U.S. DROPS TO 49TH IN WORLD PRESS FREEDOM RANKINGS, WORST SINCE OBAMA BECAME PRESIDENT

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Is there any question that under Obama we are moving closer and closer to an outright tyranny?

U.S. Drops to 49th in World Press Freedom Rankings Worst Since Obama Became President - The Intercept

Each year, Reporters Without Borders issues a worldwide ranking of nations based on the extent to which they protect or abridge press freedom. The group’s 2015 ranking was released this morning, and the United States is ranked 49th.

That is the lowest ranking ever during the Obama presidency, and the second-lowest ranking for the U.S. since the rankings began in 2002 (in 2006, under Bush, the U.S. was ranked 53rd). The countries immediately ahead of the U.S. are Malta, Niger, Burkino Faso, El Salvador, Tonga, Chile and Botswana.

Some of the U.S.’s closest allies fared even worse, including Saudi Arabia (164), Bahrain (163), Egypt (158), the UAE (120), and Israel (101: “In the West Bank, the Israeli security forces deliberately fired rubber bullets and teargas at Palestinian journalists”; 15 journalists were killed during Israeli attack on Gaza; and “the authorities also stepped up control of programme content on their own TV stations during the offensive, banning a spot made by the Israeli NGO B’Tselem that cited the names of 150 children who had been killed in the Gaza Strip”)

Pretty shitty...but tell me this...and be honest. If a group like Reporters Without Borders, published a negative story about Bush or whomever you support, wouldn't you dismiss that report?

And don't get me wrong, I am no Obama fan. I just appreciate honesty in debate more than anything else.

Are you just searching for negative information to spew....is it propaganda. I know when I spout shit about Germans and canucks...it is propaganda, trying to gain supporters or influence people to think twice before trusting a dirty German or idiot canadian. What is your motivation? (Given the idea that you agree that you would dismiss a report by Reporters Without Borders if it was negative about your political affiliation.

Seeing as how Reporters without Borders gave the US a lower ranking when Bush was President, I don't think your OP really works.

From where I sit, 49th is better than 53rd.

That's unfair. They rank us so low just because 52% of our public school-educated adults don't know how to read.

Seriously, RWB puts high emphasis on how willing a country is to divest itself of state secrets, as to how far up their scale a nation ranks in "press freedom". That's bullshit. It's also why they enshrine traitorous little bastards like Edward Snowden. In short, they're a bunch of America-hating, Jew-hating, Israel-hating Marxists practicing the same level of impartiality one finds with say, Amnesty International.

Last edited:
That's unfair. They rank us so low just because 52% of our public school-educated adults don't know how to read.

Seriously, RWB puts high emphasis on how willing a country is to divest itself of state secrets, as to how far up their scale a nation ranks in "press freedom". That's bullshit. It's also why they enshrine traitorous little bastards like Edward Snowden. In short, they're a bunch of America-hating, Jew-hating, Israel-hating Marxists practicing the same level of impartiality one finds with say, Amnesty International.
Thank you! AND I AGREE 1,000%

They've been falling that way for years now. they were bad with Reagan and got even worse with Bush. but for Obama they have gone to the level of Pravda.

People need to wake up to this and get your POLITICAL news from other sources.

the lamestream media is IN BED with the DNC

Is there any question that under Obama we are moving closer and closer to an outright tyranny?

U.S. Drops to 49th in World Press Freedom Rankings Worst Since Obama Became President - The Intercept

Each year, Reporters Without Borders issues a worldwide ranking of nations based on the extent to which they protect or abridge press freedom. The group’s 2015 ranking was released this morning, and the United States is ranked 49th.

That is the lowest ranking ever during the Obama presidency, and the second-lowest ranking for the U.S. since the rankings began in 2002 (in 2006, under Bush, the U.S. was ranked 53rd). The countries immediately ahead of the U.S. are Malta, Niger, Burkino Faso, El Salvador, Tonga, Chile and Botswana.

Some of the U.S.’s closest allies fared even worse, including Saudi Arabia (164), Bahrain (163), Egypt (158), the UAE (120), and Israel (101: “In the West Bank, the Israeli security forces deliberately fired rubber bullets and teargas at Palestinian journalists”; 15 journalists were killed during Israeli attack on Gaza; and “the authorities also stepped up control of programme content on their own TV stations during the offensive, banning a spot made by the Israeli NGO B’Tselem that cited the names of 150 children who had been killed in the Gaza Strip”)
Do you know what the questions are they ask to come up with these rankings?

You're a huge retard if you're trying to string together the foolish notion that Obama has restricted the freedom of press, and the results of these rankings.

It all comes down to how much money it takes to create media networks in the US.

Here are the questions asked

2013 World Press Freedom Index

Seeing as how Reporters without Borders gave the US a lower ranking when Bush was President, I don't think your OP really works.

Does anyone think the press is freer today than under Bush?

Only if you believe that craven and servile is the same thing as "free."

briar, you were made to look stupid again. Over and over this happens to you. It's really funny.
See, you asked who thought the press was more free. Then the Doc pointed out that the source of this OP also thought the press was more free today than under Bush. Based on rankings

But you were too stupid to see that for yourself. Now Doc has made you look stupid again. Pretty much the norm for you anymore. Dumb fuck.

Does anyone think the press is freer today than under Bush?

Only if you believe that craven and servile is the same thing as "free."

briar, you were made to look stupid again. Over and over this happens to you. It's really funny.
See, you asked who thought the press was more free. Then the Doc pointed out that the source of this OP also thought the press was more free today than under Bush. Based on rankings

But you were too stupid to see that for yourself. Now Doc has made you look stupid again. Pretty much the norm for you anymore. Dumb fuck.

You have a vivid imagination.

Did you read the article? Under Bush we ranked 53rd.

Reporters Without Borders?

How phenomenally dumb is that? To rely on the scum of the earth to grade the scum of the earth?

I assume the OP meant well but -- Dewd...... Think.

Worse since tea baggers got into our government and GOP took over congress. Maybe people will start showing up to midterms. Nah

Worse since tea baggers got into our government and GOP took over congress. Maybe people will start showing up to midterms. Nah

I thought the TEA Party was a non-entity already.

Forum List

Back