a tractor trailer and drive it around town.. But, during the SOTU address, or any time you are allowed to go into the Congressional chambers, I would suggest that one dress appropriately.

Sheehan was probably a plant by the dems as they knew it would be controversial. I honestly feel bad that she lost her child.. I can't even begin to think I know what she is feeling at the loss. But,, her political views, fueled by her hatred for Bush, is annoying me. On the other hand,, it is a free country, and if she wants to campaign against the war, it is her life.. In how many other countries whould she be still alive to do so???

Democrat4Bush said:
Seems it works both ways Tuba and Jaz.

IF there is one bitch that I can't stand, it is Hillary Clinton. The next would be that Pelozzi Ahole in the house... NO WONDER BILL CHEATED ON YOU, YOU"RE A MISERABLE BITCH!!! :dev1: HILLARY IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHAT A CREATURE IS THAT SELLS THEIR SOUL TO THE DEVIL IN ORDER TO BE ELECTED!!! NEVER FORGET WHO SHE PANDERED TO FOR THE VOTES, AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE PARDONS BILL GRANTED BEFORE HE LEFT OFFICE. Who received them? What are the connections between the pardoned and Hillary election machine??? Don't forget this stuff.

sorry, seeing her puss gets me agitated

Working Man said:
Democrat4Bush said:
Seems it works both ways Tuba and Jaz.

IF there is one bitch that I can't stand, it is Hillary Clinton. The next would be that Pelozzi Ahole in the house... NO WONDER BILL CHEATED ON YOU, YOU"RE A MISERABLE BITCH!!! :dev1: HILLARY IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHAT A CREATURE IS THAT SELLS THEIR SOUL TO THE DEVIL IN ORDER TO BE ELECTED!!! NEVER FORGET WHO SHE PANDERED TO FOR THE VOTES, AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE PARDONS BILL GRANTED BEFORE HE LEFT OFFICE. Who received them? What are the connections between the pardoned and Hillary election machine??? Don't forget this stuff.

EVERYTHING gets you agitated! :laugh:

I think its kind of funny that even the President couldn't go into the House unless he was invited and properly dressed. Yet for some reason Cindy thinks she should be able to go in and protest? She is messed up.

jAZ said:
Not until it actually disrupts things. If it doesn't ever disrupt, then it's ok. That's the basic standard I've seen when reading up in the last few minutes. It's the same standard used in allowing students to wear T-shirts in school that teachers try to ban. You can only restrict/ban the shirt AFTER it causes a disruption. Until then, it's protected.

This reported didn't cause any disruption other than the one Bush's henchman caused by hassling her.

Now we have a rather larger peace movement in the United States, and it is being treated with grave respect by the bien pensants. Still, this peace movement is pretty much confined to the zanies. The other night as the President was giving his State of the Union speech they gathered in Washington around the statue to General U.S. Grant on the Capitol grounds singing "All You Need Is Love," "Give Peace a Chance," and, who knows, maybe that song about the yellow submarine or "One Hundred Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

Their Gandhi is Cindy Sheehan, who is either a lunatic or one of the many self-promoters who with little talent and no demonstrated knowledge of international relations become media stars on behalf of peace. Mrs. Sheehan was given a ticket to the State of the Union speech by a member of Congress. Would you care to guess which party that member represents? The member's name is Lynn C. Woolsey and she insists, "I didn't see this as a political act at all." One of the Democrats' complaints about the President is that he is a liar. What is the Hon. Woolsey?

Once in the gallery Mrs. Sheehan began demonstrating, though there are those in the media who doubt this. She undid her jacket revealing a T-shirt with an anti-war message. She began drawing attention to herself. She was arrested. Now there are people in the press who doubt the Capitol Police's claim that she acted inappropriately. The police claim she was "boisterous." There is a law against demonstrating in the House gallery. Now on the talk shows the great debate begins: Was Mrs. Sheehan boisterous or not? Was she demonstrating?

Mrs. Sheehan has spent all of her brief public life demonstrating, but apparently despite the involvement of this Democratic congresswoman and despite her anti-war T-shirt persons in press want to argue that she was not demonstrating.

http://spectator.org/dsp_ret.asp

Working Man said:
Democrat4Bush said:

You're probably not the only one. Good thing she and Bill aren't really all that close; them "heavy-set" guys need to keep their aggravation level down. He seems relaxed.

You people crack me up... you folks will drive 18 miles out of the way to pick up a load of BS and bring it back to this thread to throw at a liberal.

First, the complaint is and has always been that... stick with me on this.. that Cindy Sheehan was ARRESTED!

Not like in the case of the Republican wife, or the Clinton impeachment trial guy. Those people were merely kicked out for violating protocol. That's appropriate.

Cindy Sheehan was ARRESTED.

Get the details straight... even with they conflict with your bogus attempt at a defense of the situation.

Now, I'm sure you all saw this story, but I see no trace of anyone from this thread saying sharing it. Again, most likely because it contradicts directly the BS being hurled on this thread.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/02/news/notes.php
Capitol Police drop charges over T-shirts
The Associated Press, The New York Times

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2006

WASHINGTON The Capitol Police have dropped a charge of unlawful conduct against the anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and apologized for ejecting her and a congressman's wife from President George W. Bush's State of the Union address for wearing T-shirts with war messages.

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol," the Capitol Police chief, Terrance Gainer, said in a statement.​

The police have admitted they were wrong. It's time for you folks who claim to be intellectually honest and morally suprerior to liberals to admit the same.

jAZ said:
You people crack me up... you folks will drive 18 miles out of the way to pick up a load of BS and bring it back to this thread to throw at a liberal.

First, the complaint is and has always been that... stick with me on this.. that Cindy Sheehan was ARRESTED!

Not like in the case of the Republican wife, or the Clinton impeachment trial guy. Those people were merely kicked out for violating protocol. That's appropriate.

Get the details straight... even with they conflict with your bogus attempt at a defense of the situation.

Now, I'm sure you all saw this story, but I see no trace of anyone from this thread saying sharing it. Again, most likely because it contradicts directly the BS being hurled on this thread.

Briefly: Capitol Police drop charges over T-shirts

WASHINGTON The Capitol Police have dropped a charge of unlawful conduct against the anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and apologized for ejecting her and a congressman's wife from President George W. Bush's State of the Union address for wearing T-shirts with war messages.

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol," the Capitol Police chief, Terrance Gainer, said in a statement.

"The policy and procedures were too vague," he added.

On Tuesday night the police removed Sheehan and Beverly Young, the wife of Representative C.W. Bill Young, Republican of Florida, from the visitors' gallery. (AP)

CHICAGO: At least five hospitals are advising dozens of people who received tissue transplants to undergo precautionary testing after learning some of the tissue may have been fraudulently obtained from cadavers in New York. Federal officials say there is a small risk of infection from possibly diseased tissue as a result of what investigators call a large-scale scheme in which corpses were cut up and parts illegally sold. (AP)

NEW YORK: A 21-year-old man jumped to his death from the Empire State Building, the police said Thursday. David Abramowitz had bought a ticket to the 86th-floor observation deck but found his way on Wednesday to a vacant office on the 66th floor, where he jumped, the police said. His body was discovered on a sixth-floor landing. More than 30 people have committed suicide at the building since it opened in 1931. (AP)

NEW YORK: Colombian drug traffickers were readying puppies as couriers by implanting packets of liquid heroin into their bodies to ship them to the United States, federal officials said. The scheme was revealed Wednesday as the authorities unsealed indictments in Brooklyn charging 10 people with conspiring to import heroin. (NYT)

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol," the Capitol Police chief, Terrance Gainer, said in a statement.

On Tuesday night the police removed Sheehan and Beverly Young, the wife of Representative C.W. Bill Young, Republican of Florida, from the visitors' gallery. (AP)

CHICAGO: At least five hospitals are advising dozens of people who received tissue transplants to undergo precautionary testing after learning some of the tissue may have been fraudulently obtained from cadavers in New York. Federal officials say there is a small risk of infection from possibly diseased tissue as a result of what investigators call a large-scale scheme in which corpses were cut up and parts illegally sold. (AP)

NEW YORK: A 21-year-old man jumped to his death from the Empire State Building, the police said Thursday. David Abramowitz had bought a ticket to the 86th-floor observation deck but found his way on Wednesday to a vacant office on the 66th floor, where he jumped, the police said. His body was discovered on a sixth-floor landing. More than 30 people have committed suicide at the building since it opened in 1931. (AP)

NEW YORK: Colombian drug traffickers were readying puppies as couriers by implanting packets of liquid heroin into their bodies to ship them to the United States, federal officials said. The scheme was revealed Wednesday as the authorities unsealed indictments in Brooklyn charging 10 people with conspiring to import heroin. (NYT)

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol," the Capitol Police chief, Terrance Gainer, said in a statement.​

The police have admitted they were wrong. It's time for you folks who claim to be intellectually honest and morally suprerior to liberals to admit the same.

"Us folks" don't need to admit anything. We supported the police for removing, detaining, and arresting her. She did not follow directions issued by the police.

If you are driving down the street and a policeman pulls you over and accuses you of speeding - but you know you weren't - what are you going to do?

He instructs you to get out of your car, give him license and insurance, etc..are you going to say "No"...or are you going to do it?

Then he gives you a ticket. You going to throw it away on the ground because you know it is wrong? Or are you going to go to court and "fight" it?

It is all about respect and obeying authority.

I say kudos to the police who realized they were wrong and admitted it.

Were they wrong for arresting her? Apparently so..at least in their minds.

Was she "more" wrong for disobeying them? Absolutely.

Her having the charges dropped does not justify what she did.

She is a walking advertisement and testament for lack of respect.

jAZ said:

Jaz, when the woman is seen hugging Hugo Chavez, do you really find it all that suprising that she was arrested? It's sad that you can't see Cindy Sheehan for the publicity stunt that she is. Stop being unreasonable.

Why do you want us to appologize for the police's actions? This is not some right wing conspiracy, Bush did not order it.... get over it.

Forum List

Back